Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

High-Strung Daisies

`It says "Bough-wough!" cried a Daisy: `that's why its branches are called boughs!'

`Didn't you know that?' cried another Daisy, and here they all began shouting together, till the air seemed quite full of little shrill voices. `Silence, every one of you!' cried the Tiger-lily, waving itself passionately from side to side, and trembling with excitement. `They know I can't get at them!' it panted, bending its quivering head towards Alice, `or they wouldn't dare to do it!'

`Never mind!' Alice said in a soothing tone, and stooping down to the daisies, who were just beginning again, she whispered, `If you don't hold your tongues, I'll pick you!'

There was silence in a moment, and several of the pink daisies turned white.

`That's right!' said the Tiger-lily. `The daisies are worst of all. When one speaks, they all begin together, and it's enough to make one wither to hear the way they go on!'

Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

This is a very lovely scent! This starts off sugared daisies but gets less sweet as it dries. The carnation is lurking somewhere in the background behind the daisies. The throw seems to be on the lighter side. This is a very pretty, light-hearted floral that will be wonderful for spring and summer. Edited by TheIceMaiden

This actually smells A LOT like the BPAL aniversary secnt we just had that was Alice themed. It carried that sweet gum like smell to it. If Dorian was spilt on bublegum then this is what it would smell like. I know thats not a very beutiful depicion but thats what it reminds me of :) This realy is perfect for summer.

imp: sugary flowers.

wet: this does have a slight agapē feel to it, must be the carnation, but less fruity.

dry: yep, even dry this smells somewhat like agapē, it's sweet and rich without being cloying.

In bottle/imp: This smells of candy… flower flavored candy. Specifically, carnation Smarties.

Immediately on skin: This is a sweet, slightly powdery floral blend that’s just on the border of smelling like floral bubble gum. The carnation and daisy are very sugary and as I sniff, I get a little green stem at the end. I don’t really get any of the pepper out of this.

After a little while: This smells basically the same, minus the stem note. Now, it’s all powdery, fruity, sugary carnation and daisies.

Overall Impressions: For those of you that love Hope and Faith, TRY THIS. It’s in the same family as those two, just with a different floral tone. It’s a sugary, fruity floral scent and quite girly. Unfortunately I get no pink pepper however. So if you are thinking of buying a bottle of this just for that note, I recommend that you get an imp instead to make sure you like it.

Imp: Tropical bubble gum. Specifically, the yellow-orange 5 flavor

Wet: Sugar! Super cute, for a scent.

Drydown: Light and sweet. Bubblegummy carnation that sits really gently on the skin.

Overall: LOVE. It's sweet and gentle with some of my all time favorite notes. The pink pepper never made it's appearance, but experience tells me that it's a subtle note on me anyway. Frankly, this smells pink and that wins

Sniffed: Colourless or near colourless oil. Sweet, fresh,almost fruity - I totally get the bubblegum! It reminds me of Juicy Fruit *exactly*, not Bubbalicious. It's distinct from lotus. Sugar, sort of pink and honeyed (reminds me of Pink Moon 05) and fresh, almost green daisy. A little velvety carnation, but I'm not getting the pink pepper.

Wet: Much less Juicy Fruit, more floral, but still in a soft, delicate, girly sort of way. These are not bold florals. It reminds me of Pink Moon (both years) now, and I get a bit of kick from the pink pepper, distantly - it's really lovely, and I often find pink pepper too strong and even verging on soapy. It's just perfect here. I get even more of a honey feel and in fact would bet on it being a note.

Dry: The carnation is amping and has a slightly spicy edge - it's just gorgeous! The daisy is amping also, and has a bit of an edge - it's almost jasmine like, a little sharp and acrid - but I can handle it. The honeyed pink sugar base is just DIVINE. Sadly, pink pepper has indeed gone a tad soapy, but it's still faint.

Summary: Fruit and juicy, almost citrusy, or like some tropical fruit? Guava maybe? The pink pepper is erl well behaved and gives this a slightly clean feel, while the daisy has settled into a bright but not piercing floral, and the carnation is like the one in Maiden v2, slightly spicy and oh so velvety. Awesome pink sugar/honey holds very well. Decent throw. The spicy edge of the carnation blends with the kick of the pink pepper seamlessly.

Bottle for sure!

I must be crazy, because I don't like florals and I ordered this. Carnation seems to be the great exception to that rule, and i love sugar and pink pepper, so... I risked it.

Lucky me, this is a GREAT blend. Gently sweet with a spicy kick. The sugar lends a slightly fruity feeling. I love it! It smells PINK and happy and awesome.

If rock candy came in carnation flavor, this would be it! It's definitely a clean, sparkly sugar note, as opposed to the caramel-y sugar in Sugar Skull. It's not terribly floral on me, I get mostly the sugar with a little carnation. And it just smells...pink. Seriously! It's definitely going to be a bottle-buy! :wub2:

Sniffing the imp, candied flowers.

Wet on the skin, sugary daisies & carnations. I'm also getting the bubblegum-feel of this scent.

Dries down to candied carnations. Very much reminds me of Pink Moon.

I'd buy a bottle but I already own both Pink Moons, but this is nice GC substitute for those LE bottles.

A previous reviewer said High-Strung Daisies is in the same family as Hope and Faith, and my nose agrees. It seems a lot sweeter than the twins do to me, though. I think it might just be the way my brain reacts to one of the floral notes.

First whiff in the imp brought Bubble Yum to mind. Like a cross between the watermelon and original flavors. Wet on my skin, it's mostly the same, but as it dries, the florals start to pop. It's still SUPER sweet, but it's got a pink-and-yellow floral thing going on as well. I'm not sure what a daisy note smells like, and I've only smelled carnation in combo with other notes, so it's hard for me to tell which floral is more dominant.

Pepper usually amps on my skin, but I can't smell any in Daisies.

Dry, the oil is still almost bubble-gum sweet. The bright florals don't exactly balance the sweetness, but they're there. I don't think I like the smell of daisies. Or maybe I prefer my carnation with a dash of spice (like Lush's Potion scent). Whatever the case, this isn't the oil for me. Even if I liked whichever floral I'm not enjoying, it's too sweet and innocent for my tastes.

This scent is GREAT! It's a light sugar carnation type scent. It reminds me a little of Pink Moon from 05 (is that right) want a bottle now for sure. My imp will be used up this week!

Of all the new MTP scents, High-Strung Daisies is the one I had highest hopes for, and the one that ended up my biggest disappointment...

because on me this is Juicy Fruit gum and bandaids. :cry2:

Light, sweet, and cheerful. On me, it's mostly a light dusting of sugar over cheerfull flowers, with just enough pepper to make it slightly energetic.

I'm hoping that the carnation is more noticable as it ages, but, even if it stays just as it is, I love it. I actually have some hope that this will be a scent my husband will like. He's so very picky, and he doesn't tend to like my resins or woods.

High-Strung Daisies sounded so good! So good, in fact, that I ignored the mention of pink pepper. Pink pepper and I do not get along. What the hell, pink pepper? You're pepper, which I like, and *pink* which sounds like a recipe for win. Instead, you smell like a jasmine diaper. I'm sorry, but you do, and I've now decided you were the one that ruined Mi-Go for me, too, since High-Strung Daisies smells a lot like Brain Canister on me. Underneath the unpleasant pink pepper, I can smell lovely sugary carnations (a la Pink Moon 2007) but the pepper won't let them come through. :cry2:

:rasp: pink pepper.

In the imp:Bright, sweet, girly flowers. Sparkly, sugary and pink. I can't wait to put it on!

Wet on skin: Fresh, girly, innocent. A pretty spring/summer scent. It's somehow juicy even though it's not fruity at all.

Drydown: A fresh waterfall tumbling over cotton candy. Creamy, sugary and glowing. Something is giving off a hint of chemicals, but it's fleeting.

Overall: I love it. It's full of sugary goodness. It has an almost narcotic feel to it, addicting.

This is what I imagine sugared flowers must smell like on a wedding cake. It really does smell like a daisy that has been dipped into sugar. The carnation is there....but no overpowering. But the daisy (natural daisies are bitter smelling to me) is strong and present. On the dry down with the pink pepper...this smells like it has a hint of melon in it somewhere. :blink: Not so much of a fan as I thought I would be and therefore I will send this off to a better home.

Sweet, very sweet, like sugared flowers--and it does remind me of Hope and Faith! A very pink scent to my nose, bright and happy--might be a little young for me for daily wear, but something I'd put on if I'm feeling girly and wearing a pink dress. Not as much pink pepper as I wanted, actually; I like pepper blends, and here it's kind of overwhelmed by the sweetness.

So far all the new Tea Party scents have been just fabulous, though my wallet might disagree. :D

I am in LOVE! :wub2:

There's a strong Alice base note - some milk and tea on dry down that probably connects all the blends in Mad Tea Party together thematically. And the sweet sugar note is just awesome - it probably appears in other blends, but it smells completely one of a kind to me. The daisies are not themselves strong (daisies not being known for having much of a fragrance in gardens, either), but there is a faint floral in the blend too.

I absolutely love this. It is the perfect depiction of what "High Strung Daisies" would be like, it's divine, it has awesome throw, and it makes me blissfully happy!!!!

Many, many bottles in my future. This is an instant favorite of mine.

i hate pepper in all forms and colours, and carnations smell like pepper to me. Daisies are my favourite flower but, in all honesty, they don't smell so good. sugar, though, sugar i like. :lol:

impsniff: smells like Lush's Stardust ballistic - which i hated.

skinsniff: bitter, peppery plastic. like a Strawberry Shortcake doll head coated in pepper.

and now i must go wash this off... which makes me sad, 'cuz i SO wanted to love this even though i knew i probably wouldn't.

Whoa--have I found a carnation I can actually wear?? The sugar is dominant here--I do smell daisy and carnation but the whole blend is very sweet and candylike. Girly, cute. Pepper's not really showing up (fine with me). If this can keep from going all powdery like carnation usually does, it'll be a miracle, and a winner.

Mmmmm, sweet flowery bubblegum!

I had very high hopes for this scent - the carnation and sugar made me hope for something like Pink Moon 07 which is one of my all-time favorites, and the pink pepper reminded me of Hermia, which is another of my most-loved scents. So I was expecting a spicier Pink Moon or sweeter Hermia.

Instead, the sweetness comes to the forefront and the pepper is hardly there at all. The daisy comes out much more when it dries, but the carnation is still very subtle. There's a fruitiness from somewhere, too, which I think is what gives it that bubblegum feel. It's a fun, girly, pink scent - definitely a keeper!

In the bottle - A green, fresh floral

Wet on me - A sweet, green, slightly powdery floral. It's familiar, but I can't put my finder on it

Dry on me - A light, sweet pink musk. Not unlike a less sugary Antique Lace with a touch of carnation

Overall - In fades very quickly on me and I would prefer it if it had more staying power, bu it is very pretty

Origin: Fresh from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I knew I was going to try this one as soon as I saw carnation and no deal-breaking notes beside it.

In the Vial: Wow, it almost smells like bubblegum. Very candy-sweet with just a hint of floral and a dash of pepper.

Wet: The carnation shows up, but the pink pepper and sugar are still combining for that bubblegum note.

Drydown: The carnation is trying, but is being tamped down by the sugar and pepper and the daisy has shown up only to add an earthy edge that is clashing horribly with the bubblegum.

Verdict: The Daisies are too High-Strung for my skin. *pouts*

This was the new Mad Tea Party scents that I was most excited about, even though I'm usually not a floral gal. Someone upthread mentioned that it reminded them of sugar flowers on a cake, and that's totally what I think of too! Specifically, small pink sugared flowers on a dainty white cake. This scent is a very light sweet floral. I can see why some compare it to Agape; on me, it's similar to Agape but without the apple. It has very little throw but it does seem to last for a while.

Cute! I may pick up a bottle down the line sometime.