Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

I'm learning that I really like some of these rather simple scents -- two notes, both of which I like, blended to lovely effect, seems to result in nothing but good for me. :P

This one is a perfect cooked apricot with a lovely clove aroma, juicy, sweet, and delicious. It settles into my skin very quickly, and as it dries leaves behind a lovely ghostly spice. That's really the only problem with this one -- no throw at all, and it lasts for a very short time. I sat at the computer for two hours futzing around, and every fifteen minutes I had to reapply it to my wrists and arms. It's just delicious for that blink of time, but as soon as it's gone, it's really gone.

I love it, but the lack of longevity means that I'll probably only seek it out in imp form. Edited by windbourne

In the imp: Cough medicine??? It smells like Robitussin. Weird.

Wet: Apricot? Sure, I'll go along with that. Still has an odd cough syrup edge, though.

Drying: It still smells like Robitussin, which isn't really what I'd hoped for. :P

When I first opened this imp, I thought I was smelling something else. I knew it had something peachy in it, which made sense, but the strong spice baffled me--then I realized I was actually sniffing March Hare. Strongly spiced apricot preserves is exactly what this smells like.

When applied, the clove really warms up. It's not as strikingly spicy as just opening a bottle of cloves and inhaling, or smoking a clove cigarette--this is a very warm, friendly spice with a sweet edge. Once it dried, very little changed except that it started slowly fading.

I love this scent. My only problem is, as stated before, my skin sucks it up and there's very little throw. Luckily, I remembered to dab some into my scent locket before I left the house, so I could continue to smell it throughout the day (there's something very soothing about it), but no one else noticed it...including my SO, who is an obsessive sniffer.

I will definitely, definitely be buying this in bottle form, and probably seeking out a roller-ball for easy slathering. Definitely a new favourite.

imp: whoa! apricot! a very spicy apricot. i've already added this one to the "to-buy" bottle list, it's that yummy.

wet: very strong and sweet apricot and clove. yum.

dry: this stays much more apricot-y than clove-y but that's fine, i'm a big fan of apricot.

Simple: Lovely, juicy, fresh apricot.

A pleasant surprise! I mean, I know the description clearly says apricot, but I was shocked by how *real* this is.

I wanted to lick it a little. :P

In the imp: Juicy apricots!

Wet on skin: Still apricots, spicy.

Dry on skin: Same scent that's in the imps, but it doesn't last long on my skin however.

Final thoughts: I wouldn't wear this as a regular scent, but as a room scent it's exquisite!

Hmm.. this is odd. It's reminding me of some sort of medicine teamed with marmalade and spices. It's making me stomach churn a little bit, unfortunately. :P It's sweet, spicy, and syrupy. Like Robitussin poured on top of marmalade with a dash of cloves. Not for me. =\

Imp: Dusty apricot.

Wet: For a brief, shining moment this is ripe, juice-running-down-your-chin apricot. It's startlingly evocative and beautiful.

Dry: But then it sort of meanders off course. The apricot goes dusty. Not in a necessarily bad way, it becomes more reminiscent of apricot skin or standing over a bin of apricots than the flesh of the fruit. The clove is sort of present, but for the most part this is a fruit scent.

Throw: A few inches from the skin.

Overall: It's a very pretty, soft and innocent scent. It reminds me of summer patio drinks with umbrellas in them. On my skin, it's fairly long lasting and very warm. I can't see a bottle in my future, but the imp will definitely make my acquaintence many times this summer.

In the imp, I sniffed sweet apricot, clove, and cinnamon. I don't like apricot much and strongly dislike spices on my skin, so I have no desire to test this one more.

I really like this one! I don't find the apricot scent to be fake or plastic-y as I have found with other fruit scents. It's sweet, juicy apricot with a bit of spice! Yum!! :P

Wet in imp:

fruity

Wet on skin:

fresh apricot jam with a touch of nectarine

Drydown:

same as wet, but the clove is warming it up nicely

Soft, warm, sweet. I love it :P

In the bottle:

Rating: 5

Notes: cloves, apricots

Comment: Deliciously foodie. Right up my alley and one of my top 5 favorite from general catalogue.

Wet on skin:

Comment: This perfume is very intense and doesn't change on my skin.

Dry on skin:

Scent Intensity: 5

Comment: I love to smell edible. Definitely among my top favorites.

Misc:

Duration: +4 Hrs

Keyword(s): gourmand

Color: Apricot!

Smells like: N/A

Edited by Akasha Tsang
Removed Lab description --Shollin

What started off as bright bubblegummy (I'm thinking hubba bubba) fruits with a touch of spice has somehow degraded into used bubblegum with the clove going acrid on me. I was looking forward to trying the March Hare for such a long time... :P

In The Bottle

Pure, ripe apricot. Oh, this will be good. :P

On Application

The clove adds it's mark fairly quickly but doesn't overpower.

Dry Down

On drydown, this turns to spiced dried apricots as opposed to the fresh apricot of the opening or maybe thick apricot jam. This is definitely a winter or autumn scent for me. Warming and tartly sweet. :D

Rating (0-5)

Full Wear Test

This was odd when I wore for a full day. The scent seemed to be completely sucked into my skin so I coudn't really smell it yet all day I got whiffs of the apricot and clove. I was flying too so it seemed to be non-invasive in the plane cabin. I will definitely be needing a bottle of this.

Edited by galahad

Ah one of the best scents in my 12 imp order! So very pleased with this little one!

In the imp: Spicey Apricot, a warm strong smell.

Wet on skin: Like pouring hot water into a fruit infusion tea and taking that first deep breath of the steam as you stir. the clatter of bone china cups and sitting outside.

Dry on skin: The wet smell evolves to include burnt matches/wood, like smelling a bonfire from far off. Fruit tea and fire and summer and all the good things from my childhood.

I will be seriously considering a full bottle of this.

Edited by Pinnku

Tried this for the first time today. It went on VERY fruity, very apricot, which I happened to like. I could smell the clove kick too, but it wasn't scary. I was going to chalk this up to one of those fruits scents that I really like, but can't own every single one, until it dried. The dried version for me was apricot still, but baked tart as well. It definitely smells like tart.

I really like it, although I haven't been woo about the foody smells so far. I loved the fruit stage, and I love the foody tart stage too =)

I smelled what I thought was peach when I opened the imp. When I put it on, it smelled like apricots with a hint of spiciness. All in all, it's a lovely scent.

In the imp, March Hare smells like vaguely spicey apricots. On my skin, both wet and dry, it smells purely of juicy ripe apricots. Or perhaps some lovely sugary apricot jelly that I would put on a toasted English Muffin or sourdough bread or something. No cloves on my skin, however, and there was very little throw, and not a lot of staying power. It smelled lovely, but just didn't stick around.

Delicious juicy spicy apricots. I love this, very yummy. I can smell both the apricot, and the clove, they are well balanced. My fiancé thought it smelled like peaches, haha. Hey, at least he was close. He loves it though... he said it's one of his favourites (he loves fruity and spicy smells). The apricot lasts longer than the clove on me, so after a couple hours it's just pure apricot.

I wish this one would last longer, because it's really tasty. Maybe i'm having issues because i have dry skin and my skin just sucks up all the oil too quickly. I'll have to moisturize before i apply next time and see if that helps.

Overall, i'll give it a 4/5.

This is what I had hoped Depraved would be like (Depraved was pure pencil shavings on me... but I digress)!

Juicy, sweet apricot jam with a touch of spice giving it warmth. I like my scents strong and this is just right. I can imagine wanting to reach for March Hare on a warm summer's day like today as well as in the winter when it's cold. I wonder why it took me so long to try this!

In the Bottle: Apricots! Loud and clear! Not a sweet scent though, rich and jammy. This smells how apricots should smell, and rarely do.

On the Skin: Apricots with a whiff of clove way in the background. I'm not a fan of clove, but I think that it's what is grounding this scent, keeping it from being cloying and sweet. I can smell it at quite a distance. This is lovely!

After a While: Apricots and clove, obviously. Also getting a few subtle musk tones. The clove is pulling ahead.

Verdict: I don't like clove and I thought the apricot would smell like a candle shop. What a surprise! It's lovely! This is really unusual, and I'm considering springing for a big bottle. Might just splash this around the house and pretend that my home usually smells this lovely. I feel a bit like a teenybopper huffing this. Very odd... alternating between the March Hare on my right arm, and Destroying Angel on my left.

I have had a Proustian longing for March Hare over the past couple of months. Absolutely had to have it and scoured sales lists for it. In fact I even thought about purchasing a bottle because I convinced myself that my wee imp would be gone by the next day.

And then, the longed for imp arrived.

Wet: Spicy apricot. Reminds me of Christmas at my Grandmothers. She had these clove sachets that she hung around the house and the scent clung to the box.

Dry down: Apricot note becoming more prominent over the clove. Still a spicy fruit though. Probably won't need the bottle but will keep an imp around.

Later: :P I, I smell like rutabaga. What on earth happened?

this one is SO MAD! :P

I loveit :D

totally twisted indeed.. and hmm.. ripe, fresh apricots..

I was very curious abot the clove.. it's there and Ilike it, makes it even more mad!

it's a fun scent and very young in a way, defenitley something for me to wear, happy with my imp

*will purchase bottle soon*

This is so far my FAVORITE scent from the Mad Tea Party line (pending when I try Knave of Hearts and Drink Me). The perfect blend of spicy and fruity -- I love it!