How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!

Chocolate peppermint, mint-soaked vanilla, pistachio, oakmoss, and green cedar.

Mocks Against Idleness and Mischief.

Beautiful! Like a blast of chocolate mint. Do you like Andes Mints or things of that ilk? Then you will love this. I don't pick up pistachio, oakmoss, or cedar--just chocolate and mint :wub2:

EDIT: I wore this the other day and did start picking up the oakmoss more after the chocolate and mint burned off. It was like eating mint Milanos in the forest.

when it goes on wet i get pure chocolate mintyness

as dry down begins the moss too begins to grow and create a strong base to keep the scent from becoming too floody floozy.

later its a complex scent with muted mint, and creamy chocolate mixing with the damp forest floor.

I want to say that this is the perfect gourmand perfume.

As Frolic points out, the Oakmoss keeps this from being totally foody.

This is a chocolate mint hard candy as you're walking through an enchanted forest.

This really does smell like thin mints! After the dry down on me it mostly becomes the mint which smells similiar to the pennyroyal in Mad Hatter. Too bad my skin soacked up the chocolate-ness...

imp: yep, chocolate mint. this smells more realistic that the usual chocolate scents do to me.

wet: oh well. the chocolate goes weird. sorts of a dusty, powdered chocolate-flavored drink mix scent. with mint. pretty much this smells just like bliss but with a smooth hit of mint.

dry: i know this will be lovely on other people but it's a choco-cardboard disaster on my skin. glad i got to try it though, it smells great in the imp.

In imp: Cocoa-mint. Yummy!

On/wet: It's very cocoa, so far. A hint of that oakmoss, which is very interesting, but also of the mint.

Drydown: I have to say that in some aspects, this very much reminds me of MB: Tokyo Stomp. However, I think that this blend, overall, is fuller, richer in some ways. On drydown, it's primarily cocoa-mint (rather than vanilla mint) and smells very much like actual Thin Mint Cookies, but I'm definitely getting the pistachio out of this as well as the oakmoss. The chocolate not is stranded somewhere between Bliss and El Dia De Reyes, and is really quite lovely, and I adore the way it interacts with the mint and pistachio.

I think I'm going to need a bottle of this.

I really really want to like this. Unfortunately right now the cedar is amping, and I'm getting chocolate pencil shavings. I hope another application of it results in more mint and cocoa...

Later, the cedar has calmed down, and it's smelling much better. I think I probably won't need a bottle though.

Edited by penemuel

It's pure chocolate mint, wet and in the imp.

But as I wear it, the chocolate mint kind of combines with the other sort of woodier notes, and it ends up smelling like mint chocolate cookies. Crumbled all over my wrist. I don't know how else to describe it. Wood tends to behave on me, I guess. I've never got "pencil shavings" from any BPAL scent fortunately. This may actually become a new GC favorite of mine.

It's not really a mint scent (Mad Hatter, for example, pretty much stays in your face the whole time) it's more of a chocolate mint cookie scent XD. I find it to border on "foody" for me, or well, desserty P: but I tend to enjoy those, so it's possible I WANT it to be foody. lol But it's very wearable, unisex (hm this would be drool worthy on a guy in my opinion... *tackles nearest one to see*), and refreshing without being a Lick It with "HI I'M MINT!!"

Oh as a disclaimer, I have no idea what pistachio's smell like. o_O Or oakmoss, for that matter. I imagine they're just these notes I don't get in here that are mellowing the scent, well them and vanilla.

Kind of delicious. *nibbles her arm* Oh yeah, nice throw (I was gardening and kept getting wafts of chocolate. Now that's nice.) and so far nice endurance. I have a feeling it'll be one of those scents that after wearing it all day, it leaves one of those nice spicy residues behind. Or maybe that's just me o_O

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

This is the Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp meets Monster Bait: Ventriloquist Dummy scent.

Sniffing the imp, it's minty chocolate yummyness.

Wet on the skin, Girl Scout Thin Mints with a dash of wood.

As it dries, cedar note gets a little stronger. Once fully dry the cedar note is balanced with the chocolate peppermint which keeps this scent from going too foody.

I love the scent, but I have a LOT of chocolate scents, so I may be just hanging onto the imp and not pursuing a full bottle.

Edited by angelicruin

In the imp: this is chocolate mint.

Wet on my skin it becomes a creamy chocolate mint. I think the vanilla is what is making this seem creamy to me.

Dry the cedar comes out to give this a nice base so it does not become uber foody. Right now i'm happy with my imp, and it will be getting some work.

In the bottle this is a rich cocoa and I smell no mint at all.

Once I apply it the light mint comes out and mixes with the cocoa and it is very refreshing. I thought that it might be heavy but it is a very light scent and perfect for the summer and into the winter. Since I am in HOT San Diego, it is perfect for the 95 plus degrees we are experiencing now.

On drydown the oakmoss is making itself known and but not overpowering the deliciousness of the cocoa and mint. This stage is my favorite and I am glad this was added to the GC line!

Light golden oil. Chocolate (sort of milky-creamy), vanilla, peppermint, pennyroyal (:(), cedar (smells pretty non-green to me), along with yes, some pistachio! Quite rich and foody.

CEDAR, amping as usual, very dry and saunaesque. Lots of nutty pistachio, which is surprisingly nice. This *is* a little bit like ice cream as some anticipated. Less pepperminty on my skin, still loads of vanilla and chocolate. It's totally the chocolate from Bliss, not a note I enjoy. It's too milky/rich/cloying.

I am being beaten to death by a ginormous cedar club that's been dipped in artificially flavoured poor-quality milk chocolate. Almost all of the mint has gone. The vanilla's going cloying. I do still sort of love the pistachio note though I'm not sure I like it in perfume.

Hot, dry CEDAR with thick milk chocolate and fake vanilla, and a hint of harsh pennyroyal. Pistachio is virtually gone, and the peppermint is completely gone. I never got any oakmoss, a note I amp and adore. Sigh. Insanely strong throw and great longevity.

Edited by fairnymph

This is such a great mix of scents!

Wet: Chocolate mint, like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Very yummy.

Dry: Now, the cedar appears. But it works so nicely with the chocolate and the mint. I'm really enjoying this much more than I expected to. The only downside for me was that it didn't last much more than an hour. But I will certainy re-test, and since I am a slatherer, slather I shall!

If it lasts, it's going on my bottle list.

This is the Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp meets Monster Bait: Ventriloquist Dummy scent.

Sniffing the imp, it's minty chocolate yummyness.

Wet on the skin, Girl Scout Thin Mints with a dash of wood.

As it dries, cedar note gets a little stronger. Once fully dry the cedar note is balanced with the chocolate peppermint which keeps this scent from going too foody.

I love the scent, but I have a LOT of chocolate scents, so I may be just hanging onto the imp and not pursuing a full bottle.

Your description was SPOT on!

In the bottle, to wet to the skin to dry much later, all I smell is Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (not that I'm complaining)

The part of the scent I identify as "cookie-ish" oddly reminds me of Nuclear Winter 2005's somewhat underlying "vanilla-ish-ness"

Do love!

Yum, can I eat this over ice cream? :wub3:

How Doth the Little Crocodile is like fresh, cold Thin Mint cookies from The Girl Scouts on my skin. The lab's chocolate sometimes goes awry on me, but with this blend it stays true and delicious. I think this will be very versatile, as the mint makes it cooling for summer, but the foody aspect of it will make it a big hit in colder weather and at those holiday parties where you'd like someone to leave the dessert tray and nibble on you a little.

:wub2: This is a lot like Velvet (chocolate/wood) but with the added sweet depth of creamy vanilla mint. I get the cedar more as it wears on and the vanilla/mint/cream is still there working its sweet swirl of yumminess. Warm, creamy, woody chocolate with a touch of smooth, sweet mint and melty white chocolate. This is my new BPAL chocolate love.

In bottle/imp: Chocolate mint. Rather powdery, but still creamy.

Immediately on skin: This smells of those soft, pillowy mints with a little cocoa powder sprinkled over. Behind those notes is a little dry bit of cedar and the cologne-like cedar.

After a little while: The chocolate in this becomes that musky B.O. chocolate I can’t stand after a while, mixed with powdery, creamy vanilla-mint and a finish of light fresh moss.

Overall Impressions: This blend is interesting, but it doesn’t come together on my skin. The chocolate is rather dry, and with the vanilla-mint it becomes a little powdery. The oakmoss and touch of cedar at the end are interesting, but I just don’t know how to make sense of this.

How Doth the Little Crocodile reminds me of Frango mints, box and all. It's chocolate and mint and cardboard until the cedar comes through. The cedar takes over, and it's CEDAR, mint, and chocolate from there on out. Not for me. My son seems to love it though!

Starts out like think mints and then the cedar come out and takes over. I prefer Tokyo Stomp to this if you want a chocolate mint scent. Chocolate scents don't really work on me, except maybe for Velvet. It was fun to try though.

There are no words for how much I love this. There are sounds, such as MMmmm, Yummmm, and such.

I agree with the Thin Mint. I want to eat my arm so badly right now. The only thing I'm afraid of is the cedar, but so far it seems to be subdued.

Love, love, love.

Love.

I bought a 5ml unsniffed as the notes sounded a lot like Spooky. This is even better, chocolate mint over grounding cedar. A slight sweet vanilla toasted nut peaks out. It is gorgeous.

This smells like a girl scout thin mint cookie with a hint of nut and some cedar. Part of me wants to eat my arm now. Drydown: Vanilla with a hint of mint and cedar. I think this might be bottle worthy.

This is a kind of dusty, almost woody chocolate when it first goes on. I'm guessing that's the cedar chiming in. Not an unpleasant scent, but it's not that great either. If it stayed like that, I wouldn't think about a bottle.

As it dries, the chocolate tones down, the moss comes out to play, and the mint chimes in very softly. It has settled down to a sweet herbal-floral scent (chocolate usually goes floral on my skin, for some reason..). Not what the notes would imply, but comforting.

I get pure chocolate mint, and it is YUMMEH.

I've worn it a few times and sniffed my wrists quite a bit, but I don't pick up any of the other notes.