Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

In the imp, it's a nice apricot-clove blend, although the clove is dominant. Wet, it's allll clove. As it dries, it's clove with a hint of sweet apricot...

I wanted so to like this one. I'll keep the imp around, but I it might be a little too clove-y. nice for winter months, rather. very light throw.

i always avoided this for Fear of the Apricot, but i had a sniff-off with a couple friends and i tested this one, and i actually like it! i guess the clove comes out more on my skin. strangely, this smells more like citrus on me than sweet apricot. a pleasant surprise! :P

in the bottle: sweet peachy, apricoty nectar mixed with...hmmmm....not sure yet.

on my skin: ugh it is wonderful! the apricot mixes so well and the clove peeks out from the background every once in a while. sugary sweet, but light too.

impressions: i think i'll be getting a full bottle of this!

This one just about disappeared on me as soon as it dried. Wet the clove came up very strong. But after that I had to practically lick my skin to get anything from it. :-(

imp: apricot! <3

skin: apricot with the clove...it blends very nicely. very happy to receive this as a frimp. cloves as an ingredient scare me away...:P

i love the mad tea party scents!

Apricot for sure! Apricot was all I got from the bottle, maybe a little spicy clove teasing around the edges. Once on my skin, this turned into a scented candle type dealie... too sweet, and a little overpowering.

Having just put some on... oh my god.

This is so lovely! It reinds me of candles, but I love candle-scents far more than generically 'perfumy' ones and this is perfect for me. Spicy, spicy clove sweetened by fruity, mouthwatering apricot. Definitely a Winter/Autumn scent, but utterly delicious.

I think I need a bottle of this...

This one is a nice surprise, I'm not big on most fruit notes. In the imp it smelled familiar and quite lovely. Not too sweet, with a perfect tart, almost sour, edge. So I checked the description...Apricot?? I don't like apricot. Normally. This apricot isn't quite ripe, though. My favorite kinds of fruits to eat, firm, barely ripe, tart. YUM. To make it even better, I'm getting a luscious, smoky fig, too. Enough that this reminds me quite a bit of Carnal, one of my all-time favorites.

This one's a keeper :P

This starts off wet as very very sweet apricot, the fruit is very similar to the apricot in Grand Guignol. As the scent dries, it becomes less sweet and the spiciness of the cloves start to appear.

There is a definite patisserie feel to March Hare and my mind keeps visualising one of those pastry tarts you get in France or Spain with the upturned backs of apricots glistening under a sugar glaze. When you bite into the tart it is not sickly sweet, but a balanced with flavours of unsugared pasty, spices and the ripeness of the fruit coming over the top. I can almost smell the scent of the type of cafe in France where you would eat one of these tarts - a slight coffee and smokiness. Now my imagination is playing tricks on me :P

March Hare is a very interesting, evocative scent, I'm just not sure I will wear it very often.

Initially reminds me of the Body Shop Mango perfume, which was pretty much what I wore a decade ago. It is spicier though, more full-bodied and less one-noted. The clove makes it rather autumnal. I like it a lot, but the clove is rather strong so I'm not sure how often I would wear it.

Edited by enigmae

I was really disappointed when I wore this one. Wet it smelled very strongly of apricots and was very juicy. About ten minutes later I smelled like potpourri. I smelled like potpourri for a long time. :P Excellent wear-time on this, but I kept hoping it would go away.

After about 5 hours it got softer and less old-lady, but not soft enough for me.

I love apricots and cloves, but this is going on the swap pile. I was very exited about it too. :D

In the imp: sweet apricot jam. Smells good enough to eat.

On skin: spicy, buttery apricot cookie. I can definetely smell the clove in there, and the apricot note is very rich and foody.

Drydown: peachy spicy candles. I smell like a Yankee candle store. This blend would be better for fall or wintertime room scent or potpourri.

in the imp and wet: mmm, slightly spiced apricot and the yummy, yummy clove that's in Jack, this smells like autumn and high tea.

dry: the clove fades out a bit, leaving just the barest hint of spice on top of the apricot. Warm and beautiful and unexpected… this is one to slather. I really like it!

See as how I'm impatient for March to get here, I put on a little March Hare this morning.

It's very light, but long-lasting. I keep getting little wafts of it when I turn my head, and it's not morphed very much. On me, this is mostly apricot, although the clove is also detectable and keeps it from getting too light & fruity.

A great springtime scent, although perhaps a little sweet for me. Although once warmer weather arrives I'm sure I'll change my mind!

Smells a bit like schnapps when first applied. Start to turn a bit fake like a scented candle, with the clove first helping the scent and then making it smell even more like a candle. Turns soapy before dying.

The lab frimped this to me, and I put it right in the scentball diffuser...yum. Seriously YUM. This might be my favorite room scent yet, it's not too sweet, not too heavy....VERY appealing. I'm definitely getting a bottle.

I really really wanted to like this one. In the bottle, it was rich, fruity sweetness. I was hopeful.

alas.

On me, things changed. Wet, it wasn't too bad. Dry, it smelled like the fluoride treatments that I used to get at the dentist's when I was a kid. Not exactly what I dream about smelling like. This one joins the short list of things I had to wash off. *le sigh*

March Hare is a fun blend--like apricots cooked in a spicy syrup to serve over pancakes, or apricot jam to put on scones. Sweeter than Depraved, since clove doesn't "dirty" it up like patchouli--I'll be wearing the Hare layered over some apricot/honey bath goodies I have for a yummy summer scent compote.

Wet: Mmmm! Apricot!

First on: Spicy apricot.

Dry: Clove is coming out more and more, but the apricot is really dominant. Amazing scent; the description doesn't do it justice.

I had no idea this was an apricot scent when I tried it, as it was a frimp. Yummy though!!

Imp: Frutiy and sweet...this could be a hit or miss for me.

Wet: Spicy fruit...is that apple? (Apparently, it's apricot!)

Dry: Wow, warm and tasty spices with glazed fruit. This reminds me a candle too, but it's nice on the skin too.

Final Thoughts: I think I'm keeping the March Hare! We'll see about a bottle later.

Oh. Yum. :P

Apricot and cloves...totally. I definitely get the candle-y smell, but holy moley do I smell good. I definitely smell like some kind of baked good....I'm not sure in what situation I'd actually want to smell like this, though....it's not exactly an out-on-the-town scent, and it's not quite a take-me-home-hot-stuff scent (though it does make me smell tarty. Ha!), and it's not exactly an I'm-a-serious-professional scent...

But yum. I do smell awesome.

imp : Clove? Check. Apricot? Double check.

wet : Spicy and foody all at once. This doesn't smell so much like a tea tart to me as it does a very old fashioned perfume blend. This is exactly the way a lot of those shops that sell historical brick a brack at places like Montecello or Willamsberg smell like. :P

dry : Oh this is like taking a ride in my time machine back to the days of Lewis Carol. This more than anything else I've tried from the lab has that old time Victorian feel to it. I remember when I was in the third grade for history class we experimented with preserving fruit via cloves and this smells exactly the same way. I remembered that I liked hanging those bits of fruit in my closet when I still had them to give my clothes this exact aroma so I want to try using this one as a room spray.