Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ondine

Lolita v2

Bubblegum. Straight-up bubble gum (which I love), the pink sticky kind like in a packet of Big League Chew or maybe one of those ancient sticks dusted with white powder you'd find in a baseball card packet.

There is no subtlety to this scent; it is young and innocent and lacks that flirty sort of edge that the released version of Lolita has. That strikes me as the difference between the two: The prototype is more like Lolita's little sister who hasn't yet developed that jailbait edge, while Lolita has that dash of maturity and naughtiness. (Oh, and, well, obviously the released version of Lolita has wholly different notes. This seriously has nothing of the notes listed in the released version, just bubblegum.)

Bottom line: If you like the smell of sticky pink bubblegum, this is totally the scent for you!

Edit: I just tried Jailbait, the GC scent, on and it smells just like Lolita v2 on me. So if you're looking for an easier to find version of this, try Jailbait!

Edited by Ondine

In the bottle: Bazooka Bubble Gum or one of those other dry pink bubble gums covered in powdered sugar. Or maybe one of those hard sticks you use to get with trading cards.

Wet: Exactly as above with a lot of throw.

Dry: It still has decent throw and I'm getting a tiny hit of cinnamon or something slightly spicy.

I actually really like it ^^

In the Bottle: Pink candy and a teeny hint of smoke or brimstone, something like that.

Wet: This reminds me of a bagful of some sort of candy, but I can't quite recall what kind... There's a hint of cinnamon, just a wee bit.

Drydown: Oh. My. God. A bit of almond, pink candy, and brimstone. Then it goes to pure divinity. No, not the candy (but that, too). As in Webster's: the state of being divine :thud:

I am so hoarding this.

In the bottle this is pure bubblegum. Wet on my skin it is the same. That straight up buble gum that is good for like 5 chews then there is no flavor and is hell on the jaw. Dry I swear like the previous reviewer I get some almond. This at drydown goes from good to better.

Sniffing the bottle, yes, definitely straight-up bubblegum.

Wet on the skin, bubblegum concentrate. Reminds me of that first bite into a wad of bubblegum--you know when the sugar & flavor of it is almost too much for your salivary glands?

As it begins to dry, it's still very much bubblegum, but I am getting a bit of cinnamon spice scent as well.

Dry it's a combination of bubblegum, conversational hearts, and red hots.

I'm really loving this scent and glad I had my Cobwebs fairy pick it up. :heart:

Yep, bubble gum for sure. It really reminds me of jailbait but much stronger. It smells like the gum you find in the quarter machines, it's square and the colors are green, white, red, pink & yellow. Chew them all together and you have Lolita v2.

When this first hits my skin, it's pink bubblegum - just like everyone else here has said. But it's not *like* pink bubblegum, it's an absolute dead-on smells exactly like pink bubblegum. Remember when you were a kid and you'd put way too many pieces of gum in your mouth and end up with a huge big wad of sticky pink goo that made your jaw ache to chew but you did anyway because it was so yummy? That's the smell.

After a few minutes, it does this weird thing on my skin and develops a menthol note that's not quite unpleasant but not real nice either. But that only lasts for a few moments and then goes away - very weird. The bubblegum doesn't come back quite the same after that though - it's still there, but it's mellowed a lot now. Then I realise I can smell cinnamon - not strong, and not as spicey as cinnamon usually is - this is peppery, but quite smooth.

After about 15 minutes , it reminds me a bit of Midway.. but with bubblegum. And although the bubblegum was far stronger and "bubblegum-y" at the start, I like it now that it's smoothed out. It doesn't stay on my skin for very long though - within less than an hour it has faded to a point where I can barely tell where the oil was.

Thank you to the fabulous sunshinedaisybliss for the testable sniffie! :wub2:

WOW you guys weren't kidding! Sugary sweet Dubble Bubble gum! It's got the strongest bubble gum flavor when it's wet, and as it dries, it smells like powdered sugar as well. It takes a little while for the other nuances to come forward, I can see why people are saying almond or cinnamon - there is just something a little more interesting going on here. The longer it warms up and sinks in, the more addictively beautiful it becomes. At this point, it becomes a little more difficult to describe, other than just sweetly deliciously happy.

This makes me feel like doing cartwheels and watching Punky Brewster. Adorable!

Edited to add: After being on for a few hours, although there isn't really any throw, when I smell my wrist it is just fantastic - almost like sandalwood but softer. I looooooooooove this scent! I hope I can find more, I drained my sniffie!

Edited by AEris

I sniffed this at the Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Bubblegum. Pure bubblegum.

EXACTLY like Bazooka Joe bubblegum… that powdery, chemically, vaguely bubblegum weirdness, dead on. Gross. I also detect some cinnamon as it dries.

I don't have much else to add about Lolita v2. It goes on smelling just like sweet, pink bubblegum with that powdery sugar edge. The drydown brings up a hint of red hots candies cinnamon that slowly takes over, but it stays really light and subtle and clings close to my skin, which is unusual for cinnamon. After about ten minutes, it's all light cinnamon candy, and then after about a half hour, I can't smell the scent at all.

Sweet bubblegum and a touch of cinnamon on the drydown. If Lolita, is well, Lolita, the prototype is much more innocent, a girl that isn't aware of sexual manipulation. Yet.

This is the perfect bubblegum to me! It's super pink, like Hubba Bubba. The bubblegum in here is definitely similar to Jailbait. Powdery and sweet. Not getting cinnamon or mint that others have mentioned. It lasts a very long time, kinda rare with me and my beloved bubblegum perfumes. Throw is fairly strong too for the first couple hours!

Love this, maybe not more than regular Lolita but this is in my top 3 bubblegum BPALs! Bubblegum lovers, this is amazing and you have to try it.