Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Plague of Frogs

PLAGUE OF FROGS
Rubbery, wet, and warty.

Plague of Frogs - I could have the title wrong. It could have an "A" or "The" in front of the word Plague. Sorry, my notes aren't complete. Okay, so this is one of Beth's "silly" scents. It's definitely not one that people will wear and I'll be surprised if anyone buys it if they know in advance what it smells like, but I swear, honest-to-god, this smells like frogs. It evokes really strong memories of being a little girl and wading in the stream with my best friend, grabbing frogs, and following the slimy trails of frog-eggs they would leave behind, and that nasty, nasty urine they would spray all over your hand which would then dribble down your arm after picking up the frogs. This is the scent of slimy frogs, strings of slimy frog eggs in algae-ridden, shallow streams, and the smell of frog urine. Beth mentioned that she had tried to cut down on the "turdy" aspect of the overall smell of frogs. I didn't get any poo from this, but I did get a freaking ton of frog-urine from it. It's just nasty as a perfume, but she NAILED the concept quite possibly better than any other concept scent I've encountered before this.

After reading that this one is supposed to smell foul I feel a little better about leaving a review for it. I sniffed it at SEWC but didn't test because I don't like aquatics and this is REALLY aquatic. A friend I was with sniffed and said "Ew, this smells like the bottom of an unclean aquarium!" And it did.

i don't get anything dirty or slimy from this. infact quite the opposite! should be called bathed frogs cause it smells like a pleasant clean aquatic but as i am not a fan of clean aquatics it's off to the swaps pile but i would rate it 2.5/5

I admit to being hesitant to put this to my skin.

Inside the imp, it did not smell very welcoming, but I find on my skin, it's not that bad.

This is definitely an aquatic and green scent with just a bit of underlying sweetness.

I would not buy an entire bottle of it, but I'm happy to have had a chance to try it.

Agreed, I get a bit of lime, a bit of dirt but overall its a very green, clean aquatic.

It sort of ends up like soap on me.

I expected this to smell more interesting, but it's just a sharp, soapy, salty aquatic in the bottle and on my skin. It's like wearing dryer sheets and laundry soap. It's very soapy-clean and sharp, and I don't smell anything else going on, just a strong, soapy aquatic.

In bottle: This is lovely, delicate and pale green herbal with a gentle aquatic effect. It’s a touch floral, but not aggressively so. Wet: Yum. It’s a stronger version of what’s in the bottle, deepened and made more rich by my natural musk I’m pleasantly surprised after reading the negative buzz. Dry: Faint earthy aquatic.

I got an empty of this, enough to skin test, so I don't know if it's the small amount, but it's basically completely different to its description. Very nice and florally, not quite soapy but it feels clean. Really not what I was expecting, and not interesting enough to warrant any more.

Sniffed: I agree with myth; aquatic plus a stomach-churning note of aquarium bilge.

However, just as Encroaching Madness did a volte-face on the skin, so does PoF. It turns to dryer sheets, lime, and then a light mellow ozone-and-citrus scent, quite breezy and pleasant. Just.. don't sniff it wet, okay? Test it first. :lol:

Actually smells much more pleasant than you'd think from the name and description. I'd say kind of a green aquatic. If you like aquatics you may want to at least give this one a chance!

On me this is very ozony, almost cold. Rubbery too. There may even be a spearmint note here somewhere. I detect a murky green scent like cucumber underneath the ozone. The comparison to aquarium funk is pretty acurate, but it goes away on the dry-down. The aquatic doesn't turn completely to dryer sheets which is rare for me.

This would be a perfect hot weather scent, but sadly it disappears very quickly on me.

Edited by patina

This is a clean, green, cologne-y, somewhat salty aquatic. I don't get anything rubbery at all from this, fortunately.

It gets more soapy on me over time, as aquatics are wont to do, but if you're an aquatic fan, don't let the description scare you away. It's not scary at all!