Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the Bottle: Light and pretty. Floral candy? A strong spice hiding in there somewhere.

Wet: Really pretty. An impression of coolness.

Drydown: To me, this has three main components: something floral (but very light and appealing, unlike the usual Floral Notes of Death on me), the coolness (I don't think it's menthol/eucalyptus/juniper/mint, hmm), and perhaps sugar. They marry surprisingly well :D

This is a cool, sweet floral with maybe some herbs thrown in? I want to say it's gardenia or some other white floral, but it's so well mixed that it's hard to be definitive and the floral aspect is quite subdued. The scent doesn't really morph from wet to dry -- except it does get slightly plasticky after awhile -- and it also lasts for hours and hours :)

Edited by myriad

Got this as a sniffy in a recent swap. It's a nice, light, sweet floral, with a bit of herbiness lurking in the background. Not anything I'll be looking for a full bottle of, I think.

Edited by Venneh

This smells sweet and fruity, not floral, to me.

No, I take that back. Now that it's on it's definitely floral. It's a sweet and tangy floral. None of the usual suspects are in here, no rose, jasmine, or gardenia. However it's still making my head hurt.

It actually smells sort of candle-like.

and I can't explain what that means.

Extremely pale yellow nearly colourless oil. Tart, fruity, a little cologney - maybe some delicate slightly soapy florals - very light and clean and fresh.

More intensely fruity, and I get a definite tropical feel. Lusher. Still very zesty though. Kiwi or passionfruit maybe? I get that sort of a vibe. There's also a slightly bitter green note, maybe palm, or something like that, a little grassy and a touch soapy.

Going a bit more bitter, that greenery, but the zesty fruit is holding really well. Still light in feel and with low throw. I get a bit of powderiness, which makes me suspect maybe cotton flower or sweet pea as the soapy/powdery floral culprit.

I think my skin chemistry is being weird because like last night, everything I test turns sort of the same on me. This is going musky - skin musk, I'd bet. It reminds me of Ebisu actually but with a sweeter and more tropical and stronger fruity note, and a floral soapiness I can't place.

Slightly soapy skin musk, kiwi, and a floral of some sort. Maybe a little plumeria too, that adds to the sweet/fruity feel. It's almost too soapy for me, but it's the sort of scent that I like, so this could be promising and I'll have to retest when my hormones are more stable.

Fruity, light, effervescent floral. This scent is like citrusy sunshine in a boittle. It makes me want to where a yellow sundress and go traipsing through parks. It makes me smile :).

PW12 - Definitely a fruity-floral. The first note I identified is either peach or peach blossom (I'm leaning toward the latter because it's not really "juicy"). There's definitely a bit of a tropical vibe to this blend, but there's also something extremely sharp and bitter, which could very well be the florals. It's a weird combination of pretty, tropical, fruity notes peeking through almost soap-like, bitter, green notes. I don't like this and don't find it pleasant in the least. It's very strong and offensive. Off to wash it off now...

Lots of peach from the vial, it goes on skin peach and floral, and then the floral begins amping like mad and is soapy. Something green and bitter comes into the mix, and adds extra soap. Peach is a faint and fading memory. How disappointing; for a minute I thought this might be good. Within two minutes on my skin it is all perfumed soap.

This starts off as something like sweet citrus and green grass on my skin, which I liked, but it quickly dries down into sharp white floral perfume smell + tons of soap. After five minutes, it's like sharp floral and greenery crammed into a bar of soap. It's strong, sharp, and way too soapy for me. My throat feels tight when I smell this, like it's choking me.

First Sniff: Something vaguely familiar, but I can’t seem to place it. Light, certainly, and with some sort of flower. 

Initial Wet Application: Sweet and light. It somehow reminds me of bubblegum, without actually being bubblegum scented. Another reviewer mentioned juniper and then my brain went ‘that’s it!’. 

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): Sweet, light juniper. This is lovely, but I just know it’s going to fade too quickly. As this continued to dry, it went to generic restroom hand soap. Not unpleasant, but not remarkable either. At one point, I’m also getting fake plastic toy from this. 

My Reaction: Unfortunately, this just faded away. I enjoyed the fresh juniper, but it didn’t last. 

Rating: 1

This was primarily fruity on me, with just a tinge of a floral element. I kept thinking apple but not apple, so I am going with possibly quince being the star of the show on me?

I'm glad I got to try it, but I think I'll pass this one on, as it's not something I'd end up reaching for.

Got a sniffie of this in a swap so I"m not sure how the oil has held up over time, but I get sort of a musky berry.  It reminds me a little bit of Druid.  I think I also get a hint of spicy tea.  Something spicy, but very, very subdued and in the background.  Overall, it's pleasant but doesn't wow me.