Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A cure for sweaty bits and sticky wilting. Stinky is a summer refresher 'foom for people that don't dig run-of-the-mill "clean" scents: newly-washed skin with a dusting of milk, white honey, and baby powder.

This kind of reminds me of The Gladdener of All Hearts, but without the lavender. I get the vague powdery candy smell that reminds me of sweet tarts or Lick-m-Aid. :lol: It does smell nice and clean, but it is not really "me", and the decant will do me just fine.

Stinky smells very much like Burt's Bees Baby Bee products. It's sweet and gentle--a little honey, a little milk, a little powder. It's "clean" without being "fresh," if that make any sense.

STINKY

In Bottle: Sweet milk and honey

On Skin: This is a very powdery scent, clean and extremely sweet. I agree that it does resemble Burt's Bee products which is a good thing, because I LOVE their products! I have their solid perfume and this is a lot like it, minus the wax note Burt's Bees has. The honey is very sweet, but not cloying. It's the honey I love, that doesn't have any herbal or floral in it (which is what I tend to dislike in some honey scents). I am all about pure sticky yummy sweet honey. The milk is creamy and not sour in the slightest. It has a baby quality to it that makes you just want to nuzzle and snuggle. I am absolutely obsessed in this scent and am so happy I got 3 bottles. If you are a honey or milk fan, this scent MUST be in your collection. I have been wearing this scent almost every day, and even brought it when I went camping. Everyone around me was like "How can you smell so good when we're camping?" I responded... "What... I'm *STINKY*!!" which I thought was funny. They didn't get it. It has a moderate throw and long wearlength.

Oh, swoon! This is absolutely beautiful. It does remind me of the buttermilk Baby Bee line for Burt's Bees, which I am a huge fan of. Oh, I need a double of this. This is the most beautiful perfume I've ever smelled; it's so sweet and modest and...it makes me feel like I'm laying in bed with a loved one, fingers knitted together, just enjoying each other's company.

I just have to say, I am ever so grateful that this is a warm, clean scent without being "laundry" like. I always get CITRUS HEADACHE from "laundry"/"fresh linen" scents. Bizarre but true. This is...this is brilliant.

Edited by teamilk

In the bottle: Honey and baby powder. Nice and soft.

On me: sweet lovely honey with just a touch of powder. This is sooo good. I love it. I'm going to need another bottle, as I think this will become a go to scent.

I think honey may not be a WIN note on me, unfortunately. I wanted so badly to love this one, but it just smells funky on me. Sharp and sweet at the same time, not really powdery at all, which was actually what i expected. Ah well, win some, lose some.

Honey, cream, and a touch of powder. Reminds me of the Burt’s Bees honey-scented body butter that I use regularly. A gentle, milky scent, soft but not faint. It makes me think of babies, too, as other reviewers have noted. It’s pure, sweet, innocent. My husband likes it on me. Glad I picked up a bottle – I think it will get a lot of love.

In the bottle and also wet right after application I smell a light, milky, sweet honey mixed with a bit of powder and, oddly, a sweet fruit that made me think of watermelon. The fruity aspect fades quite quickly which is too bad since I liked that little pop of fruit I sensed through the honey and powder.

Dry, this reminds me a great deal of a time back in college when I used Burt's Bees Baby Bee lotion every morning. It was easy for me to place the Burt's Bees lotion memory link, yet there was something else this sent reminds me of as well. It took me a while to place it, but now I've realized that Stinky reminds me a lot of Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids soap!

Stinky stays very sweet on my skin, but the sweetness hovers below the cloying mark. Some honey scents seem almost floral, but this one does not. I get the image of ribbons of honey swirled through a cold, thick cream. I am glad to have taken a chance on this one!

I don't get any baby powder at all, it just smells soft and clean and pretty and creamy and just amazing. I'm really happy with my bottle and I'm even more happy to know another bottle is on it's way :wub2:

And I completely agree with sunshinedaisybliss, Stinky is perfect for those days when you're not sure what kind of BPAL you want to wear, but you still want to smell good.

Not made of win. This is way more powdery than I expected. The honey is not as aggressive as it normally tends to be and it's not really creamy. Just powdery. Slightly sweet.

Meh.

This is pretty sweet and milky. Cloying *almost* in the wet stages. Throughout the drydown it seems to mellow out a little and lose some of the overly sweet edge. The baby powder isn't over the top here either, which is what I was a little worried about. The milk also didn't go sour on me, which has been the case a few times in the past. I like this, but I think I will like it a lot more with a little aging.

Totally gorgeous. I just received it today and put a tiny bit on my wrist to test it. It's not powdery at all on me, just a very sweet (but not sickening) creamy honey. Warm, cozy, pretty and feminine. The throw is pretty good, considering the teeny dab I applied. I may have to hunt more of this down.

In the bottle, this smells powdery, fresh, and almost citrussy. It smells summery and powdery. I think that I can smell the honey, but it's like a fresh, flowery honey...

On my skin, the only note that I can really pick out is the baby powder. It's a soft fluff of powder and an extra hint of sweetness... creamy, white and soft smelling. I feel like I dusted myself with baby powder and dabbed on the tiniest bit of sweet floral perfume (or Castitas bath oil) - very innocent, proper and ladylike. I keep smelling something like a hint of Castitas bath oil underneath the powder.

I imagine that this would be nice to wear when I just want to smell clean, but I'm not sure if I've ever really had the urge to smell clean and powdery. I think not.

I don't find this unpleasant, but it's very not-me.

This smells amazing. This scent is what seperates BPAL from any other company out there, if they ever tried to duplicate it. This scent truly captures the sweet skin of a baby. Soft honey, powder, with just a touch of berry somewhere in the mix. Such a great comfort scent!

I took a way too big whiff of this from the bottle and was really surprised at first. It smells so clean! I love it, it's soap to scrub you clean with a touch of sugar and cream for comfort. I get a little hint of the powder and I definitely get the freshly washed.

This scent makes me think cozy thoughts, straight out of the shower with a light dusting of powder and into a freshly washed bed still smelling of soap. I'm so going to wear this all the time before bed.

I've been eagerly anticipating this one. All the notes except the "baby powder" sounded good, and I figured it was worth a gamble because: 1. I love the Lab's milk and honey scents, 2. a lot of scents with no mention of baby powder smell like baby powder on me anyway, so I thought there was a chance that the actual "baby powder" note wouldn't smell like baby powder on my skin, and 3. I like the scent of Burt's Bees products and saw numerous mentions of the similarity with Stinky in the reviews.

I tried this fresh out of the mailbox, and the bottle was a bit warm. First impression: nuts. Nuts and fruits, but mostly nuts. Uh... not what I was expecting. :nervous: As it dries, I start catching wafts of something similar to Burt's Bees products - not identical and not up close, but the throw is similar. Up close it's still fruity and nutty - and a little sharp. Later in the dry-down, a powdery note does emerge, but it doesn't smell like baby powder. More like foody-powdery... must be the honey. At this stage, the throw is distressingly similar to diapers. Not dirty diapers, but like the scented plastic exterior of a clean diaper - like I ripped open a pack of Pampers and am sitting next to it.

Hmmn. I may need to give this one a few days to settle and try again. It's also possible that my hormones are a bit wonky at the moment, so I'll reserve judgment for now.

ETA: A couple of hours later and it's a creamy, slightly nutty honey with a powdery edge that stays close to the skin. I'm also detecting some vanilla, and unfortunately, I think it's the kind of vanilla to which I am allergic. I also happen to be extra-amping vanilla at this time of the month, so I'll try again in a week or two.

Edit #2: Second go-round was much more successful, but I still don't think Stinky is for me. Now that it's had a chance to settle and my hormones are a bit more conciliatory, it does indeed smell a great deal like Burt's Bees... but more foody and powdery. No plastic diaper note this time. I asked my husband what he thought (without telling him the name or notes), and he said, "I like it. It's not sexy, though. More foody." I agree. This isn't bad at all, but it just doesn't sing for me.

Edited by Apple

I adore milk and honey, so I love this scent! The baby powder is soft, which is good because I don't like smelling like baby butt...it's great!

I couldnt figure out what it was about this that made me all happy swoony... It is like a burts bees smell... it has a touch of the scent in burts bees apricot baby massage lotion, the one I used on my lilith when she was a newborn <3

I adore this!!

Wet, this reminds me a lot of White Rabbit - milk and clean cotton sheets. It sweetens as it dries, however, as the honey steps forward. At one stage it reminden me of a lighter, cleaner, more innocent version of O mixed with a dollop of cream.

It dries down to a clean, "natural" skin scent. Creamy, sweet in a non-cloying way with a hint of powder to make i even smoother and softer. Lovely.

Not what I was expecting at all!!

In the bottle: This smells exactly like Katrina Van Tassel! I thought this was going to smell light, clean and powdery, or at least a little sour like 'White Rabbit". But this is creamy and feminine.

Wet: No more Katrina Van Tassel. This turns a little creamy, a little musky, not really clean and pretty anymore. Something in this is bothering me. Ol dcaramel milk flowers. That's what it smells like.

Dry: I had to wash this off. Not what I was expecting at all.

Overall: In the bottle it smells lovely. But, on my skin it smelled a bit nasty. As if it went bad. I love milk and honey, and I adore baby powder. But I got none of that, and that's all I wanted. Off to swap. :(

On me, Stinky smells just like baby powder. Maybe at the beginning, I get faint whiffs of the honey and the milk notes, but the overwhelming scent is that of baby powder. This is definitely not for me.

Creamy, warmed milk sweetened with honey. It is soft, gentle and the reference to Burts Bees "Baby" line is bang on. It is an innocent, non-assuming scent, and I love it.

Got a sniffle of this in an order that I just got, with just enough for a thumb test. In the decant, I'm getting what I think is baby powder and honey. On my skin, it's a creamy honey with baby powder, and I really like it, just even having it on in the first few minutes. Might have to try and find a 5mL of this.

I was concerned that the milk note in this was going to sour on me like it does in other scents (Milk Moon for example). Luckily it does not! This is less a "clean" scent to me than it is a floral. A pale, sugared floral - it has soft and powdery sweetness, nothing too foody though. It's a very light and wearable scent, and where I normally think these sort of "fresh" scents are unisex, I think this one definitely has a feminine edge to it. It doesn't last long on me, but it's very pretty and my Mom complimented it right away.