Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

Lolita Lempicka = which bpal?

Lookin at my lonely bottle of Lolita Lempicka (its been feeling really neglected lately since i found Bpal)... I decided to put a lil bit on lightly... i love this scent but i feel naked without Bpal on my wrists! Anyone know of a scent that will compliment Lolita well? Thanx!

Edited by ivyandpeony
added subtitle to include au Masculin version

Do you mean the one in a purple glass bottle with black decorations? I bought it once just for the bottle :D :P

Smells like licorice/anise to me, so probably look for anise containing scents?

licorice, amarena?, iris, vanilla and violet I think, wonder if you could get a custom blend that's similar?

argh, lol, I'm useless at figuring out notes, lolita lempicka is my sister's favorite "I'm a happy and confident woman" scent, so I'm looking for something with similar notes to give her a gentle introduction to bpal oils, I know she'll love them but she's quite suspicious of new things...

any ideas or recomendations?

*sigh* I'm so sorry, I thought I was posting in recomendations :P

Edited by binkyboots

According to scentiments.com, Lolita Lempicka has: "a liquorice accord comprising of aniseed, violet, vanilla and praline with a floral oriental harmony of ivy, iris, amarena, tonka bean, vetiver and musk makes it a rich fruity fragrance."

I have not smelled Lolita Lempicka, so I can't be much help finding a "smell alike" for you. Hopefully someone else has and can help you out!

Hi binky, Lolita Lempicka is one of my favourite non-BPAL fragrances (although I don't wear it a lot now because, well, BPAL kicks ass!). Unfortunately I'm not much use to you :P Although I've tried my fair share of imps, I haven't found anything that is similar. On me, LL is predominantly licorice-y and herbal, sweet but not cloying, not fruity at all. The vanilla isn't strong on me either.

I haven't tried the single note of licorice - maybe start there? Other oils that have some of the same quality/mood for me are Morella (herbal-floral), Rosalind (herbal-fruity-floral), Alecto (dry-fruity-woody-herbal). I haven't tried Le Serpent Qui Danse, but it could be a possibility - violet, vanilla, and gardenia are the components.

Good luck!

I've never smelled Lolita Lempicka before, but Kabuki made me think of cherry and licorice. Imp also made me think of licorice, but that was probably my overactive imagination talking.

I think Ravenous smells totally like Lolita Lempicka on me. I'm wearing it again today and can't get enough of that orange-vanilla-y goodness! But your (and your sister's) mileage may vary - it might just be my nose being weird :P

It's so cool the way different people's chemistry works - Ravenous was totally orange popsicle on me.

I should try Kabuki - malanna, do you think the anise was what you were smelling re: the licorice? Was it pretty strong compared to the fruit?

Neo-Tokyo!!! It's delicate and sweet like the Lolita Lempicka Eau de Toilette. Neo-Tokyo's notes are cherry blossom, ozone and fruit. This is a very nice blend - I highly recommend it for anyone who likes Lolita Lempicka.

I've tried some others hoping for a match, but the anise BPAL uses is different. BPAL licorice is black, pungent, herbal. Lolita Lempicka uses licorice flower, which is a sweeter, more floral, note.

It's so cool the way different people's chemistry works - Ravenous was totally orange popsicle on me. 

I should try Kabuki - malanna, do you think the anise was what you were smelling re: the licorice?  Was it pretty strong compared to the fruit?

The cherry was strong in the beginning, with a hint of anise, but then the anise really stood out, with the cherry in the background, so if you like anise, you should try Kabuki.

cool, thank you malanna :P

oubliette, I have an imp of Neo-Tokyo - I should try it again to compare.

Actually I should try Lolita Lempicka again - my memories of it are from my pre-BPAL days. My nose is a little more "eddicated" now and I'd probably think about it differently.

If you like Lolita Lempicka, you might like Green Tree Viper. I like Green Tree Viper much, much better, but the drydown of Green Tree Viper smells like a minty version of Lolita Lempicka on me.

Hi Im looking for a fragrance that is similar to either Lolita Lempicka or Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, but a little lighter on the licorice smell or maybe no licorice smell at all. I would like a similar fragrance to still smell sweet. The notes in the

Lolita Lempicka are Top Notes:Ivy, Anise Seed, Middle Notes:Violet, Amarise, Licorice, Amarena, Base Notes:

Vetiver, Tonka, Vanilla, Musk,

au musculin are Top Notes:Green Ivy, Aniseed, Absinthe, Rum,Middle Notes:Aniseed, Praline, Violet, Base Notes:Cedarwood, Vanilla, Rock Rose, Barley Water,

Okay the orginal Lolita Lempicka when wet is absoultely beautiful. Smells like a tropical berry juice and sugary goodness When it dries it smells kinda soapy. It smells like the perfect laundry detergent mixed with perfume with a hit of berry juice. I still like it but Im trying to capture the opening fragrance.

The male type smells manly at first then turns powedry/ginger bread which is really good.

Do you think if I got any designer type frangrance oil in the original lempicka that it wouldnt turn soapy?

I realize this thread is years old, but I just tested Uruk, and after the drydown I went crazy with *HUFF* 'What does this remind me of?!' *HUFF* and it hit me - Lolita Lempicka! It's not as licorice-y, and it doesn't share ANY of the same notes, but to my nose it is almost an exact match, amazing!

Edited by Drae

Interesting! I tried Uruk many moons ago, and my chemistry turned it into something completely different :lol:

On the other hand, La Befana reminds me strongly of the original LL - same gourmand violet/liquorice combo :wub2:

Interesting! I tried Uruk many moons ago, and my chemistry turned it into something completely different :lol:

Actually, I might have spoken too soon. I tried Uruk again another day, and didn't get LL at all. It must have just been my chemistry, or maybe I unknowingly put Uruk where I had put lotion or a different BPAL scent earlier, to give me that impression. How strange! :lol: