Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

High-Strung Daisies

Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

This smells like gobs of chewed up Double Bubble, spicy fake carnation, strong pink pepper, and lots of waxy plastic.

There is a slight "fondant" scent to this, but I'm not getting as much sweetness as others are in the thread--my body tends to amp any amber/powder/honey notes so that almost all scents have a sweetly powdery drydown. This is a delightful scent. It's one of the more "commercial" scents that I've worn by BPAL (others include Pa Pow and Peony Moon) with a warmth and sweetness to it with no spiky edges or odd notes.

For me, the pink pepper and carnation notes perfectly balance the sugary notes. Great for summer. Love it!

Agh, somewhere along the line carnation stopped working for me. Once it dries it turns powderly licorice on me, on almost any scent where it's a note.

I was pleased to be sent this sample, not having tried a daisy note before, even though I'm not much for peppers in fragrance.

High-Strung Daisies smells sweetly springtime when it first meets my skin -- a golden and pink floral with a little sugar and pink pepper. The blend evokes sunshine and flowers in April; it's lovely. The pink pepper doesn't overwhelm here, and it blends seamlessly into the spicy pink carnation. The daisies smell like playful sun rays.

Sadly, they don't last. Within a few minutes, the daisies and most of the sugar have melted away, leaving a pink-peppered carnation skin scent.

If Daisies continued as it began, I'd bottle it.

Oh dear. The most alarming top notes of bubblegum to my nose. It does mellow on drydown, but I'm still left with cavity-sweet carnations and a gooey, sticky, cottony bubblegum. Not for me.

ETA where I'd wear this: Princess birthday parties with a bouncy-castle

Edited by gloame

Imp: happy and 'pink' sweet but not sugar sweet
Wet On Me: Happy, pink-y and a sweet fruity vibe
Drying Down: ahhh there is the daisy! but still 'pink' and sweet and happy!
Dry: this is a sweet lil happy happy scent. there is a high energy vibe with the happy and this sweet lil 'pink' vibe as well!

I will never call lotus bubblegum again; this is bubblegum. It's an exact dupe for Dubble Bubble when you unwrap it and are getting ready to pop it in your mouth. It even has that slightly powdery overtone! I actually don't hate it but despite being a gourmand lover I'm not sure I want to literally smell like candy.

In the imp: pink sugar.

Wet: carnation and sugar. Kind of fluffy.

Dry: It's carnation cotton candy. It's so fluffy and pink and gorgeous. There's a dusting pink pepper which comes off as rosy to me, not spicy.

I'm in love and desperately need a bottle.

Wet: I had high hopes for a sugared carnation scent with some daisy and pepper to jazz it up, but what I am getting smells a bit like Bazooka Joe's. It's not at all unpleasant though, in fact, it's rather charming. Girly, sweet, totally pink. It's getting better as it dries.

Dry: Ultimately this is too pink and sickly sweet for me but I can appreciate that it would be lovely on the right person.

Floral scents tend not to work on me but it was worth a try!

Wet: Sugary floral soap

On: Still soapy, but a bit of warmth in the back of the nose (pepper apparently).

Drydown: Hmm like bubblegum now that's interesting. Definitely not for me but might make a nice girly scent :)

Very much bubblegum with a dash of spice and a hint of plastic. Slightly soapy. Not the worst, but not my favourite either. Would definitely choose Jailbait over this if I was in a particularly bubblegummy mood.

Edited by h_yeti

flowers, pink sugar, and pepper!!! in the bottle. goes on as a fruity, silly kind of shower gel. my kiddo would LOVE this in the shower. Continues with a fluffy sort of fruit note, but still shower gel. The fluffiness increases until it finally gets to be too much for me. Powdery bubble gum is a good descriptor.

This is absolutely the lab's sugar note, the same one from Gobo, Lavender Gingerbread, Beware Pickpockets!, and likely many more.

The blend starts on me with a blast of Daisy and Pink Peppercorn, that tones down into a sugared daisy, with a hint of the peppercorn I love. 

There might be carnation in here too, but I'm unfamilliar with the smell.

A few hours later it's sweet and vaguely floral, with the faint remnants of the pink pepper wafting through.

It's as if someone has made daisy infused sugar syrup, it's not so overly floral that it knocks me or my sinus's out. 

Absolute Keeper! Woot Woot!

Wet: Sweet daisies with a dash of pink pepper! A very "pink" scent. A lot of people have describe a bubblegum-like scent, but I'm not getting any of that.

Dry: Sweet, sugary daisies. I can't find the pink pepper anymore, but at least I'm left with a nice sweet daisy scent.

I like this! I don't think I'd reach for it enough to need a bottle, but I'll keep my imp!

Oh my god, it’s Lush Potion lotion, but better! I was scared to try this because of the bubblegum comments I’d read, but I only get any bubblegum if I really focus on it and squint my nose lol, and it’s only in the wet stages. It’s warm, sweet, creamy, spicy carnation goodness! Very happy, pink and comforting! In these times anything that makes me feel calm and happy quickly is an instant necessity. Bottle, STAT!

In the vial and wet on the skin, this SCREAMS bubblegum.  The pinkest, bubblegummiest bubblegum ever.  I thought lotus smelled like bubblegum, but wet High-Strung Daisies is the ULTIMATE bubblegum.

Though it retains a slight sweetness after drying, the peppercorn really jumps out to make this...  Strangely savory-foodie.  Maybe my skin amps peppercorns?  I swear I've eaten barbecued turkey that smelled exactly like this.  It remains barbecued turkey for several hours with no changes.

This was worth trying if only because of how absolutely bizarre it turned out on my skin.  Lasts quite a long time too, but I don't know how long or how often I want to smell like 🦃

Received as an aged imp.

In vial: there's a bit of spice you usually get with most green scents, but it's toned down with creaminess.

On skin, wet: this is baby soft, sweet, and a little floral.

Dry on skin: The sugar is apparent, and the carnation gives just a tiny bit of spice.  I get vanilla now--the most mellow gourmand leaning floral.  It has zero throw on me; I gotta get my nose right on the skin to sort out what's going on.  

This was a frimp from the lab with my last order. Its not something I'd really pick for myself but I must say, I love it!

Its not the most complex, beautiful perfume. But its fun! I chose it today for work and really find it uplifting. Its definitely a "pink" scent. I get all of the notes in this but they are very well blended.  Its sweet without being cloyingingly sweet, and I can see people that aren't floral fans still enjoying this. Up close its actually pretty faint once it dries down, however, its one of those scents that is still somehow wafting around me and I get these little glorious whiffs now and again.

I would love to have this in a bottle and highly recommend when you just want to wear something sweet and fun.

Edited by ziggystardust13

It's always funny to retest a scent you know you tried but didn't care for at the time and didn't leave a review for either.

When testing HSD now, it's interesting that I like it more than I think I would have.

It smells like a meadow fresh on: White flowers on wet grass.

Only when the oil dries down, the scent becomes pinker and sweeter with the carnation peaking out.

This is neither bubblegum nor plastic on me - it actually reminds me of going into a flower shop and perusing the section with the blush, orange and pink specimen.

After a while, it becomes a bit sickly sweet, and the green grass clashes with the pink sugar in the blend - as if green and blush were to melt into each other, and I can foresee the danger of this turning into a murky brown? There is a sourness that reminds me of flower stems that doesn't go super well with the sugar note for me.

This stays a bit sharp and sour on me, weirdly enough.

The fresh scent I would have loved to keep, but this isn't nice at all.

This is a warm snugly spicy scent. I know there are carnations in there, but my nose registers the entire scent as a creamy sweet mild clove with sandalwood notes. The daisies are missing in action.

I'm getting the opposite of warm and spicy like a couple reviewers said above. To me this is a screechy pink floral and candy scent, really high-strung, and I think best for a young girl or teen. It's a cute silly scent! 

Soft and sweet. A feminine spring scent. Cutesy floral with cotton candy. Not unpleasant, but not what I gravitate toward. Passing this imp of unknown age on to someone else. Something in this makes me think of artificial flavors in the late 90s/early 2000s. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's kind of like Lolita, but better. At this point, I have not looked at the listed notes, and am blind-reviewing in a way. This strikes me as a spring- time, Easter scent. It's not for me, but it is pleasant.

Edit: Daisies and sugar? Yep, definitely early naughts.

Edited by skyturtles

Something in this makes me think of artificial flavors in the late 90s/early 2000s. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's sweet and floral, kind of like Lolita, but better. At this point, I have not looked at the listed notes, and am blind-reviewing in a way. This strikes me as a spring- time, Easter scent. It's not for me, but it is pleasant.

Edit: Daisies and sugar? Yep, definitely early naughts.