Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
schackjj

PX68

In the Bottle: Alcoholic (gin?) and a wisp of smoke.

Wet: Same, with softer alcohol.

Drydown: The impression of alcohol goes away. Brimstone and smoke, softened by some sweetness and possibly a dash of...orange? The longer this wears, the more I like it :P Not a lot of throw, though.

PX68 - I can't say I smell the alcohol note that schackjj gets from this blend. On me, it opens up as a soft, resinous wood scent. It would fit in quite well with the Egyptian-themed prototypes. After it dries, I do smell the orange, but it's dark and deep and blends gorgeously with the resins and woods. It's a soft, subtle scent and quite lovely.

This is mostly orange on me ... it's actually more like orange blossom than the fruit of the orange itself. There's a smooth, wood-like backdrop to it as well. The orange/orange blossom is the top note and the soft, smooth woods are the base notes. All over, it's well-blended and smooth.

I sniffed this at the Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Sweet. Possibly slightly woody?

I'm getting florals and oranges that are similar to "Florida Water", some sandalwood, a linen note (similar to the one in Antique Lace), resins, and some smokiness too. As it dries it's starts slightly powdery on me.

PX68 reminds me of an old-fashioned perfume. It's a bit too strong for me but a very well-blended fragrance.

This one has the same orange note as Orange Phoenix. It's a super blast of orange on wet, but fades quickly. I am left with a slight orange blossom note, sandalwood (with slight powderiness), resins. It's a warm, sensual blend. I can see it fitting in well with the Shungas.

Oddly, this doesn't smell orangey on me (boo skin chemistry) :/. I get mostly a creamy, powdery woods note that smells the way bpal's white sandalwood usually does on my skin, and a hint of smoky incense. There's a little bit of a perfumey white floral quality underneath the powdery woods. It's not bad, but not something I feel the need to track down more of either.

I'm getting some booze as schackjj did on first application, but it seems to burn off quickly. I'm left with oranges and sandalwood. It's a little more sharp than I was hoping, but it softens considerably as it dries.

Testing as I write...

In the bottle: This smells delicious! Like orange and the smell of wet grass/plants (no dirt), slightly sharp. I'd describe it as green and orange (literally).

Wet on skin: Instantly get a big hit of sandalwood along with a touch of fresh orange/orange blossom. After a few minutes, some woods come out and begin to blend with orange and orange blossom in a way I would describe as creamy. Notes are definitely blending when at first they were somewhat dissonant.

Now we wait.

Orange blends to almost imperceptible but still affects, maybe giving a bit of sweetness to the wood. Still creamy woods with a hint of faint orange after 10 minutes.

Orange comes back out. Favorite so far. More of a rind of orange and incensey spicy sandalwood. Not a strong incense smell, but definitely there, which I love even if subdued. At 15 minutes.

Less orange more distinct woods and sandalwood at 20.

Stays soft woods and sandalwood at 30.

Has faded a lot in an hour, skin scent... mostly just smell soft woods, sandalwood has been absorbed mostly, just an undertone remains.

I like it, just wish the orange impression lasted longer. Will just have to reapply more often. Keeper. 3.5/5.