Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

march hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

in the bottle i adore it! it's fruity, bright, sharp, and a little silly smelling.

wet on skin where'd the apricot go? clove clove clove. good thing i like clove.

dry on skin hmm, fascinating. it's apricot, it's clove, it's apricot, it's clove. okay, it's a little bipolar, but i find it fun.

two hours later it's apricot and clove again, the apricot rounding out the clove and vice versa. it's a really well-balanced blend, once it's done being imbalanced. it doesn't seem to be sticking around, though. maybe it's my dry skin, but it's fading really fast.

In the imp and wet, this is entirely apricot, which I like, surprisingly. Nice and sweet and fruity and only a hint of the clove spice.

As it dries, it goes back and forth between apricot and clove, and it's juicy and spicy and really, really nice (and this coming from someone who generally doesn't like fruity smells!). It's really well-blended and simple, and pretty. Very sweet and yummy!

I am definitely keeping the imp, if not ordering more.

Sweet apricot bursts forth! Yummy and nectarish like BPAL’s peach. As it starts to dry, the clove becomes evident but gently so, it is not at all overpowering. This is a delicious scent, very intoxicating. It’s not as long lasting as I’d like however, and fades pretty quickly in an hour or so to a waxy scent. I shall definitely be keeping my imp and might still get a bottle.

It's so weird. I love apricot and would love an apricot tart scent like whoa, but all I get is apple pie. And I don't like apple pie. At all. I want what everyone else has! :P

Form the imp I got mostly apricot, but the second it touched my skin on morphed into clove. And only clove. NOOOOOO. I was tempted to put it up for swaps, but then...wait...ahhh...the apricot is back. And the clove has moved into the background and grounds it rather nicely. Yes...this is lovely.

Such an odd but amazing scent. I sniff and get spicy apricot, then i get clove, then apricot, then clove. very warm and playful.

I wish it was a bit stronger on me, i reapplied and can barely smell it, but then again i have a weak sense of smell. I may have to keep an imp of this on hand for when i feel playful. :P

March Hare

Initially, bright ripe apricot. Then, warm baked apricot, baked into a pie. This actually smells very much like a peach cobbler. Fresh, sweet, but not cloying.

[4 - Really Like] Delicious!

Edited by MaidenGenevive

Apricot and clove. Very nice at the start, but does remind me of a candle or potpourri for the fall season.

After a while this turns kind of nasty on me, and gives me a headache.

Not for my skin, but would be good in an oil burner I think.

Pure yummy apricot cobbler, from the bottle and all the way through dry-down on me.... I LOVE apricot cobbler!!! This scent makes me feel very warm and cozy inside. The scents to tend to morph slight betwee stages (more clove, less clove) but through it all it's just different variations of apricot cobbler.... Hmmm... Might have to make some....

March Hare is certainly a mix of apricot and clove on me, but this served to remind me that predominant-note clove makes me think of Christmas air fresheners. :P "A drop of clove" in Beth's scents, now THAT's lovely, but when it's one of two notes? Oof. Not for me.

I'd never be able to wear this without layering it with something to mellow the clove; off to the swaps.

Mmm, perfectly blended apricot and clove, as if the two were simmering on the stove for a pie. Surprisingly not foody, despite that -- very sophisticated and wearable. It's a simple scent, but complex: the fruit is fresh, round, and juicy, while the whole clove note is dark and rich. This is the same wet to dry on me, but it fades quickly -- within three hours or so it's gone, and that's after a generous application.

Holy apricot! I enjoy apricots, whether fresh or dried or in jam, but I wasn't sure if I would like smelling like one. March Hare alternated between smelling exactly like apricot jam and smelling like Strawberry Shortcake's friend Apricot. The dry-down had just a hint of cloves and was much more scented-doll-like. The fragrance was light, sweet, and faded quickly. Not unpleasant, but not my thing.

This starts off smelling like apricot with a bit bite—sort of like the "fuzzy peach slices" candy, if you know them.

Unfortunately, over the next half hour, it ends up smelling like fuzzy candy and spoilt apricots. I guess it's the cloves; with the apricot, they're just turning into something raw and jagged as well as being sweet. It's awful on me.

About three-quarters of an hour in, it ends up just smelling like apricot. That's okay, and a rather nice smell--but on me, it just takes too long to get there and goes there by too nasty a route.

Swapped to a friend who likes food-y scents and collects the Alice in Wonderland group.

L&c,

F

Mmmmmmm! Apricots and cloves! Cloves and apricots! This is scrumptious! Oh my! Just a touch of spice with apricot jam...this is so pretty! I'm going to need more come springtime! Oh god this is gorgeous! I have Bakeneko, Minotaur, Snow White, and Red PHoenix on my arms right now along with this one, and it can clearly hold its own with the best of em. 5/5 :P

Bottle: Spicy Apricot

Wet: Apricot and clove. The clove is slightly spicy, but mostly sweet. It's very juicy and bursting with flavor!

Drydown: It's very foody and yummy!

3.5 outta 5

This smells very nice. I love the apricot scent. My problem with it however is that it isn't strong enough for me. I have it on my wrists, neck, and hanging in a scent locket, and still nothing.

I still like the apricotiness of Siren better. I don't know if this warrants a big bottle or not. Definetely a winter scent.

The combination of clove and peach isn't doing it for me. Separate they're fine, together in March Hare they are waayyy too foody. Sweet and yummy and a bit candyish, like chomping down on one of those chewy orange candies. Not my thing.

Edited by AmandaKay

This one is very straight-forward. I expected it to be pastry scent with apricot and clove. Instead, I literally just got apricot and clove. If there are additional to facets to this scent, they blend very well. I never feel like there are butter, crust, or sugar notes.

I am not a huge fan of peach and apricot notes, actually, because they are a little bit too sweet and juicy. The apricot here is quite sweet and syrupy, and smells impressively true to life. It definitely has a canned or cooked apricot quality, not freshly sliced fruit, which is certainly appropriate. It's very nice, but it is very sweet, so some may find it cloying. The clove is also on the sweet side. It adds a pleasant amount of spice without taking over.

This is a very simple blend, but it has plenty of body, and it is a lovely combination. It's worth trying if you like foody scents, and certainly worth trying if you like peach and apricot notes. The initial throw is pretty decent. Not huge, but definitely noticeable. It seems to evaporate quickly. After maybe 3-4 hours, as I recall, it was quite faint. It's now about 10 hours later, and it is completely gone. There's only the barest trace of sweetness on my wrists, and I wouldn't notice it if I didn't know to look for it.

I tend to like scents that are on the sweet side, but this is a bit too syrupy for me to stand as perfume. However, this is the kind of thing I love in bath products, so I definitely plan to keep my imps. I think it might also make a nice room fragrance.

It's apricot jam. Definitely apricot jam.

If it's a tart, then possibly it's the filling of the tart right after it's come out of the oven and is bubbling hot and caramelising around the edges. That seems quite plausible, actually. Maybe it's the hint of clove that's giving it that 'warm' feeling, because heaven knows it's not making itself known any other way.

Nice, though. :P

Really nice! I used up most of my full imp today, and that was around 11:30. When I got to work at 5, my co-worker walked in the control room and said, "Hey, is that apricot?" I was impressed by his nose and the longevity of this scent, especially since I'd been walking around downtown doing errands all day! I noticed the apricot right away, and it mellowed to a soft apricot, no real clove distinction for me. Maybe a bottle at some point.

I first got this in an imp form before falling in love and buying a 5 ml.

Even in the imp form the apricot scent is very strong but not over powering but in the 5ml you can smell the clove better. If your a fan of the scent of apricot then this is trully perfect for you. The scent is such a perfect spring or summer scent and it always perks me up :P

Warm, spiced apricot jam. The sweet clove note is different from straight clove and is, um, sweeter. Less bite, more fuzzy. I like sweet clove and wish Beth would use it more often.

Yummy scent.

Glorious, so ripe it's just about to go over the edge, PERFECT APRICOT!!! Wow, that is really something! Juicy, sweet, almost terminally luscious. :D

Now, I have never thought of myself as a person who would go around smelling like a ripe apricot, but this is just so yummy, I might have to consider it ...

Oh, rats! :D My skin ate it all under an hour. But who could blame it? I have certainly never been one to leave a jar of apricot preserves unmolested.

I like this a lot, but not quite enough to keep applying it every hour.

This could really work for someone who loves Beth's peach and/or apricot scents (as I certainly do!), and whose skin chemistry doesn't instantly snarf up all fruits and flowers. :P

I think I'll keep my imp, just to give myself a quick thrill every now and then ...

Edited by celtimor

In the imp this smells like...apricot and clove *shock* Who would have guessed? :D I don't get much of that jam smell to be honest. I think of jam as more sugary the clove makes this more spicy.

Mmm, on my skin the clove really pops! I don't know how to describe it other than, as I said before...apricot and clove :P Or maybe I should say clove and apricot, because the clove edges out the apricot just a bit in terms of dominance. My skin seems to REALLY amp the clove!

Yep. Clove. Clove clove clove and a leetle bit of apricot! Bummer! This is a really neat blend, it just doesn't work for me. I like clove, but not that much :D I wanted jam!

Source: Imp from the Lab

March Hare has the same scent in the imp as it does on my skin: warm apricot jam, with a hint of clove. It's juicy and luscious, and the clove is mild enough to just add a small bit of sharpness and richness to that juiciness. It also has nice throw, but it's one of those lighter scents that I have to re-apply.

Overall, yummy!