Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
angelicruin

Diabolical Offspring

ddoffspring.jpg

The passage into parenthood is, despite all its joys, often confusing, a little shocking, and sometimes frightening.

-- moreso for some parents than others.

Examples: the Bad Seed, the Omen, Rosemary’s Baby, and Alice, Sweet Alice

Baby sweetness and a touch of brimstone.

As I sniff the bottle contents, it's sweet baby powder scent. Just-after-their-bath-and-snuggled-in-their-soft-little-onesie-scent or what I call "clean baby smell".

Upon initial application, it's still sweet baby powder, but something else is lurking just underneath all that innocence. :twisted:

As it dries down, this actually doesn't change much on my skin. It's a little powdery on my skin, but considering the theme of the scent, I think it's appropriate.

Ooooh, yay!!! I'm so happy I like this since this was the one I was most excited to try. And the girl on the label reminds me of my daughters. :twisted: :lol:

It is definitely heaviest on the baby powder, but in the best way possible. I also swear there is something like cherry way in the back? It adds something to the powder, but it's just barely there. I really have to look for it.

I think I'm getting a touch of the brimstone, but it's not really smoky. I think that's what is keeping it from being too sweet or babyish. It's far more wearable than I expected and I might have to break my new "no more multi-bottles" rule. I can see reaching for it a lot during the warm weather since it's not too heavy or sweet, but very pretty and interesting, and just a touch dark. I can't stop sniffing myself and dh loves it too!

ETA: So it's been on for longer now and I just can't believe how dead on Beth got this. How does she do it? It really does smell innocent and sweet and evil and just...off...all at the same time. I love it!

ETA again: Now that it's been about 4 or 5 hours, it's dried down to something sweet and smooth. It smells like a blend of soft honey and amber. My nose or chemistry must be really off. But whatever, it smells wonderful! There also seems to be something a bit...pink....to this. Very light pink, but pink. Maybe it's the cherry (or some sort of berry) I thought I caught earlier?

Edited by Femme_Fatale

awwwww!!

straight sniff from imp is baby powder heaven =-)

this is a "skin" baby powder scent if you can catch my drift...

quite soft and lovely....i cannot say i am getting any brimstone

at all...just that soft baby skin/powdery note...amazing...

This is pure baby powder on me. For the first hour or so. And than it's just gone. It vanishes completely. I would have definitely bought a bottle if it lasted longer :cry2:

After two or three hours the dead-on sweet baby powder scent is starting to fade but the brimstone totally stood me up. I didn't get any in the imp, none on my wrists, and none as the oil takes its leave. Still, it's pretty sniffable and pretty awesome.

I'm not terribly fond of baby powder proper but somehow I'm all over it in an oil. I'm getting a bottle; I'm getting it twice.

Interesting blend! Starts off smelling almost exactly like baby powder. I know the term "powdery" or "baby powder" gets tossed around a lot, but this one, seriously, does smell just like baby powder upon application. Then, within a half hour, the sublime drydown begins. It smells a *lot* like Chanel No. 5 during the drydown phase...then it's just a gorgeous, clean, baby-fresh skin scent. This is a beautiful scent if you like fragrances that are powdery or aldehydic. I'm going to hoard several bottles, along with my other new favorite powdery blends, Psych Horror and Stinky.

In the bottle, this smells like a puff of clean, soft baby powder. It's also a little bit sweet.

On my skin, it's the same. Clean babies, powder, and a touch of sweetness. It smells just like baby wipes and baby powder on me. There's really nothing diabolical here; I don't get any brimstone or darker notes at all.

This is a really lovely, clean, soft smell on me. I don't know if I'd ever wear it (clean powder is not exactly 'me'), but it does smell nice & sort of comforting.

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Sweet, soapy baby powder with an edge of dark bitterness. It reminds me of the new plastic of dolls, dipped in talcum powder and floral soap.

Wet: Sweeter, less soapy and powdery, almost fruity? I get a powdered sugar note, and maybe some violet/orris, and I think some freesia!

Dry: Dries quickly and becomes more floral, more complex, less soapy and powdery. It's becoming quite lovely, actually. There's another bright floral I can't pinpoint, maybe a lily or daffodil, something Spring-y with the mildest edge of powder.

Later: The brimstone (barely there to begin with) is long gone and this is not much of a morpher after the first few minutes. It's a soft, mildly sweet, gently powdery delicate floral. Almost honeyed or waxy in a beeswax way after a while, maybe a soft amber.

Summary: Makes me think of little flower girls clutching dolls. There are many scents similar in the catalog, but none just like this one. Reminds me a little of Pediophobia. Very subtle and pleasant final drydown. Great throw, though it fades a fair bit.

Edited by fairnymph

I LOVE this scent! I've been wanting a fairly straight up "baby powder" scent. I know some people hate that.. but I love it to death :) I don't really get anything "diabolical" from this-- no brimstone at all, but I'd have been fine with that. Instead it's a straight forward baby powder scent when applied.. and it is STRONG! As it fades throughout the day it definitely smells like ylang ylang on me. I will be buying a couple back up bottles as it's an easy go-to scent for me :D

I didn't expect to like this because I don't care for the scent of baby powder, but surprisingly, I love this. Its sweet powder over clean skin with the occasional whiff of smoky brimstone. I think I detect a bit of lavender in the drydown as well. This is light and soft and I enjoy it as a bedtime and/or comfort scent.

This is gorgeous, yes - it is like baby powder, but I *like* the smell of baby powder! There's more to this than just baby powder though, I know there's something else going on but I can't really describe it.. it's just clean, and nice. I will definitely be getting a couple of bottles of this, it's strangely comforting and just very pleasant without having any particular "smell" about it.

In the bottle: Straight-up baby powder with a hint of sweet.

Wet on my skin: The sweet amps up & it's almost fruity, but what kind of fruit I couldn't say - it's somewhere between a pale citrus and an appley scent. There's also something like smoke, waaaay in the distance...

Drydown: The baby powder is really mellow & almost unnoticable, but it's presence still softens the smoky fruit. It's rather smooth & lovely, like perhaps this diabolical child isn't so bad... :twisted: <3

Verdict: I'm not overly fond of smelling like baby powder, but this has enough blending of other things that I might consider more in the future ^_^

Straight up baby powder. There is a slight hint of brimstone on wet, which stops it from being too boring.

As it dries, I think parrot_suspect nailed it best that it sort of dries to resemble Chanel No. 5, in that it smells clean, sophisticated, grown up. It's a powdery floral, but I do believe there is honey in it. Very golden in the drydown. I guess the best approximation is Claudia from the Interview with a Vampire, a woman trapped inside a child's body. That's what it makes me think of - seductive, inappropriate and unnerving.

I get baby powder with a bit of smokiness. I didn't expect to like this, but I do. It must be my affinity for brimstone (or the cute devil child on the label, you know, whichever). As it dries, the brimstone becomes more prominent, though it never quite takes over... :twisted:

This is pretty much baby powder on me, which is OK, as I like powdery scents to some degree. I'm trying to find something that is "different" here as I don't know what Brimstone smells like. Not getting anything but the powder. I'll enjoy my imp, but I don't think I need a bottle.

This smelled like violet for awhile after I first applied it. I'm thinking it may be orris, and my skin has a tendency to turn orris to violet. It was powdery but a little sharp. It dried sweeter and smoother. As for the brimstone, I think I got a light touch of smoke in here, but it wasn't overly noticeable. Overall this was pretty light and clean. Nice, but not interesting on me.

In the vial: Baby powder, the kind with floral overtones, and something a little bit flintier.

Wet: More piercingly floral, but still with that Johnson's Baby Powder scent from the 1970s. And there's something else in there, something both sweet and acrid. It does kind of remind me of what I got off Brimstone.

Half an hour: Softly and very pleasantly floral with a brimstone base.

Hour and a half: Much more floral than brimstone. This is a bit like Stinky, only much more in my zone.

Two and a half hours: Still sweet, an inoffensive honey-sweet floralish baby powder. But then again, the brimstone note works nicely on me, so perhaps I'm not getting the full devilish effect!

mmmmmm......sweet powdery honey scent with a touch of Brimstone (don't know what that is but I can smell it...)

This reminds me of O with a touch of Hellfire, yummy, love it! :D

All baby, no brimstone. :(

Hold the presses!

I just got a frimp of Brimstone, layered it with Diabolical Offspring, and voila! Now it has brimstone! :P Great combination, and now I have an excuse to keep this fantastic label in my active potions cabinet where I can see it every day. Yay!

Edited by Pesha Rocha

Starts off as very sweet, almost darling scent. Baby powder, yes, but extremely sweet. Not getting any brimstone. Has a good throw and lasts a while. I may get a bottle of this.

Ahhhhh - I was looking for a baby scent because my fave all-time is one with that has the word "baby" in it - I'm not sure if it's kosher to mention scents not BPAL here or not! - & this is reminiscent, though somewhat fruitier. & as to the "brimstone" - it's like the slightest twist of hot mustard behind the baby. If that makes sense! I LOVE IT!! :D

Got this as a freebie imp from a lovely .org order :)

In the imp it was a nice, perfumy smell. Fairly sweet and soft. My son was asleep on the couch and it made me want to cuddle him :wub2:

Wet: Oh this is fun! Evil baby powder :twisted: The powdery scent is way there but there is something much darker underneath.

Drying: The darkness is going away and leaving a very sophisticated, pretty baby powder scent.

Dry: Pretty much the same. I keep getting wiffs of yummy sweet powderyness all around me. Loved it so much I scoped out a partial bottle on the forums :lol:

Diabolical Offspring - There's pretty much nothing diabolical about this scent -- it's a super-sweet baby powder scent, with a hint of smokiness underneath. When I first apply it, it's uber-sweet baby powder (with a possible hint of rose?), and it's only as it dries down that I smell the faintest trace of smoke. The notes work surprisingly well together. It has a moderate level of throw and lasts a really long time on my skin.

Bleh! This smells like Chanel No. 5 on my skin. Which I dislike. In the bottle, it smells like evil baby powder, so that's spot on!