Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
angelicruin

Diabolical Offspring

Baby sweetness and a touch of brimstone.

In The Bottle: Baby Powder!

On Wet: Baby powder with a flash of heat underneath... the diabolical element? :)

Drydown: Actually this does blend to a really good match for Chanel No. 5. I really like this one!

In the Vial: I've been putting off testing this one for a couple of weeks, hoping that letting it settle would resolve the issue I had with it upon first sniff. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. This smells like cough syrup. Like Buckley's freaking cough syrup. I have more reservations in putting this on my skin than I did with Gore-Shock. BUT! I'm a trooper, so here goes.

Wet: Hmm. Okay. Okay, this isn't bad. It's becoming floral, and sweet, and powdery, and sort of like... plastic? But a good-smelling plastic. Like a Cabbage Patch Kid's face.

Dry: Yup. A Cabbage Patch Kid. I can definitely get the clean baby smell others have mentioned, but there's something distinctly plastic about it to me. I'm surprised that I don't smell the brimstone at all, because it's one of the few notes I always recognize right away.

An Hour Later: OKAY WOW YEAH BABY POWDER. And not the sweet talcum scent I get from some blends, but actual Johnson's baby powder. Freaky.

Overall: I'm relieved that the cough syrup quality didn't last (and curious as to why I smelled that in the first place), but... well, if and when I want to smell like Johnson's baby powder, I'll go to the drugstore and buy some. It's cheaper. :lol:

This is lovely - it's very much a more honeyed version of Stinky. I <3 it lots. Unfortunately, I break out in little red welts where I've worn it, so it probably has stealth citrus in it. :(

This starts out smelling exactly like a traditional perfume, with the quality I usually describe as "stinging." And then it settles into a barely-there whiff of baby powder. It's not bad at all, just not the kind of thing I usually go for with perfume.

In vial: Definite baby oil and... brimstone? Is that you? I am already pretty sure this is not the scent for me, but I'm just here for the ride, not for true love on this one.

Wet: Okay, now baby powder rather than oil, and as for the brimstone effect-- seriously, chalk it up to BPAL to create something I can only describe as "fruit. Evil fruit!" Not in the sense that it's rotting or dark, just evil powdery fruit. I wish I could describe it more clearly, but my nose is not that refined.

Dry: The fruit is gone, and what we have left is mostly baby powder. Yet I'm still getting whiffs of some (non-fruity) sweet smell which borders on sickly.

Final verdict: Definitely nothing I want to smell like on a day-to-day basis, but a fun experiment. As always, the Lab works miracles when it comes to bottling a concept.

This started off smelling like a fruity baby powder until something smokey started showing up. :lol:

After a few minutes, it's almost all brimstone... a little too much brimstone. :ack:

After about 10 minutes, the brimstone is still present, but the baby powder has come back to the foreground.

Not sure if I need a big bottle of this, but my imp will be staying put... for now. :lol:

Wet: Light, powdery and clean. More like expensive talc than baby powder, on me. I quite enjoy it! So far it's just about the perfect "skin scent". It smells mostly like "I just had a shower". It's very light and totally inoffensive.

Dry: Light, slightly sweet, slightly powdery. There is a note in this that reminds me of Eden v7 - it's slightly green yet creamy at the same time? And very hard to describe. Anyway, I do like it, but I don't love it, and I have other light clean scents I can wear to work that I like better, I think.

this smells like vanilla baby powder with a hint of something almost chocolaty. i'm not getting any brimstone. this reminds me of lush scents a bit, though it's very subtle on the skin.

My experience is pretty similar to other reviewers: mostly baby powder with a hint, a hint of something else. I would like it to be more overt honestly if we are talking Rosemary's Baby here. :)

Baby wipes turn into baby powder.

Seriously, this is all about that powdery baby smell. I get zero brimstone from this. So if this baby is diabolical, it is hiding it really well. :P 

I am not one that wants to smell like baby powder, so this decant is off to swaps.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Baby powder with no brimstone. Kind of lemony like in Follow Me Boy, that could be what remains of the brimstone I guess. Does not last long, maybe an hour. Not for me even though I don't mind baby powder scents.