Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

Not having read the description before putting it on, I am dismayed. This went on with a shrill masculine fruit, and continued to be awful. It quickly turned to Yankee Candle, and there is shall stay. I may need to wash this off. Trade bag.

I got this in a bunch of GCs that I decided to try, and I like it. The initial sweetness of the apricot calms after a while, and the clove comes out. It is a little Yankee-candle-y, but I like it. Not enough to buy a bottle, but I'll use my imp.

on wet this was very sweet clove with the apricot lurking in the background. reminds me of the potpourri section of a craft store.

dry - a spicy apricot. i can see other peoples yankee candle now.

overall this is not a bad scent i just don't like it for reminding me of being trapped in kmart as a child with my mom for boring hours(or so it seemed, it was probably 15 mins).thus spawning my hatred of box stores.

OMG my mother's apricot cobbler!! I smell so heavenly! Warm apricot, spicy clove... I can almost taste the warm syrupy goodness!!! I can even detect a bit of crust in there.

This scent settles down into a warm fall scent which is perfumy enough to keep it from being too foody. I slept wearing it and just had such a comforting night.

I am one of those people I guess for whom perfume just lasts because this has a decidedly nice throw on me and lasts and lasts and lasts clear to the next day. *kisses skin* Oooo I love you March Hare. Marry me!!!

Although I am not into the foody scents, I LOVE the March Hare. I had no idea of the notes when I tried it and could have sworn that it had peach in it. However, I think that was apricot (close enough). It is divine. The apricot is sweet and juicy. The spice of the clove is just enough to temper the sweetness. I would love for my house to smell like this.

A yummy spicy apricot that is very strong. As some others have mentioned, this is slightly Yankee Candle-ish but not in a bad way. A little of this would go a very long way. The apricot is definitely at the forefront but the clove is starting to push it's way forward a bit more and it's getting more like a spicy apricot tea with every minute that goes by. It's very warm and golden, almost syrupy.

Imp: all juicy apricot, no clove

Wet: hint of clove; still very fruity; reminds me of pie...a bit tart

Dry: nice! would mix with a cream as its a bit too fruity sweet

This starts off all APRICOT!!!!! - super sweet and syrupy. As it dries, the clove is coming to the fore and tempering what was really overly sticky-sweet. It's much nicer once dry, but I think it's a little too jam-y/Yankee Candle-y for me. It has a similar kind of feel to Carnal - that bright fruit deepened by something earthier, clove here, fig in Carnal - and I like Carnal much better; it has a rich holiday feel without being so Yankee-Candle-esque. A nice blend, but not quite me.

mmm- a much warmer apricot then I expected. I originally looked to Grand Guignol for the delivery of apricot goodness, but the imp just became plastic fruit on me.

But March Hare is buttery and juicy, with a dash of spice! Most certainly a teatime tart to be deliciously nibbled~

but not with that classic bpal baked goods note. Its well blended to be sure.

I am pleasantly surprised, and compelled to make an accompanying cuppa!

This is a very warm, juicy fruity scent on me. It's a touch foody, but not quite. The clove note is just pronounced enough to keep it from being too cloying on me. I'm enjoying the imp and will see how quickly I go through it to decide on a bottle.

In the imp: Lovely, juicy apricots and deep, woodsy cloves.

On, wet: Exactly the same as in the imp. It does smell a bit like a candle.

On, dry: This stays true from imp to drydown. It's apricot with just a bit of a spicy component. It's a bit heady, and toward the end it turned slightly fake-plastic-fruit on me.

Sweet and spicy, almost smells like houses in the autumn and early winter (right before Christmas). The apricot and the clove are more or less equal in the bottle, while on my skin the apricot tends to be a bit more prominent. But it isn't fruity in the sense that oranges and lemons are fruity. It's got a definite spice to it and is strangely comforting. The clove comes through after a while on the skin. I keep wanting to sniff my wrists and I suspect it's making me hungry. It's a tea-time scent, and I half expect cups and scones and jam to materialize. I definitely smell like something to eat (and not in a "oh you clearly went and bathed in a vat of desserts" sort of way). And, hours later, it's begun to smell like a clove cigarette. I love the smell of cloves, but can't smoke them, so this is the best of both worlds.

Oh, man I love blends with simple note lists. This seemed like such a win to me! And wet or in the bottle, it is. It's as others have described -- a gorgeously spiced apricot, studded with cloves and who knows what else gloriousness. It's a cooked scent, a 'wet' scent rather than the raw fruit. It's more like apricot cooked for preserves or as a glaze.

Unfortunately when I actually wear the perfume? I turn into a Yankee Candle. I know there are folks who don't mind that, but me? Not so much. I foolishly wore this to the gym where I, y'know, got warm and sweated, and it was like torture. Washing the candle smell off of me was a heavenly experience. This would make a nice room scent to me, but I definitely can't wear it and envy those who can!

Naturally it had some major lasting power. Figures!

Very, very clovey! I used to wear clove oil straight as a scent, and this has exactly what I liked so much about that. The apricot I can't quite place, but I only know the scent of dried apricots, and that may be what's throwing me off. Even though you can cook with all ingredients, March Hare doesn't smell foody on me at all, which is a big plus!

The notes vacillate between blending together nicely and being clove-dominant, and both aspects suit me just fine.

I think I quite like the combination - nice and thick and dark without being in-your-face sexy or incensey like some of my faves - and I'll have to give it a proper test drive soon!

This was one of the very few Mad Tea Party scents that I didn't want to try. I actually couldn't care less whether I never sniffed this one.

Then I got it as a frimp in my most recent lab order. What I usually do with non-wishlist frimps is give the wand a quick sniff, mark down on my spreadsheet that I own them, and put them away to test at a later date. When I sniffed March Hare, I stopped, sniffed again, and slathered it all over my wrists. This is a delicious fruity, juicy apricot, studded with cloves which add a little spice and stop the blend from becoming too fruity.

This is definitely being bumped into my mental top 10 of favourite GCs, and I keep getting cravings to wear this, even though I've got a ton of scents to test. In fact, I'm going to apply some now. Mmmmm.

You know, I can see where other people get the candle badness, but it doesn't happen to me. This goes on sweet and fruity and dries down into utter magnificence. It loses a bit of the straight-up sweetness as the clove comes out and just becomes sexy. I normally HATE fruity scents but I have a whole bottle of March Hare. I generally treat it as a summer scent because the fruit to me seems very summery and warm-weathery (although the bees like it too, alas). It's both a bright scent and a dark scent. It's just heavenly.

*loves it severely*

March Hare

I'm surprised I've never reviewed this before, but I guess I felt like I couldn't expand much on the Lab description. Clove and apricot is exactly what it is. I love both of those notes, and I really like them together. The apricot has a tangy sweet-tartness to it, and the clove adds a nice spicy kick.

This is a really neat combination! The juicy sweetness of the apricot is married perfectly with the spice of cloves. So it's a nice summery scent without being too cloyingly sweet for me. It's so simple and lovely.

I was just saying the other day that a rewatch of the Disney Alice and Wonderland a few days ago was enough to prompt me to test the Mad Tea Party imps that I have. And then, lo and behold, there is a massive Mad Tea Party update! What manner of madness is this?! So, March Hare is the only other untested one I have from that category, and I have all the more reason to test it today.

In the imp: Sweet clove with a backdrop of apricot. There might be some other spices as well, but I might just be thinking that in association with the clove.

Wet on skin: Immediately a lot more apricot, though still plenty of spicy clove. Gotta say, this immediately strikes me as more of an October hare than anything going on in March!

Drydown: Freshly dry, it's a wonderfully clovey-spicey sort of apricot. It still strikes me as extremely autumnal, and also as something that would be nice on toast. By one hour in, the apricot has pretty much disappeared entirely, but there's still a lot of wonderful spicy clove left.

Five hours later: Gone.

End of the day: Still gone.

Overall: It's becoming increasingly evident that most fruit scents in general disappear on me all too quickly. The mix of apricot and clove was very nice while it lasted, and not so foody that I couldn't handle it, but the apricot aspect was short-lived. Cloves are nice by themselves, but the point here is the mix! I'm probably going to have to pass this one on, regrettably.

Apricot. Clove. In this order, but both are distinct. I am detecting something else with the apricot but I don't know what it is! It's like... apricot jam with fizzy white wine and clove.

Definitely not something that I want to smell like on a daily basis, but I think I'll keep it for a while.

In the imp: Almost candylike I want to compare it to old penny button-candy. I think it's just that the non-berry scents from the lab need a little bit of room to spread for you to get their real effect.

Wet: MMMM! I don't normally like foody scents but dern, this is nice! Unique and intriguing! the apricot acts like a rubber coating on the sharp clove, softening its harsh edges. I think this may already be a keeper.

Drydown: Within a few minutes, the clove takes the forefront and really comes out to play. The apricot continues to blunt it though. I just tried Depraved on the other arm, and I swear the apricot must be the same ^_^ if you like one, you'll probably like the other. They both have similar effect but March Hare is a much brighter blend.

Dry: Within a couple hours, either my head is now used to the nutmeg or it faded into a vanilla background. How strange!

Conclusion: I can see why some might say this is a room scent. Nutmeg often gets lumped in that category. For someone who is looking for a bright scent that isn't floral, this would definitely be high on my recommendation list, especialyl if they ask for apricot.

Edited by Stormslegacy

I can't believe I've been on the forum for as long as I have, and have never reviewed this. In fact, I tried it and completely forgot about it.

But I rediscovered it recently and fell in love.

This is just what it says it is, but somehow more complex. Bright and fruity from the apricot, and clove of course gives it a nice bite, but it smells like more than just apricot and clove. It has a slightly boozy note--it reminds me of brandied apricot jam in a rich shortbread. I don't know where I'm getting the slightly boozy note or the pastry note, but I do.

it smells like the most delicious apricot tart, and I find it quite addicting.

And now, after all these years as a BPAL-ista, I'm going to get a bottle.

Warm, chewy, dried apricot and an airy dusting of mellow spice. The spice does not smell strongly of clove specifically to me. This is not overly sweet or traditionally "foody," but it is inviting and edible smelling. It's very rich and deep without anything cloying to interfere.

I don't expect it to last long-- fruit scents never do-- but I like it.

Smells exact like it is in the imp.. kinda candely but an uncomplicated scent in a NICE way.. sweet and spicy. It's really lovely, when on it just heats up and smells delicious!