Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Whoso List To Hunt

Sensual brown musk, rich amber, English rose, oak bark, and moss.

Very rosy on my skin, with a really wet quality to it that's more than plant stemminess. More like earth. Mossy, and not sweet at all. It reads as very "adult" on me, super serious and almost astringent until mid-drydown when the rose and earth subside and the musk peeks through.

Bought an imp to try before it becomes dc'd. Wet: herbally light musk dry: soft woody musk with a hint of rose. Later, it becomes sharper and more masculine on me, I think it's the oak bark and moss. I really like this and might have to get another imp next month...... :huh?:

Edited by Jangzonrice

In the imp: Amber, musk, and a touch of rose.

Wet: This is odd. This blends with my skin so well that I can barely distinguish it wet. I can smell my antiperspirant more strongly, and that’s unscented.

Dry: The oakmoss appears, while the amber and musk are still present. The rose becomes more prominent, and then fades a bit. It’s difficult for me to pick out the individual notes, because this is very well-blended. It’s softly powdery (not a bad thing at all) and the amber and musk give it a very classic perfume feel.

Final drydown: Sweet amber and oakmoss.

Whoso List to Hunt is just slightly stronger than a skin scent for me, with that touch of rose mentioned in the Lab’s description. From it I get a strong impression of the colors of a forest: the brown of tree trunks, deep mossy green, hints of red roses.

I wanted to try this because of its inspiration, so I think my imp will be enough.

In the imp - Woods.

Wet - Wow. This is all powder on me. It's powder wet, it's powder dry. Powder powder powder.

Drydown - In the imp, I could smell the promise of woods and oakmoss, but something in this went funky on my skin and now I'm getting baby powder. Not sure if it's the rose or the amber. Either way, not for me.

Verdict - I'm going to wash this off immediately and put it in the swap pile.

I can't resist brown musk and amber together....

Wet: Rich, smooth, expensive smelling woods over sweet amber. It's a tiny bit sharp, a tiny bit sour - hoping it settles on my skin as the amber and musk warm up. So far it smells like a very realistic forest scent. Lovely, but I really was hoping for a sweeter, muskier scent.

Dry: So, this almost never happens, and then only to spice notes applied freshly out of the shower (and this is neither) but I feel I am having some sort of reaction to this? My skin is hot, itchy and burning where I applied. It's a tiny bit red. Not horribly painful or anything, just uncomfortable. Weird! And also too bad, because it has dried down into the musky amber scent I wanted, with just hints of woods. Though there is something almost....soapy? Hidden underneath that is throwing me off a bit. Not sure what to think about this on the whole. Will try it another day, and if my skin reacts again I will have to rehome it.

In the imp: Brown musk, amber, and a bit of rose.

Wet: The brown musk note reigns, followed by the amber. Then the rose note emerges. After a while, the oak bark note pops up, and as usual, it's a bit sharp and cologne-y on me. Hopefully the other notes will keep it in check, as I was really enjoying it until the oak decided it wanted to play a role.

Dry: Now the moss has emerged, and the oak has calmed down. The brown musk and amber still reign, followed by the rose, moss, and a bit of oak.

Verdict: I really enjoy the brown musk and amber in this, although it does smell rather powdery on me in the end. And I'm glad that the other notes ended up keeping the oak in check. It's not something that I'd probably reach for, given that I generally enjoy amber paired with something sweeter, like vanilla, but it does make me want to seek out more brown musk scents. I'm glad I got to try this!

I pulled an imp to try on a whim, and Whoso List to Hunt was the lucky winner! 

Without checking the notes, I found the scent to be cozy (brown musk) and a touch herbal or floral (rose, for sure, and probably the moss). A bit on the masculine cozy side.

After it dried down, it became very powdery (amber?) and the musk disappeared (shocker!) Seems to be in a similar scent group as Death Cap (creamy cozy earthy), at least emotionally. The notes are right in my interest range, it’s just too thickly powdery for me. I love Death Cap much more, and have a full bottle, so I am sending this one to a new home.