Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat

TWINKLE, TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a teatray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!

A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

I think Beth took the "teatray" literally :)

A tray of herbal teas like you find in a health food restaurant.

Edit to note- Melon has been one of the worst experiences I've had with BPAL. The one used here works, so that was a pleasant surprise. Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Melon doesn't always work on me, but this is lovely. Ripe melon (but not overly juicey), a hint of mint, with a long finish of green tea.

Oh, this one good. REALLY GOOD. The melon is really all you can smell in this one and I like it (sence my earth rat began acting funny on me). The mind and green tea make a good untertone in the scent to. I realyyyy love it.

imp: melon! like the melon in yemaya.

wet: this is very, very similar to yemaya, what with the melon and grape being very strong. but where yemaya is also very sweet, this has a nice little edge to it. i think it's the lime rind and/or the lemon balm but it's a nice counterpoint to the melon/grape scent.

dry: once dry, this is almost identical to yemaya. i'm getting a bit of the tea with the melon/grape but otherwise, it's very similar.

In imp: Faintyl melony

On/wet: MELON. Ripe melon, most likely cantaloupe? It's very yummy. Not really getting anything else from it yet, as this melon is trying to mug me.

Drydown: Overall, I have to agree that this is very similar to Yemaya on me, but not so much sticky-sweet melon juice as sliced, ripe melon, still on the rind. There's green tea in the background, drawn out behind the melon note, and they smell awesome together. There's also some sort of dry woodsy-herby things in the background (maybe the toadflax?), including a hint of the lemonbalm. Lovely! This is probably one of the few blends I've tried which has had a "green tea" note that actually smells like green tea on me.

I adore melon scents so much that I bought a bottle of this unsniffed. So very glad I did! :wub:

On me this is melonmelonmelonmelonmelon! Plus a hint of green mint to add sparkle. I'm wanting to say honeydew, but then it morphs into cantaloupe. Maybe both? I get none of the other listed notes, but then my bottle just arrived, so it may settle down a bit.

In bottle/imp: Melon, softened by mint, and followed by light herbs.

Immediately on skin: This is powdery, soft minty melon with an herbal finish. It’s very soft and powdery in an almost creamy way.

After a little while: Huh? Where did it go? After only an hour I can barely smell this anymore. When I lean in really close I get something rather pretty though: a barely there mix of green tea, melon, and the smallest hint of mint. Oh, wait… and some gooey champagne grapes and herbs over the top.

Overall Impressions: This was quite fun at first… mostly, melon and mint with an herbal note finishing off the scent. This scent disappeared SO quick on me, though. And what I could smell after that was just a hint of green tea, melon and mint with an overtone of cloying white grapes and some herbs. This was a bit disappointing.

Imp: Melon and green tea

Wet: Honeydew melon

Drydown: Very cool and pleasant. We're still in Melon territory but there's a bit of citrus and green tea.

Overall: This is probably the best of the green BPAL scents on me. Usually the lime goes bonkers and takes all the other notes down. This might actually be worth a bottle just to get a change of pace in my green-lacking arsenal

Inside the imp, I immediately smell the melon note. :( Uh oh. Melon and I don't mix well.

Wet on the skin, all CANTALOUPE. :ack:

As it dries more, I can finally smell something other than melon. Lemon Mint Tea layers under the melon.

If the melon didn't amp so much on my skin, I think I would have enjoyed this scent more.

Melon just seems to be a death note on my skin. :sad:

This is very melon-y (honeydew to my nose) with hints of citrus and just a little green tea in the wet stage. The dry stage is a little off on me because white grape and mullein don't work well with my chemistry, and within an hour this bat has flown away and I smell nothing.

But in the scent locket, the yummy melon and citrus tea stays all day long, which is the way I prefer this scent. :)

Light yellow oil. Juicy, delicious cantelope melon! I get a little of the herbal feel and some light citrus. A little bit of dry sparkle from the grape, which is thankfully NOT the syrupy sweet type. Much more fruity than I expected, much less green/herbal.

Some truly awesome lime and lemon balm, these sort of combine with the sparkle of the champagne grape to produce a lemon-lime soda feel. More lime than lemon, and still loads of melon. I get the herbs now, which add a sort of subtle complexity and slightly 'outdoorsy' feel, almost grassy. The green tea is apparent too, also sort of grassy, a little astringent.

Going more and more herbal/green, and almost a little sharp from the green tea - much less fruity-feminine overall. The melon is fading quite rapidly, although the fizzy grape holds as do the citrusy/zesty notes. Actually, it might be even fizzier now.

Green tea, herbs, and light fruit. Still pretty sparkly, but much tarter and less juicy-sweet. The green tea is quite dominating at this point, and overall I'm sad about the evolution towards 'herbal green tea' . I also get more lemon balm (almost minty) than lime at this point.

After slathering and doing some yoga, it's held up very well and is still surprisingly fruity, with plenty of lemon, lime, and melon to balance the herbs and green tea. It also seems a little musky! Great throw and longevity - bottleworthy!

I love the whole concept of this perfume!

To me, this was more of a honeydew than a cantelope. The melon was far and away the strongest note, and everything else combined to make it sweet, slightly tea-like, and almost musky on me. It does actually twinkle, in a sense - champagne notes tend to 'sparkle' on my skin a bit and I really noticed that here.

I'm assuming the slight musky scent I was getting, which makes NO sense based on the note list, may have been hormone skin getting in the way. However, even with that problem, this was still a really nice scent, if a little too sweet for my usual tastes.

I'll retest once my skin has calmed back down and amend this if necessary.

I couldn't resist the name, I admit it. BATS: HOW CAN ANYONE RESIST THEM. Also, melon sounded good during the humid summer.

Once I tested Bat, though, I remembered that I am not a fan of many melon scents. Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT melon scent while the melon lasts, and it even works on my skin, I just wouldn't wear it. (My sister wore melon scents when we were in high school so they've never really felt "me.")

At first, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat is all honeydew, bright and wet and hugely refreshing. As it dries, the honeydew morphs into cantaloupe -- that sounds bizarre, but it does! -- and ten minutes later it's turned into an almost-subtle melon scent with green tea poised to take charge. By the time it's settled, it has barely any throw on my skin, but if I get close enough I can smell the green tea with an herbal backdrop. The cantaloupe practically disappears at the half-hour mark, but the green tea/herb blend is light and cool and it's not a huge loss.

It's very pretty and fresh, it's just in the family of scents (even after the melon dies down) that I associate with my sister. The "feel" also reminds me of Holiday Moon, which I have plenty of, even if I did feel comfortable wearing this one.

Edited by karen

I will keep this simple (plus I am terrible at writing reviews)

Ripe Juicy Melon. Very faint mint. I don't get much else, but it's a great melon scent and I do not recall if there is anything similar in the BPAL catalog like it.

Like others have mentioned, Twinkle Twinkle smells to me like fresh mint and ever-so-slighly herby tea leaves stuffed inside a melon (whether one can tell if it is honeydew or cantaloupe is arguable).

It's a very fresh little scent, but unfortunately it has no throw and lasts less than ten minutes on my skin.

I get melon and light tea and a dash of lime. It's yummy without being foody. It's such a playful and light blend, perfect for summer, and one of my new favorites.

Oooh! What a nice summer scent! It's a blast of cool melon (very similar to the melon in Earth Ox but without the incense) with tea and a bit of green. Its very sweet and nearly drinkable but sadly it fades on my skin with very little throw :cry2:

In the imp: MELON! woooo-boy, MELON! maybe a hint of citrus (lime rind or lemonbalm??) if I try and pick out notes.

wet: still melon! little bit more on the citrus end now, maybe something slightly floral? wait? no. . no that's just more melon.

dry: getting a more blended scent now, still starring melon, but now I'm getting softer hints of other notes, I'm getting the sparkly, champagne grape, mintiness now.

love this!

note: some throw on this thing! receptionist around the corner noticed it. Ha!

Edited by izile

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat is luscious and melony. In the bottle, it's all melon. On my skin, the melon gives way to mint and something, maybe the tea, and smells an awful lot like my grandmother's handbag. A top-up brings out lovely lime... and then back to handbag. I like the melon and lime well enough that I might try this in the burner. Otherwise, it's off to swaps.

Wet, this is ALL MELON. In an utterly fantastic way. Juicy, fresh honeydew.

As it dries, a bit of green tea comes out to support it. Not as fantastic as the pure melon, but really lovely nonetheless.

Unfortunately, this doesn't last very long on me. If I can ever get my hands on a scent locket (come on clocket!), I'll test in that.

When i first saw this scent i bought an imp without even reading the descript because that part always made me laugh. But my impulsive buying paid off this scent is soo clean on me!

Wet: very fresh, maybe thats the melon calling to me.

Dried: Very nice the melon and the mint pop on me causing it to be a very clean simple scent. Like getting out of the shower with freshly shampooed hair. Its a very nice casual scent I think i may be getting a bigger bottle of this soon. <3

In the imp, this smells like ripe cantaloupe and honeydew melons.

On my skin at first, I can't really smell anything but the melon. It's a cool, smooth, sweet melon. It's also very light and doesn't have much throw on me. As this dries down, it gets more citrussy and fresh smelling, and just a bit sharp. Melon and sharp citrus. I was hoping that the mint and grape would come out and make things more interesting, but they never do.

Little Bat smells very clean, simple and summery on me, but it's not really my sort of fragrance. I love the melon note, but I don't really like the citrus.

MELON MELON MELON...but as it dries the herbs come in to give this depth. And staying power--most melons disappear on me in minutes but this one's still going strong. I don't really get mint from this blend. Very summery and cooling!

My Dad used to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat to me as a kid, I was an avid Lewis Carroll reader too ... so you know, just had to have a bottle of this one, just for the name!

This one is really lovely but damn I wish it had more throw. It's ultra light, and I like to be able to smell my perfume floating around me, I'd have to put a lot of this on for me to get a whiff without putting my nose to my wrist.

It starts off pure melon and then soon after fresh mint (not toothpastey mint, just nice fresh garden mint) and this adds a 'twinkly' note, the melon is still at the forefront though all the way through.

I've been wearing it a few hours now and it has sweetened up and now I get the champagne grape, reminding me a little of Arcana's Death In The Afternoon - although it's not the same, this is softer and more gentle.

I love it! So glad I got a bottle.

In the imp: Wowza fresh honeydew melon.

Wet on skin: again fresh honeydew melon, sweet, and crisp.

Drydown: Honey dew melon with a hint of mint and something else that makes me think of bubblegum. Glad I got to try it, but I don't think I need a bottle.