Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
edenssixthday

Abe Sapien

ABE SAPIEN
A soft aquatic musk with kelp and juniper.

Abe Sapien - This is a heavy aquatic scent. It's not a fresh aquatic nor a marine aquatic, but falls somewhere between the two -- more like a brackish-water aquatic. It's a full-bodied scent, very cologne-like in an after-shave kind of way. I think it's more of a masculine blend (as the name suggests), although I don't really want my guy to smell like this, as it's really, really heavy.

in my opinion this is a very fresh and clean scent. in fact while wet, it smells very much like soap, a lot like Cthulu. after a while, the soapiness dies down and the individual notes become more apparent. i get a very pleasent masculine musk along with juniper, i'm not sure if i'm picking up on the kelp because i have no idea what kelp smells like.

Edited by ian

As Abe Sapien is one of my favorite characters in the Hellboy comic....I just had to try this. I am soooooo glad that I did. This is a gorgeous blue green aquatic. It smells like Abe to a tee. I really want to get in the tank with him and swim around and smell him. :lol: It is just that gorgeous.

Strong aquatic cologne. It was interesting to try this next to the Gris Grimly Fit of Artistic Enthusiasm (?) decant I had on my other arm. THey were both aquatic, but Abe had a rich and manly, dark, water at the bottom of the ocean with kelpy bits swimming in it feel to it. Where Fit was closer to Calico Jack, Abe was closer to Cthulhu or one of the other aquatic Picnic in Arkham blends.

Sweet & aquatic musk. Definitely has cologne qualities to it. It borders on being "soapy" on my skin, but never fully crosses over.

I find it intriguing and keep placing my arm under my nose repeatedly. Still cannot decide though if it would be worth an entire bottle. I think probably not, though I do enjoy the 1/2 decant I have.

Bright lime. There is nothing soft about it, this is energizing. It settles down, and finally the musk comes through.

So there is a bit of lime on this wet, and then its a pretty manly aquatic. Both me and kid zz tried this on ---- a little too manly on me, and he thought it was a pretty nice smell. ;)

Pretty strong throw and wear length.

Sniffing this in the bottle, it's like being attacked by soapy laundry. I get that clean soap and damp clothes smell. It's really strong and intense. I can smell a little bit of high pitched saltiness here as well.

On my skin, this reminds me of a bar of soap. It smells like classic Zest soap to me. It's leaning slightly to the masculine side of things. I think that Abe Sapien is the soapiest scent that I've ever tried. It makes me a little bit queasy when I smell it. It's so strong that I can practically taste it, which makes me feel like someone crammed a bar of soap into my mouth :/.

Aquatics often turn soapy on my skin, but this is insanely soapy and strong. I won't wear this one again.

Edited by Little Bird

Very soft, salty, watery musk with a hint of lime. I was worried it would be overly soapy and astringent but it's actually quite nice on my skin. On my partner this is almost like an aquatic version of Dorian. Now that the bottle is almost gone I may have to get a back up. :)

*Edited due to realizing how I DO need this in my life and that the softness of the scent is due to some proper aging. Going on three years now and oh my goodness it's gorgeous;)

Edited by leira

Lovely, goes really sharp and slightly soapy on me in a matter of seconds. Not so sharp that it's unpleasant!
Is a looooot like Thalassa, the Galapagos mermaid on me, but that one after a couple of days of wear made me feel slightly queasy (I blame the almond and amped up salt to a crazy level) but this one seems to stay in the comfortable to wear zone. No surprise that sweet Abe would smell like this! :smilenod:

I've discovered that me and aquatics don't usually get along, but Abe is my dude so I had to give this a shot. And I actually like it pretty well! Honestly, the drydown on it goes almost incense/resin-y on me, which is weird. But it's nice, and I've actually received a few compliments on it in just a day of wear.

I'm so glad I finally got to try this. I tried it on both myself and husband. I think I amped the juniper a bit more, so this smells like aquatic laundry on me. It's nice and wearable, very unisex. On the husband, it smells saltier, and more on the soapy side of being aquatic. In both cases, it's not overpowering or too heady. Actually, kinda sexy for an aquatic. Definitely worth trying.

This is a soapy smell with just a hint of salt and juniper.  Aquatic musks tend to go dryer sheet on me, so I'm glad it doesn't go quite that far.  It smells like a fancy soap that would be in an older, classy lady's house.  Abe is Parthenope's brother.  

I tested this on both myself and my partner who has different skin chem to me.

Wet this is very green and floral aquatic with a hint of musk. Very bright and soapy on me. As it dries it becomes much less soap but still quite soapy. To be fair I'm not good at reviewing aquatics. They always seem to smell the same with my skin chem.

On my partner: citrus soft cologne with a darker musk. Strangely, as it dries, it actually became brighter and soapier to smelling like what it was on me at the start. It's a shame as it was quite nice at the start for him.

I love dark aquatics, but this one isn't for me.

This smells like bpal's Cthulhu, that is to say, fancy irish spring (but darker). I do not want to smell like irish spring and dark water, but somewhere there is someone who loves Cthulhu and will love this.