In works of labour or of skill,
I would be busy too;
For Satan finds some mischief still
For idle hands to do.

In books, or work, or healthful play,
Let my first years be passed,
That I may give for every day
Some good account at last.

Pollen-dusted honey, diligent tonka, steadfast chamomile, and goodly hyssop.

Mocked by How Doth the Little Crocodile.

imp: wow, honeyed chamomile, this smells like sweetened chamomile tea.

wet: the tonka appears and makes this sweet, creamy scent that really reminds me of herbal tea, this is extraordinarily relaxing. not getting any hyssop yet.

dry: the chamomile fades after a bit, so this remains a honeyed tonka scent, really sweet and feminine.

In bottle: The chamomile and hissop give it a wholesome herbal affect. It is warm and summery in an outdoors sort of way. It’s definitely feminine. Wet: Really nice shampoo. Dry: Mostly honey.

In the imp: very sharp honey

Wet on wrist: I get a burst of chamomile and then it's all honeyhoneyhoneyhoney....honey!

On the drydown: It's settled to a warm cup of chamomile with spoonful after spoonful of honey in it. It's very sweet, very feminine, and quite clean in the just-washed-my-hair sort of way, yanno? I don't know if I'll purchase a bottle, but I'll definitely use the imp now and again. I think I like drinking sweet (well, slightly less sweet than this) chamomile better than wearing it all the time, but I can see myself reaching for this if I'm feeling under the weather. :)

I held off reviewing this yesterday cause my arms were too full of other awesome MTP scents :)

But this really deserves high praise and accolades too. Starts out Herbal with a touch of the sweet and drys down to that Honey note so many BPAL'ers love.

This is the sort of scent I would wear after a long day gardening in the hot sun, after washing off and just before taking a nap. Might even be a good sleep scent.

Wet in imp - Chamomile Tea, warm and fresh.

Wet on skin - Spilt chamomile tea. lol

Dry - I got it because I've had lots of success with other Tonka blends on my skin. I'm just a huge fan. Honey is also beautiful, no weird amping or sourness or anything for me. Chamomile is chamomile, what can I say. And I've not a clue what hyssop is. But, I think it's this sort of tarter green note. Very fresh, herbal, and lovely. It does kind of get a shampoo-smell, but it's like herbal essence in the 90s, or something. A clean scent, but not "soapy". It's very warm, sweet in a dusted flower kind of way. The combination of all these notes is really unique.

Tonka's light spice and sweetness kind of blends with the honey, and sort of puts a perk in Chamomile's step. Hyssop, maybe (cause Ive not much of a clue here) is adding the more herbal soapyish note (In an amazingly good way o_O.). Combined it fits the description. It feels very strong, diligent, almost... pure in a way. Mm. The dryer it gets, the more beautiful it gets.

Yes, this is a winner for me. A nice soft note. The throw is lovely, but borders on overpowering. A little goes a long way, as this scent blooms slowly. But the notes that throw are warm and soft, so you kind of radiate warmth. Lasting power. Honey and Tonka always last until well past morning of the next day for me, so this is truly a dedicated oil ^^

It's not a scent I'll rave about. Nothing you know, amazing, unique, or wonky about it. It's not quirky, it's simple, spelled out, but yet one of those staples I feel I may come back to on bad days, just when I need to know something will do what it should.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

Inside the imp, honeyed chamomile.

Wet on the skin, honeyed creamy chamomile.

Dries down to a vanilla chamomile on my skin.

Not much throw and fades fairly fast on my skin.

I'm surprised there's not much love going around for this blend.

The pollen and tonka create a really smooth, creamy blend that's bright and fresh. The honey stays in the background adding a touch of depth, but never overwhelms the other notes. Smells like being in a garden, I love it and need a bottle ASAP.

Rating 4.5 out of 5.

Gah!!!

This is lovely!!!

This starts out a bit sharp but then turns progressively sweeter as the honey and hyssop take over. It melds with my chemistry to become a sweet, perfect herbal honey that doesn't turn strange toward the drydown like many other honey scents do. This stayed true through 8 hours of work and counting!!! This is the surprise hit out of my Wonderland imps and I'm so glad I tried it :wub2:

Well, I dunno what's wrong with me on this. I get BABY POWDER. Nothing else. No honey, nothing sweet, nothing I even LIKE. I'm so disappointed. :eek:

Oddly, this smells like the recently discontinued Tiger Lily. It's nearly identical on me. Fresh, pretty and feminine with that sunny-honey-floral characteristic. If you loved Tiger Lily, you should try an imp of Idleness and Mischief and see if it mimics it. I get lots of honey, not too sweet or powdery and a tinge of chamomile tea and flowers.

Edit:

Oops, I'd said Lobster and meant to say Idleness and Mischief. Fixed now.

Edited by HappyLoveJoy

It was a little sharper when it was wet, but, as it dries it becomes a smooth herby honey scent. It's closer to a chamomile honey than a chamomile tea with honey in it, but, smoother...and there's no beeswax listed but I seem to smell it anyway? Maybe it's the tonka.

In the imp: Sweet and dusty honey. I dunno how she does it :thud:

Wet: Ohhhhh boy...instant love :wub2: This is honey with herbal tea. The background is a nice, dusty musk. This is sweet and summery. If you love the Labs honey note, you really need to try this.

Dry: This dries down to a clean and balmy honey scent. There's a sort of dusty, musky feel about this as well...it's very light, sweet and absolutely gorgeous!

Overall: Mad Tea Party is my favorite GC section and so far, I'm REALLY loving all of the new scents from the July update. So far, Against Idleness and Mischief is my favorite. This is something I can see myself wearing on a daily basis. It's gentle enough for the office and would probably be great for layering as well. I just love this stuff. I'll certainly be picking up a 5ml bottle of this. :wub2: Another fine example of Beths talent.

Edited by Monster

Mmmmm honey honey honey. I love honey. In the imp, I smell HONEY and vanilla/tonka and something kind of bright. I have no idea what that is, maybe it's the chamomile that feels "bright" given the other sweet, heavy-feeling ingredients.

On me, it's exactly what the notes say it should be, in that order. Except I can't find the hyssop (I've read the scent of hyssop is "camphor-like") which is probably a plus.

I really like this one, but then I am a honey freak. If for some reason I am not able to get more of Arcana's Queen Crossbones after I run out of my bottle, this would be a good replacement. It's not the same scent but Idleness is awesomely honey-heavy just like QC is. It doesn't have quite the same amount of throw as QC but it does stick around for a while, hurrah! I'm a fan.

I almost let the chamomile scare me off of Against Idleness and Mischief, and I'm glad I didn't. Honey can go either way, too, but this goes the good way. This is good, sweet, golden honey. It's almost Honey SN, but instead of going sharp like Honey SN did, this is tempered by the hyssop and tonka and stays sweet and light. Beautiful!

This is honey and vanilla all the way with a bit of...something...lighter and fresher to keep it from being all O-like. It smells a LOT like Pink Phoenix to me, although it's much heavier and less girly than PP. Yummy, should age well, should be tried by all vanilla/honey lovers!

In the imp: Pollen-y honey and something oddly astringent.

On wet: Chamomile, a smidge of sweetness - but it's SO light! I can barely smell anything, and I slathered my wrist up good! I hope it intensifies as it dries down... :(

Drydown: Still pretty faint, which gives me massive sadface 'cause I not only LOVE chamomile, but have wanted a honeyed-cham scent *forever*. What I *am* able to smell, however, is exactly that - gentle, bee-kissed chamomile. It's sweet, delicately herbal, and makes me feel clean, cozy and safe. Not getting any tonka or hyssop specifically, but I'm sure they're lending themselves to sweetening things up and grounding everything. And I agree with some of the previous posters - the further this dries, the more it smells like O without the amber.

Overall: I'm hoping this scent will get more intense as it ages - especially the chamomile. Other than that, I quite like it! It's soft, sweet, and comforting. I will definitely be grabbing a bottle if my imp ages the way I'm hoping it will. 4/5 :D

This is one sultry scent! I get the same honey body musk in this blend as in Sed Non Satiata. It's pleasant but too sexy for everyday wear, not one for work hey.

Doesn't morph much either, just that hazy honey scent all the way. It's a keeper.

Ok, I swear I'm not crazy but this is very reminiscent on my skin to La Fee Verte!!! The hyssop and chamomile add that herbal tinge while the tonka lends a vanillic undertone to the honey. It's stunning, and beautiful. Very light and warm. I really really like this!!

Not very crazy about this either - the words "honey soap" seem particularly evocative. There is a slight vanilla undertone (perhaps the tonka), but a slight herby powderiness that I can't get past. Ah well.

I like this! It has a good throw and lasts at least 5 hours (forgot to keep checking after that). It smells like nice honey with a slightly bitter after-smell. I even like it more than O because it's less edible smelling.

In the bottle - A bright medicinal honey, similar to Nokturne Alchemy's Bedouin Honey Tea.

Wet on me - A really lovely, dry honey

Dry on me - A lovely warm, slight dry, slightly medicinal honey

Overall - A blend with no pretenses or foils, it is what it is and I like it

This is love at first sniff :wub2: !! It`s herbal honey kept fresh by the chamomile, one of the very few floral notes I enjoy. It doesn`t seem to morph a lot but I find it simplicity a key to win honey lovers` hearts. Did I write I love it totally?

:lovestruck:

Not sure what I think about this one. In the imp it's a beautiful sweet, slightly herbal honey scent, but once on my skin it becomes super sweet and very green smelling. Ew. Luckily that doesn't last long. The green note quickly fades and the chamomile comes out and blends with the honey nicely. There is a slightly powdery feel to it, but it's not a bad thing.

I'm still not sure though. There is something in this I'm not sure I like, and I can't figure out what it is. It just smells...off.

I'll hold onto the imp and try it again, but I have a feeling it will probably end up going to a new home.

In the imp, this smells like a soft, slightly herbal-earthy honey. It's a gentle, golden sweetness.

On my skin, the honey amps up and freaks out, as it often does on my skin. It instantly becomes cloying, sickly sweet honey with a sharp, almost green grass smell in the background. Thankfully, Against Idleness calms down a lot after about fifteen minutes. This dries down into a soft honeyed vanilla powder with a hint of freshly cut lawn (I'm not sure what note is doing that on my skin, but it's a fresh, slightly green smell).

Surprisingly, I'll probably keep my imp of this. I like the gentle, slightly powdery drydown a lot.