Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
schackjj

PW141

In the Bottle: Dusty, "quiet," very faintly sour

Wet: REALLY sour and not citrusy sour. This usually means floral (to my nose, florals = sour). That's all I'm getting.

Drydown: Headachingly floral. This has to be one of the evil stepsisters, Jasmine or Gardenia. Whatever else is in here is being stomped flat by the floral notes. I went to the p.o. and the counter lady commented that someone smelled really good (I think she meant me, though I disagreed). This stuff has serious throw :thud:

Three hours in, it's tamed way down, the florals have almost vanished, some kind of citrus has appeared, and this scent sparkles! Who'da thunk it? :D

No notes and only one review on the forum, aiee. Well, this review probably will not help many people as PW141 is definitely a floral blend and I am horrible at picking out florals.

I actually agree with schackjj, this does smell sour in the imp. I don't usually get sourness from florals -- more of a sharpness or soapiness -- so I think maybe there is something else in the mix causing that, at least for me. Even wet there is no better word for this than "sour." Maybe white florals as well?

As it dries, PW141 becomes STRONGLY floral on my skin. Smells like soapy white flowers to me, with a kick of hairspray. If there's a stage beyond this, I'll never know, because I need to wash it off before I get a headache.

Like karen, I'm not that good with florals, and this is definitely floral - but there's a sweetness, a bubblegummy hint that makes me suspect lotus, that really lightens the scent, making it playful and a little pink and girlish. Like schackjj said, it has an odd sparkle - like a flash of glittery nail polish on the least likely person.

Alas, on me the pink/sparkly phase is short-lived, and I start to get the hairspray kick karen mentioned. Boo!

it's weird, but i get a little bit of musk in this. i sniffed it and immediately thought "sleepy moon but with kick!" more like something to wake you up than put you to sleep.then i get a little bit of the sourness that everyone has mentioned, but it fades into my skin really quick. not hating the scent, but not sure i'll reach for it on any occasion. too bad, it's kind of spunky!

Sniffed: Bright dark yellow oil. Something sharply chemical and something citrus, as well as maybe some greenery? Quite bitter.

Wet: Still extremely bitter and acrid. But the citrus is a little juicier - it could be some of that very bitter evil grapefruit from Nyalarthotep, maybe? Also some neroli and orange blossom, I think.

Dry: This stuff is SO INSANELY STRONG. It smells very lushly tropical now, with some frangipani! I love frangipani, but the neroli here is not behaving, nor is the evil grapefruit. It's just so bitter, and even sniffing it leaves a bad taste in my mouth somehow. Sink!

:ack:

Oh god, this is like a chemical nuclear meltdown on me. It's very similar to Pollution in my mind, except more 'limey' and more 'citrusy' than Pollution. But it's got that same chemical/manly cologne fume on it.

Insane throw.

It actually makes me a little queasy.

Wet: Luscious tropical flowers- very heady and strong. Jasmine, maybe?

Dry: First turns to generic men's cologne... and then gets that icky chemical edge that reminds me of hairspray in an aerosol can.

Too bad, because I really liked it at first.

This is my least favorite type of scent (a sharp, chemical-y floral). I get a chemical sharpness that reminds me of cheap, metallic hairspray (which is what opium poppy usually does on my skin) and the drydown is like a mishmash of soapy, sharp, perfumey white florals. Strong, sharp, fakey floral notes. Bleh. I had to scrub this one off, because it was giving me such a bad headache.

Uh...this smells straight up like cherry chapstick. The same weird chemical cherry/menthol/waxy smell. Incidentally, I happen to like the smell of cherry chapstick, but I don't think I want to smell like it.

It smells like mildew in the imp. On, it smells like understated floral, something unsettling (it's sort of incensey--very light and not exactly nice, but interesting). I don't think this is me, but it's definitely different

So...I didn't check this review board. I decided to try some protypes blindly, and this is one of them. After reading the above reviews, I'm scared to open the bottle. But here I go...

Bottle: Hmmm...bright green, maybe citrus, and floral...no sourness...

Wet: bright and floral; I'm no good with flowers, but i want to say more tropical than garden variety white florals...

Dry: um, still just bright and floral. Not sour. Zingy, like Miracle Whip florals...it's not as gross as I thought it would be (I really hate florals) but it's not a love for me either...

From the vial, peppery cologne, sharp and nose biting. Cologne amps like crazy once on, quite sharp and unpleasant. As it dries, the insanely amping cologne begins to turn into insanely amping perfumey florals, and this goes from awful to awful + headache. Washing this one off.

Wet: light melon, something buttery, a little floral

Dry: like standing near a flower bed on a farm, the flowers are closer but in the background there is animals and dirt

It has almost no throw, which is good because I'm not a big fan of farms.