Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

Like MCS says, a very uncomplicated scent but lovely. Smells like dried apricot and perfect clove. The March Hare is my favourite character in the Wonderland books so I had to try this one, and I really love it a lot - maybe not enough to warrant a full bottle, but it's a wonderful and tasty scent which I will gladly put on once in a while. Also the first Mad Tea Party scent I really liked.

This is really beautiful tart sweet and creamy apricot with added depth from the clove. Peach and apricot can sometimes be cloying if made too sweet but this isn' t cloying at all--it's fruity without being in-your-face and has just the right amount of tartness. :yum:

This is the very first thing from BPAL I ever owned, so I thought it'd be my first review too.

In the imp: It's very fruity from the apricot, but full because of the clove instead of light like a lot of apricot scents. It seems very strong. It smells a lot like a fruit-flavored tea.

Wet: The apricot seems to stand out a bit more, making a light side and a full side, and also the clove gets a little more spiced. It's a really wholesome scent.

Dry: It doesn't smell as much like tea, the clove starts to mellow out again, and the apricot gets really distinct. I wish the initial tea time scent lingered a bit more, because it's very Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Regardless, it's very beautiful.

This is a big bottle kind of scent :D

In the vial this is a heavenly sweet apricot scent backed gently by cloves - so lovely! Wow, on my skin it switches completely, and becomes a clove backed by an almost bubblegum-like sweet apricot fruitiness! After a few hours it becomes a soft and delicate breath of apricot sweetness on my skin...

March hare smells very fresh and light. The apricot is sweet but not TOO sweet. I really don't get any clove but it's a spicier apricot. I like it a lot! It doesn't have much throw and it doesn't last long on me at all, but it's a very nice scent that I may at some point get a bottle!

In the imp: Apricots! Fresh bowl of apricots!

Wet: Apricots and something spicy and sweet. It's the clove. Smells a bit like a yankee candle.

Dry: Yankee candle store all the way. No more apricots. :sad:

Overall: I love, love, love the apricot smell in the imp! But the yankee candle smell I just can't do!

A very simple and lovely scent. The apricot is very similar to the one in Grand Guignol: very, very sweet. No floral apricot here. I know clove is the note of death for many people, myself included, but this clove really is very sweet and light. It gives the apricot a bit more staying power, too.

It's just like the description, apricot with clove. The apricot smells real and juicy. At first the clove is strong sweet and spicy, but as it dries it dies down a bit but is still present and gives the apricot a dark smokiness. It smells like someone is eating an apricot and smoking a clove cigarette. I like it, but I think my imp will be enough for now. I wish the apricot was stronger.

In the Imp: Ah, that fresh apricot smells lovely and very attention-getting.

Wet: More of the delicious apricot, which isn't a bad thing at all. I get the slightest hint of spice from the clove, but it's barely noticeable, and again, I'm glad of this. I've had one too many scents that overpower fruit notes with heady spice power as of late.

Dry: Something about this is almost a little fizzy, reminding me of soda. Not bubbly enough to be a booze scent but with just enough kick to get you to notice it. Very pleasant.

Verdict: This is a very nice smell, but a bit too cutesy and feminine for me. Would be adorable on a little girl (or someone with an equally bouncy attitude)! That being said, I wouldn't mind wearing it on days where I'm feeling particularly spritely. My love for realistic fruit notes is too strong.

Both wet and dry, the sweet juiciness of the apricot is set off very nicely by the spice of the clove. This is a very straightforward scent that doesn't really morph at all on me. It just stays consistently fantastic, and I love my bottle. The fruit lends itself well during the summer, and the spice makes this wearable in the winter as well.

Mmmm this smells a lot like some of my favorite apricot green tea. With a little spice, but not enough to be annoying or overpowering, as is the case with my chemistry and most scents.

In the imp, it almost smells like fake cherry, like the kind in Cherry Coke or the one they pop into your drink skewered onto the umbrella toothpick. I think that's the clove mixing with the apricot playing tricks on me. ;) On the skin, if I sniff hard enough, I can pick out the individual notes of cloves and apricots, but it just wafting up to my nose while doing chores or working on the computer doesn't give much but that fake cherry smell. After about 15 minutes, it's all clove and no fruit. It is not a bad smell overall, but I am mourning the lack of apricots on my skin!

ETA: Okay it's been about an hour and finally apricots! Glorious, delicious, rabbity apricots with a sprinkle of spice.

Edited by Sultaana

In the Imp: A cloyingly sweet apricot with a bite.

Wet: On my skin some of the sweetness goes away. It seems to be a very simple apricot.

Dry: Slowly a sharp dusty clove appears. It is a strange dichotomy with the very fresh and juicy apricot. Eventually it becomes just a spice tea sort of scent.

Simply put: I think I'm in love with this scent. When I first opened the imp (sent by a lovely member) the first thing it reminded me was of the Celestial seasons tea. I love that brand of tea. When I applied it on my skin the clove quickly kicks and I love it so much. Dry on skin smells sweet with a little spice coming out. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. I definitely see myself buying this in the future! :wub2:

March Hare is impressive. It sounds simple and to-the-point but it definitely has a voice of its own. In the imp, it actually reminds me of my Grandma's canned peaches. She uses cloves in her recipe too. It's almost uncanny (har har) how similar this smells. On my skin, it basically smells the same, but even more alive. The apricots smell sparklier on my skin and the clove is just right. It adds a nice accent and doesn't run the show. Normally I amp clove, but in a good way, but the clove in March Hare doesn't amp as much as it usually does. Next time I visit my lovely Grandma, I am going to ask her for a jar of canned peaches.

march hare may end up staying in my imp collection simply because i keep sniffing my wrists, more than because i actually like it.

in the imp: sweet, fruity.

wet: sweet, fruity but almost creamy. i could swear i'm getting tea from this as well.

dry: sweet, fruity, but in a dried fruit way, not fresh. i'm getting a sensation of a spice way, way in the background. it's surprisingly pleasant, but it's also fairly benign and cuddly.

This review is for the March Hare prototype available in the cobweb event.

Wow. This is supremely different from the released version. This is a lemony blossom floral. Nothing fruity/foodie. If anything I'd say this is lemon + tea. The tea note is green, as it is almost astringent.

Mmmmm apricots! Spicy, sweet, creamy apricots!!

I do smell a bit like a Yankee Candle, but a yummy Christmassy one that reminds me of baking. I want to nibble my arm.

Edit: So while I was at a housewares store today I spent some time smelling the Yankee Candles section to try and pinpoint which one March Hare was reminding me of. Unfortunately I wasn't wearing March Hare because once I found it, it was all I wanted to be smelling all day long. *sigh* It was Farmers Market, for the record.

Edited by Tiada

I love March Hare: it's the only blend with clove (so far) that has worked for me. The apricot is juicy and tart and not too sweet, and the clove plays very nicely. It's a shame it had to be discontinued - will use my imp very carefully! 4/5

Apricot + clove = win! Love this and I am sad its no longer available. It layers fabulously with Intrigue.

In the bottle: apricot spiked with clove. it's very sweet and reminds me of some fabulous dessert I haven't yet learned how to cook. the apricot is a teensy bit tart (like the skin of some apricots, or maybe dried ones), so it's not overpowering sweetness, but still not for people who don't like dessert-inspired scents.

On my skin: largely apricot on me. far less clove than I desire! as it ages, it gradually gets more clove in the mix, but still not enough to satisfy me (I could pretty much rub dry cloves on my skin and be a happy girl). it's still very dessert-like, and I smell tasty.

Last thoughts: not a huge fan of food scents, so I think I'll give this one up for the trades. I think the clove mellows as the scent ages in the bottle, because when I first tried it, it was a lot stronger.

This is such a happy scent! Makes me want to skip.

In the bottle: Juicy apricot.

On my skin wet: Very juicy apricot with a bit of clove.

Dry: Mainly clove the apricot adds sweetness and tartness.

Limited throw.

On the skin: That is some yummy apricot! Almost peachy. Sweet with a slight tartness. There is a deepness to this one that must be from the clove, but I don't actually smell much of the clove itself.

This is very yummy!! I don't see myself wearing this day to day, but I love the smell of it!