Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat

A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

Frimp from the lab! In the imp: Fresh honeydew melon! It smells so good I could eat it! Goes on cool and fresh. The tea steps in a little to deepen the melon. As it dries, I can smell a hint of the mint note. I normally can't stand foody scents but this is so refreshing and authentic! Reminds me of munching honeydew melon on a hot summer day. Beautiful! Not something I'd necessarily wear, but I'm keeping the imp just for the smell.

In the bottle: pure melon! definately a sweet summer scent.

Wet: the mint comes out more, with some citrusy undertones.

Dry: smells a little bit musky, but it's a soft nice musk. (normally I'm not a fan of musk scents.) Not as melony now as it is in the bottle, but it's still noticeable.

In the bottle: Ripe, luscious honeydew melon with a citrusy zing. Smells a lot like a midori illusion!

Wet: On the skin, the melon is still strong but a bit more of a florally edge is coming through.

Dry: That initial burst of full-on melon has mellowed out quite quickly. I know there's not really any floral notes in this, but the scent I'm getting now is reminiscent of a light floral. It's still got a nice tang to it, though.

Verdict... the imp is a definite keeper, such a pretty and unusual scent. Makes me think of warm nights in summer, with fruit bats screeching in the darkening skies. Might even need a bottle.

I usually hate melon scents. This was not particularly attractive in the imp.

Wet through dry: This is just lovely. The melon is not overly strong and smells natural, not fake . Not too sweet as fruity scents can be.

This is a wonderful summer scent. It could be worn anywhere.

This may be a 5cc one for me.

Five minutes later: I ain't waiting 'til summer. I'm wearing this tomorrow. What a surprize.

Luv 'ya, lab.

This was a frimp in my last Lab purchase!

In the decant: Fruity-sweet - definitely sparkly or bubbly. In fact, it reminds me a little of Nerds candies ;) Without looking at the description, I would have pegged it as cherry, but on noting the melon and champagne grapes, that's very clearly what I'm smelling.

On my skin, wet: The bubbliness gets more intense - yay champagne grapes. I am not getting much of the mint. Thankfully, I'm also not getting much of the lemon balm, which tends to overpower other notes. I am pleasantly surprised with how unique this smell is - it doesn't remind me much of any other BPAL.

On my skin, dry: Unfortunately, most of the beautiful notes in this are top notes, so they fade rather quickly on my skin. I'm left with a sweetly resinous base note, almost like vanilla sugar.

Verdict: I like this one. It's a keeper. I want to add more light, summery scents to my collection, so we'll have to see how often I reach for this one.

Edited by CaptainEcchi

Imp: Melon. Yep, thats melon all right. Not much else. Its okay.

On wet: Yep, melon. But wait, there's more! Citrus? This is turning candyish and has a much further throw than I'd have thought from the imp. Whoever said Nerds candy was right on.

Dry: Sparkly. Melon backs off and citrus comes forward. Definitely getting lime, but no tea. Would be great for young girls.

Verdict: I really like this, but it's not everyday wearable enough for a bottle.

Even though there's a whole slew of ingredients in this one according to the description, I can only smell melon. It was sweet melon in the imp, nutty melon during dry down, and pure melon after that. I like it quite a bit and I think it'll make a nice spring/summer scent.

In the imp, I'm getting the melon and the mint and the lime and lemon and grape, which makes for a very ...interesting scent. Light applicaiton. On my skin, it's a bizzare combination of melon, mint, and what I'm pretty sure is grape. Erm. We'll keep an eye on this one. My skin chemistry does far too weird things with this for it to be wearable for me. Going to pass for now.

Edited by Venneh

In the imp: I was absolutely horrified by how sweet it smelled, like sugar-coated melon candy, times about fifty.

Wet: The melon is a lot less overpowering. It's now kind of minty and citrusy. Still sweet, but in a nice amount now.

Dry: Basically the same as when wet. I'm glad I tried it despite how cloying it is in the imp.

In the imp: Strong honeydew melon, some green tea

Drying on my skin: Honeydew melon and a hint of green tea. I don't get any of the other notes.

Throw and staying power: Medium throw, about 8 hours

Colour impression: Fresh yellowish green

Verdict: This is a very realistic honeydew melon to me. Unfortenatly not much more. Sadly while wearing it gets more and more cloying on my skin.

This will make a pretty fruity sommerscent on somebody! Unfortunately not on me...

Got this as a frimp, and didn't know what the notes were: one sniff and MELON. There's a bit of mint in there, and the faintest whiff of citrus, but they're way behind the melon. Usually that's a smell that makes me queasy in scent, but it seems to work fine with the other notes to ground it, I guess. What a nice surprise! :o

When first applied I really like this blend. It's a light, bright, fruity scent with a touch of mint. Unfortunately it lasts for less that two hours on my skin. I'll keep the imp but won't purchase a bottle.

This was a frimp from the lab and I'm so thankful!

This is a lovely realistic melon and lime scent that's perfect for warm weather, like many people above have said. Surprisingly my strictly non-foody partner even likes it. Yet another blend to add to the ever growing bottle buy list.

Wow, this is definitely MELON. Cantaloupe, specifically. I don't get the fresh, still-on-the-rind scent that others are getting - it's definitely syrupy and very sweet on me. When I first put it on, my reaction was, "Watermelon Jolly Ranchers!"

After a while, I get a bit of mint in there, but it's so deeply buried under the melon that I can't really smell it. I was kind of hoping for more of the mint tea, but overall this is too sweet and syrupy for me.

I tested this without looking at the notes, and instantly could smell the melon. I am not a melon fan, and thus this is definitely not for me. This scent is all sweet melons to me -- it smells like a very ripe cantaloupe or honeydew. Not my thing.

I think my skin must be doing something very strange to the bat, because I don't really smell anything like what everyone else smells. First out, there's an... almost vanilla-like scent, I think. I'm not sure how to describe it. It is foody but almost a baked smell rather than fresh. I almost catch a flicker of melon, but I think that might be me projecting more than anything else. As it dries, there is a very brief flash of almost lemon, before it finally settles into very weak green tea. It isn't sparkly on me at all, it's really flat. Kind of a disappointment.

In bottle: This is quite lovely. The tea, melon, mint, lime combination is striking and intensely appealing it it’s sweet tartness. The grape is unusually subtle, and the other elements mostly give it an herbal edge. This has several notes that my skin does nasty things too, so I shan’t skin test, but this is heartbreakingly lovely and I’m sorry there’s no chance of it working.

imp: oh my god, it smells like honeydew melon tastes. Too cool.

wet: still honeydew, but with more of a candied sweetness. Must be the grape, Beth's grape goes SUPER sweet on me. Luckily it's not too strong.

dry: honeydew and Sweetarts. I am conflicted! I wish it was more tea and herbs and less candy for me. I will be keeping this imp, I can see it growing on me...

Edited by animalcule

I have smelled far too many melon scents in my lifetime, and usually they are pure watermelon bubblegum and not much else. The melon incredibly captures a farmer's market fresh honeydew, sliced up for a picnic, spritzed with a dash of lime juice, served with a garnish of mint and a glass of cold green tea. So summery and inviting, without being overpowering and candy scented when worn. Batty, but in the best way. This one is a keeper, and I may have to splurge on the whole bottle.

Edited by Sultaana

In the Vial: Surprising, unique scent. Sweet, slightly sharp melon and lime. Reminded me of Japanese rice jelly candies, of which there are melon and lime flavors. It smells EXACTLY like those candies, even down to the wet "jelliness."

Wet on Skin: Maintains the scent from the vial. Smells like rice jelly candies in green melon, honeydew, and lime--very sweet.

On Skin After 5 Minutes: Turning into something unpleasant. The sweet is getting really sharp. The melon fades away, the lime begins to turn "kitchen cleaner." The sweet is so strong, it's not even foody sweet. It's weird sweet.

On Skin, Dry: Permeating, unknown sweet-sharp-cleaner scent. This did not go well for me at all. I couldn't stand the smell--made me sick to my stomach. Could very well be the way my skin reacts to it, and not the scent itself. I had to wash it off several times, as it clung to my skin with a sickly sweet plus lime cleaner scent.

I might use this in a scent locket, but will never wear it on my skin again. Probably just me.

This is such a fun blend! This is very much a melon scent, but a nice crisp one(not nauseating as some of them can be to my nose). Once on my skin the strong melon becomes a melon/citrus with a splash of lemon and lime. It is indeed a bright and jolly scent, good for any season in my opinion. :) I am not getting any grape, thankfully, since that is not a good note on me. It lasted about 2 to 3 hours on me, but while it was on the throw was pretty good and I had no problem carrying my imp around for delicious smelling touch-ups! A winner!

Wet this is an amazing fizzy green melon scent. Sadly, my skin eats the melon in about 45mins and I'm just left with the fizzy. Which isn't at all good, and too sweet.

What a fun scent! I get a cucumber melon type smell (think B&BW) when wet on my skin. On drydown, I get more citrus. This scent will be great in the early Spring.

I was not going to touch this one since the only other melon scent I tried (Ogun) was awful on me. However, since I had a lab frimp...

It works! In the imp and first applied it's WHOAMELON, but a nice true melon scent. After it's sat a while I start getting a little citrus, and maybe a touch of tea and florals peeking out. The mint never shows up, but that's fine with me. Like most light scents it doesn't seem to last on me, but it will be a lovely summer scent to carry around, or maybe use in my locket.

In the imp, smells just like melon! Honeydew and cantaloup. Reminds me of Yemaya, which I love. On the skin, a bit musky, probably the tea. But there's a bit of sweet citrus, like a creamy melon poking through. Turns a bit powdery as it dries. But it's primarily powdery, lemon musk. There's a hint of melon, but it fades more and more as it dries. Like it, don't love it. Would have preferred the melon scent to stay a bit longer.