Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
schackjj

Aphrodite v3

In the Bottle: Musk and floral?

Wet: About the same.

Drydown: Unfortunately, this goes straight to soap on me. I can't ID the floral(s), but I can strike off a few. It's not rose, gardenia, jasmine, heliotrope, lotus, or carnation (the ones I love and detest :D ).

Aphrodite v3 - this is a pretty, romantic floral. I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out which florals -- white rose and some sort of soft lily (calla?), perhaps? It quickly turns into a soapy floral (which on my skin usually indicates the presence of sweet pea or apple blossom) and stays that way until the end. It lasts on me for about 6-7 hours, but after the first hour it sticks very close to the skin ... Which is good, because that soapiness is kind of weird. Edited by edenssixthday

I got to sniff this at Jo's today. I didn't test it though, because the smell in the bottle didn't appeal to me. I agree though, that it's a floral of some sort. I'm just not a floral sort of person.

OK - a wonderful lady (or ladies?) picked this out for me. They smelled honey in the bottle & figured that's GC!

In the bottle, it's a sweet floral, an undertone of maybe beeswax that is vaguely honeyish...

on the skin, yes, it's a bit soapy - frothy if that makes sense - and perhaps it is the sweet pea that's turning it for me too.

hm - interesting, we'll see if it's a keeper though.

Interestingly enough, I don't find this blend to be soapy in the least. It is a musky floral that gains a spice edge after it dries down. I think I am in love.

Super headache-inducing perfumey floral with strong chemical tones. This was awful from the wand, and I didn't test it.

Comparing the Aphrodite protos, this one is a bit sweeter and doesn't have any green notes that I can pick out. I can't exactly pick out honey as a note, but the perfumey florals have a delicate sweetness to them.

I'm not good with floral notes, but this smells musky, perfumey, and a touch sweet, and it goes slightly soapy in the drydown (but not as soapy as v4 or v7; v3 is more 'clean' rather than outright soap on me). I don't care for perfumey or soapy florals, so none of the Aphrodite protos so far have worked for me.

I think this has honey, calla lily and gardenia. I get the same wet wool note as BPAL gardenia tends to become. Floral, feminine, heady.

A light, sweet white floral. Smells a lot like Gardenia to me, but it could be a relative...maybe something Hawaiian? I am liking this more than I thought it would, it doesn't have the sharp green-ness to it that v7 has.