Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

wet: Whew! Orangy-orange and tart lemon.

On me/dry down: oranges. Really bright oranges.

Later: I was surprised that the description says apricots and cloves. No cloves on me, but, ok, orange apricots. Husband says it smells like a room scent candle. Strong!

I got this as a freebie imp from the Labbies, and ieeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love it so much. SO MUCH.

The first impression I had was of sweet, super-strong oranges or tangerines - sugared bright orangey fruit. Then the cloves pop out. And the scent kind of bounces back and forth between the two all day. It mellows into a dreamy kind of summery, spicy sweet blend as time passes. I can almost taste this scent, it's so strong and jucy. I only need to apply a teeny bit for it to last for hours. Must have a big bottle!

If it wasn't for Quinkel saying 'Oh, you have to try March Hare I would never ever, ever have thought of ordering or trying this on. It smelled so nice in the bottle that I put a bit on straght away, somewhere on a spot where I hadn't any oils yet. I was enthusiastic and teh lovely Quinkel gifted me the imp :P

Next day, I decided to give it a proper test run. Put some on my wrists -careful, you never know what a new blend may do to you- and suddenly, I began to slather it on uncontrollably on my neck, cleavage, hair, belly, thighs, knees, you know, the kind of treatment that your tried and loved blends usually get. Anyway, on to the scent.

It was because of the apricot that I didn't expect to like it. Too sweet, but in this blend it has its ideal match: the clove. It makes it spicy and warm, like something just out of the oven. There is a bit of bakedness in this scent as well, but not too much. The drydown gets a bit too apricot-y to me, but by then it's so light it's not bothering me.

this one cornfused me a bit when i first smelled it. i detected the fruity but couldn't for the life of me place the fruit

ahh yes apricots wet this is very very fruity apriocots w/ a touch of clove

as it dries it becomes cloves w/ a touch of apricot sweet and spicy, twisted is right all in all this could make the top 10 list

I love this blend because it is so simple yet so twisted and chirrupy...so appropriately named! :P Sweet apricots, mellowed with spicy clove. I usually hate fruity blends, but this is a treat! The clove prevents it from turning to kool-aid on me, like most fruit blends do.

i got this as a freebie and wasn't sure what i would think of it. the clove bit put me off, but i gave it a try.... and wow! this is really nice. the clove works so well with the apricot.

March Hare was probably the first blend that stated clove as an ingredient that I could actually wear. For some reason cloves hate me and overrun everything else in the blend, but in March Hare, they were light enough not to intrude. The predominant scent is the Apricot, nice and juicy, but am afraid becomes too artificial smelling on me. I have yet to discover an Apricot I can wear, but for two scents that are normally horrific on me, this melded together nicely in a fruity, slighty earthy spiced clove scent. Not on my list of 5ml, but certainly a nice blend.

I'm in love with March Hare (thanks Joseybird!). The apricot stays juicy and true while the clove adds depth and a spicy sweetness that keeps the fruit from taking over. I only get a bit of the buttery tone that other reviewers have described in the drydown - just enough to make it comforting as well as cheery. It smells like the color of my hair (lol-I'm a strawberry blonde type redhead) and makes me grin when I'm wearing it. A definite keeper and in my top five. Yea! :P

March Hare

In the imp: fruity, sweet apricot jam. Yum. Reminds me of my mum's home made apricot jam, but sweeter. Hints of oranges/lemons as well.

Wet on skin: still apricot jam but now there's an almondy note coming through. Very sweet and yummy. I want to eat my wrist.

Dry on skin: now there's some spiciness coming though. That's probably the clove. I'm sure there's cinnamon in there too. It's warm and has autumnal/festive connotations but the apricots add a summery ambience. It brings to mind a saucepan filled with fresh spiced apricot jam in a welcoming, sunlit kitchen with the spice cupboard door open. I think this would be the perfect smell to use as a room fragrance because a smell like this conveys a welcoming and friendly atmosphere.

15 mins later: the cloves are really coming out now and mingling nicely with the apricot. Freshly baked apricot tart with a spicy pastry crust? Served with mulled wine? Mmm! The spice is getting more and more intense, but the sweetness makes this a really approachable smell. However, it's starting to remind me of one of those spice scented candles, but that's no bad thing.

Half an hour later: the cloves have become 'drier' as a note, and the scent is more of a sweet spice than ever before. Very uplifting and warming. The apricots are there but more in the background now, it's the turn of the spices to take over this scent.

Verdict: with it's apricot and spice fusion, it's an amalgam of summer and Christmas-a great combination of the happiest times of the year and the nostalgia they bring. Cheerful, warm, welcoming, sweet and edible. Perfect as a room fragrance especially when guests are invited for tea. And it reminds me of my mum's home-made jam, which adds even more of a comforting feeling to this. However, it may be a little bit too sweet on my skin, but either way, I like it.

March Hare

in the bottle: Ooo! Apricot! Since I own an apricot SN, that’s easy to ID. I do get a wiff of spices. I’m interesting to see how it mellows out once on...

wet: Mmm... spicy apricot. A bit like if someone made apricot gingernaps (except with cloves instead of ginger).

drying/10 minutes: Mmm... clove! Much less fruit now and much much more spice, but it is definitely a sweet spice, not spicy spice. On makes my nose itch, the other does not. It’s not itching.

dry/35 minutes: Sweet apricoty cloves, but it’s definitely the cloves taking the front seat here, but without being too dominant.

Whoa, clove! I love it! The clove is the dominant note on me, but as it wears it develops a nice apricot background to sweeten it up. I love the spiciness of this scent. It keeps the apricot from being too sweet and balances it very well. This is a simple, warm spicy scent on me. I like it a lot!

I tried to love it- as I generally love anything with clove; but this one... it just didn't work.

The apricot started off faint, then I was hit with a wave of clove (come back!!!)-- then all I could smell was overwhelming apricot. A great scent for someone I'm sure- but it was sickly sweet on me.

In the bottle: apricots

Wet: all apricots, sweet but tangy, juicy ripe apricots.

Drydown: the cloves do eventually make a guest appearace slighty after a while, but this one pretty much remains apricot on me.

Overall: This was a frimp in my last order. I really wanted to try it but I was afraid that the apricots would smell like dried rather than fresh so I was waiting. Fruity scents are really rather hit or miss with me as well. March Hare is lovely, I was sniffing my wrist all day. I will definatly be getting a bottle of this one.

March Hare

I cannot make up my mind about this one. The first time I tried it, it was just too much apricot for me. Several months later I tried it again and the apricot seemed to be mixed with a vanilla creaminess that totally seduced me. Then I tried it again and it was just apricot - nothing complex (although a nice, natural apricot - not plastic-y). Then today I got apricot jam, with a tart, almost fermented fruit undertone.

I don't know if it's my skin's pH balance, or my nose, but I'm having a real debate with myself about whether I want a bottle of this - I like apricot when it's a bit complex & mixed with other notes, and sometimes this is, and sometimes it isn't.

For anyone who loves apricot unreservedly though, this is your scent.

In Bottle: Um… apricot of course.

On Skin: I like this better than Depraved. Depraved is so sickly sweet and drippy, where as March Hare has the clove to make it deeper and prettier. This is beautiful! People may notice you’re quite fruity smelling, but it’s a nice comforting womanly smell. It would make me want to lean in closer to someone wearing it. As long as the clove stays in the background, I’d love to have more of this.

I have been waiting so long to try March Hare! Thanks, joseybird!

I like this a lot right away. There isn't much to describe scent-wise, as it really is just apricot and clove. The apricot is sweet, and the clove makes the entire thing smell like a wonderful pastry. I'm so excited! This does remind me a lot of a candle, probably because of the clove. I'm very tempted to get a 5ml of this!

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Sugary apricot.

In the imp/bottle: Apricot and cloying clove.

On skin, wet: Is there a tea note in this? This has a distinct crispness to it, softened just a bit by the apricot.

On skin, dry: After about an hour, this is a sweet, sugary apricot. It does strange things to my stomach.

Conclusion: f this were a bit lighter on the apricot, I might fall in love! As is, not me.

Edited by Aredhel

I didn't expect to like this because of the apricot, but boy was I ever wrong.

Cloves and apricots, over and over again. A slight tea scent also joins the party after a couple hours of wear, which just makes me all the more a-twitter about the scent.

Regretting that I only bought an imp of it, currently waiting on a 5ml. Much love for March Hare! :P

At first, apricot. Then sharp clove. Together very sharp, but not foody. Interesting, but kind of in-your-face, otherwise I'd say it might be a work scent for me.

marchhare.jpg

I can smell the apricot and it is making the clove turn into something different than clove. It reminds me of some thick apricot jam that one of my relatives used to make, it was more like an "apricot curd" than mere jam. I can smell almost a woodlike base to this, the same sort of thing I have smelled in Hamadryad and Aglaea, could be myrtle.

I think this is a good addition to my Alice in Wonderland collection and I will enjoy my imp. It would be a great scent for a child, as long as their skin could take the clove the Lab says is in it. It would be great for a fun date, nice in the Fall for something spicy but without the butter edge.

Edited by olympia301

Another fantastic foody scent! It smells exactly like an apricot tart! Unbelievable, it's tea time in

a bottle! I love the foody stuff, this one's a winner if you like apricot/peachy scents. The more I sniff, the more I think I might need a 5 ml...... Bravo again, Beth! :P

Wooaah, that certainly is apricot in the imp and wet! Nothing but vibrant apricot, energetic light orange. Once it's dry, the spice comes out. It smells more like cinnamon than clove to me, lacking that woody bite underneath that cloves have, but I don't really mind. I adore cinnamon as well as clove. I'm not sure if I'll purchase a bottle, but I'll definitely keep the imp.

I had ordered March Hare before I read andrabell's comment about it being the perfect scent for Disneyland but, by the time it arrived, I put it on with that sentiment in mind. She was right. It's a fun, playful, creative scent--bright apricot with just enough clove that my skin doesn't eat it like it does clove in other blends.

I think, despite what others have said about it being good for the holidays, I will always associate March Hare with warm weather and sunny skies.

If I had to pick one word to describe it, it would be "fun."

Mmm...I could definitely smell the apricot as I had the imp and put it on...then the clove hit, especially as the oil dried. And I smelled really spicy fruity for a little while, which was awesome. This is actually the clove-iest of the oils I've tried with a clove note (so far, and I'm a newbie), so I'm disppointed because it faded fairly fast. I'm going to try and figure out a way it'll last longer on me though, so I can see if I really like to wear it or if I just want to sniff it. :P

I received this as a gift imp from enantiomorph.

I adore this scent. It is sweet apricots and spice, exactly like a tart or preserves. The apricot is juicy and ripe, and the clove is warm and perfectly blended with the fruit.

It lasted for hours - it was still going strong twelve hours after applying it. I felt delicious and edible the entire time it was on.

I must get a big bottle of this. It is fantastic.