Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Blackberry Jam & Scones

Blackberry jam and… scones.

First and foremost, this is blackberry jam. It it not straight up blackberry. If you're looking for a perfume that will smell like Monsterbait: Closet, this is not it.

Depending on your skin chemistry, the jam may not stay true. When I first tried it on, it went very candy-like on me. Applied wet, it smells much more authentic. I'm hoping that it will improve with age. I think there's a good chance.

Depending on your bottle, you will probably detect the scones underneath. I don't really get them in my bottle yet, but I do remember them clearly from the lab testers, and they were pretty spot on. Sweet, but a little dry.

Overall...pretty yummy. Not my favorite foody scent ever, but I think a lot of people will enjoy this.

Woot woot! My big box 'o Comic-Con goodies arrived today (thanks to my CC Angel, who's newly-enabled and a new forumite as well!).

In the bottle: Thick, sweet blackberry, with something very warm underneath. It smells a bit like blackberry Closet.

Wet: Okay, not Closet. The jam aspect comes forward here - it smells as if I've slathered fresh preserves on my arm.

Drydown: Why hello scones! So nice to smell you. The drier it gets, the prettier it is.

Dry: Oh wow. I've never wanted to drink a blend before, but this is almost edible. It's juicy and yeasty all at the same time. Beth's even managed to capture the sugar granules on top of the scone. I'll definitely be hanging on to this one, and picking up another.

The other WKAP I got, since I really love the lab's blackberry. More beries than jam on me, with just a hint of scone underneath. I need to test again after a few days of settling.

I get a really coarse grainy scone from this and it reminds me of the maple oat scones from Starbucks, but with vanilla frosting rather than the maple. For some reason, I am reminded of Blackberry incense as opposed to blackberry jam. I could be sitting on my porch eating a vanilla oat scone while blackberry incense wafts out of my house. I love this and it sticks around for hours.

Thank you fairy godmother for picking me up a bottle. :wub2:

This one is so realistic! It begins as sweet sticky blackberry preserves and then its followed by a blast of butter and a subtle hint of something baked. Just how a scone with a slathering of butter and blackberry jam would really smell. Brilliant!

It reminds me most of Eat Me, if I had to make a comparison. Mostly for the fact that currants and blackberry can be similar to my nose.

In the bottle I just get the blackberry jam scent, it's a nice blackberry jam, not overly sweet.

Wet: I still mostly get the jam scent with occasional wafts of the dry baked scones.

Dry: Hints of cinnamon and definitely more the dryness of the scone. The scent is pretty strong for me and I keep getting wafts of blackberry jam. Yummy!

This is a foody's dream-seriously. Omnomtacular.

Rich delicious blackberry jam and a buttery scones-someone mentioned the starbucks scones, and I can definitely see that. It is definitely similar to MB:Closet, but instead of the cocoa-y red velvet note, it's the buttery white crumbly scone note. The blackberry is definitely the dominant notes...it's probably 75/25 in terms of proportions. Basically, if you like the idea of blackberry jam and scones perfume, you should try to get a hold of this!

Yum! Blackberry Jam & Scones.

I was so excited to get this scent. A dear friend was able to pick me up a bottle at Comic Con. I'm a foody lover & I had to try this because I've been going nuts for blackberry scents lately.

On my skin, it's exactly that, blackberry jam & scone. More blackberry jam than anything with a touch of scone.

I love it!!!! :heart:

Oh & I wanted to add, it's a pretty strong scent & for some reason Bpal lingers on my skin all day, usually. This one is no different!

Edited by boxinghelena

As others have mentioned, this seems to have the MB: Closet blackberry note. So in the bottle, it's Closet blackberry, minus the cocoa, with an added bit of scone. On my skin, it's mostly sugared blackberries. Lovely blend for a foody-lover like me!!

In the bottle, this is very scone-y. I smell flaky baked yeast.

Wet, it is much more scone than jam on my skin. I tend to use a lot of jam when I eat scones, too...always want more, and it's true for this scent, too.

The drydown really morphs on me. The blackberry jam keeps appearing and disappearing. The scone warms up my skin, too.

This is very pretty, but on me (and my skin is weird)--not enough blackberry jam.

This was also very scone-y for me. More scone than blackberry. The jam does waft in and out making this a very lovely summer morning type of scent. Makes me long for a scone... :yum:

in the bottle blackberry jam and scones, check

wet on skin BUTTER! melted buttery butter with butter sauce. and a single stewed blackberry.

dry on skin thank goodness the butter dissipates. as it dries, it morphs from a dry sort of blackberry scent, very evocative of jam on a crumbly baked good to a candy-ish blackberry and finally to a oddly floury and sweet scent like the ghost of blackberry jam and scone. fun and an excellent recreation, but not terribly wearable for my taste.

WOW. At first, this is all blackberry jam....it has some sweetness, but also some of that tartness that I adore about blackberries. I can almost smell the stickiness, if that makes sense...sorry to mix sensory descriptions.

So after it dries, the scones start to make an appearance. The scone scent is perfect...crumbly, a bit doughy, and mild...not much sweetness at all. Just like real scones.

This is a lovely scent and I shall cherish my bottles!

Oh, and lots of staying power!

Scones. A fizzy baking powder note in the background. Flaky. Buttery but not cloyingly so. Very faint blackberries if I really look for them. Softer than I expected. An elegant foody.

Oh. my. goodness.

This is so YUMMY. :yum: Like gnaw-your-wrists-off-it-smells-so-good-yummy.

Wet on my skin, this is initially all blackberry jam. No scones at all. About midway through the drying process, I pick up the scones note, but by the time it dries fully, it's back to being all blackberry jam. And that is just fine with me.

I was fortunate to happen upon a bottle for sale on LJ last weekend and snagged it up. I will definitely be buying multiple bottles of this when it finally debuts on the postwartrade website, which will hopefully be soon!

Wet: In your face blackberry jam, and then suddenly there it is, the crumbly scone, hiding in the background.

Dry: Artificial berry, reminds me of a berry candle. Hrm...Will test again.

Wow. It's amazing how different the same scent can smell on different people. :lol: I do not get blackberry jam from this, nor are berries the dominant note. Instead, I get mostly scones, a dab of jam and incense. Nice, but I much prefer Monsterbait: Closet for my blackberry fix.

I was lucky enough to buy a bottle of this from the BPAL Marketplace and I'm so glad I did. This smells absolutely incredible! Thick, sugary gooey Blackberry jam almost with a tiny hint of musk (very tiny, but it's in there) with a slight hint of buttery scone underneath. Makes me HUNGRY! :P This is so gorgeous and a must try for foody lovers like me!!

So on wet, I definitely smell the buttery, sconey aspect of it. Positively flakey. As it dries, I get more of the blackberry coming out. It dries almost entirely to a blackberry jam on me, with that slight 'baked' quality to it, which in my mind cuts down on the sugar.

Pretty tasty.

At first, this was very blackberry.

Then, there was this huge blast of what I'm guessing is berry+scone -- it was actually really reminiscent of Floating Brain, sort of a cereal-ish smell, like Fruit Loops or Trix.

Ultimately, it settled down into something sweet and jam-like, but still perfume-y. It's not quite as foody as I expected, not terribly cake-y either, but it's really sweet and nice.

In the bottle: There's an overwhelming scent of buttery, buttery, BUTTERY scones.

Wet on wrist: On me, it becomes the same buttery scent of Monsterbait: Closet. It's very buttery scones, but I'm not getting any blackberry jam.

On the drydown: For the first hour, it was all that butter scent, but on hour two, I sniffed my arm, and the blackberry jam had come out to play. NOW it was buttery scones that definitely had some blackberries scooped ontop, or were baked into it... :)

I got several compliments that I smelled delicious while wearing this, so yay! For me, it's a keeper, though I don't think I'll stockpile.

If you like this, you're probably a fan of Monsterbait: Closet. It's less sweet by far, but at least on me, it smells like it's got a similar buttery component. A good companion scent, but not a twin. A cousin, perhaps. :)

When I initially tried this, I wasn't that impressed. It was mostly very dry scone with very sugary (and not very blackberry) jam. But it smelled nice enough in the bottle, so I put some in my scent locket, left for the day, and forgot about it. A little while later, as the heat kicked on in my car and I started to defrost and warm up, I began to smell something delicious and realized it was coming from the locket. Now it smelled like fresh baked scones with a tiny dollop of blackberry jam. Its a keeper! :yum:

Edited by TheIceMaiden

In the bottle this has a strong, sharp smell of blackberry with the faintest tinge of cat pee. I can smell the scones very faintly, it is a dry, sweet bready scent. On my skin, the scones deepen but the blackberry is still quite sharp. After some time it is a creamy, sweet bread scent but the blackberry remains that sharp, almost cat-pee note. I am going to let this settle, as it just arrived today. I have high hopes for it, as it is foodie without being too overbearing or sweet.

Wow, this scent is so overpowering at first. I think there might be a bit of currants in here because I amp that note like no other.... It is just a strong perfumey berry for the first ten minutes or so. After a bit, the scent softens up a bit and now I am getting more of the scone smell. It becomes a pleasant light foody scent.

Very nice!!

-Edit- The SO agrees! Though he only likes it after the scent is on the dry down.

Edited by Catseyes

Oh my--this is absolutely perfect.

Blackberry Jam and Scones. I get more blackberry jam in this, with a buttery bakery note in the background.

This is fantastic and I must never run out. :wub2:

ETA: It lasted all day!

Edited by Gale