Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
angelicruin

Alien Invasion

ddalieninv.jpg

A melding of science fiction and horror in which extraterrestrial life forms come to Earth in order to…

* Colonize the planet
* Harvest humans for foodstuffs
* Enslave humanity
* Destroy the planet
* Use probes to perform uncomfortable sexual experiments
… among other nefarious objectives.
Examples: War of the Worlds, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Plan 9 From Outer Space, the Day the Earth Stood Still

Slick, spiced space fruits and residual tentacle goo.

This blend smells citrus-based. Grapefruit seems to be the strongest note on my skin, but I am also getting lemon & lime as well...along with something resembling corn syrup. It seems to be a light fragrance on my skin (not a ton of throw). Not sure how long this will last, but I really like it. If you like citrus blends, I recommend it.

Alien Invasion - This is my favorite of the latest blockbuster series. It smells like lychee and starfruit -- fruity-sweet and fruity-sour. It's green and fresh in the way a cucumber or melon tend to be. I imagine it'll be well-loved by the people who enjoy fresh, green, fruity scents like Yemaya and Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat. I meant to get a bottle of this, but in the craziness of the Trunk Show at Cobwebs III, I forgot to pick up a bottle of this before I left the store. I definitely need to order some.

At first it's a really sharp citrus - like, say, yuzu as opposed to just plain old grapefruit. There's also some kind of floral in there, which I think may be honeysuckle? I dunno, maybe I am on crack, but to me it is a lovely blend of yuzu (which softens up right away upon application) and honeysuckle. There is also something reminiscent of Snow White, in fact after awhile there was quite a strong resemblance, but without turning into dirt the way Snow White does on me.

I love this stuff!! B)

This I bought on a whim, and am very glad that I did. I welcome our new alien overlords, if they're bringing fruit like this.

In the bottle: sharp bright citrus!

Wet: the sharp citrus in the bottle opens up into a strong, well blended, bright scent; there are notes of yuzu and grapefruit, but something else "fruity" lurking underneath, a bit like oranges and papaya, but very elusive. Some of the spiciness comes out, but the fruit is strong enough to keep that firmly in the background.

Dry: spice and greenery notes join the citrus for a very "green fruit" scent. The throw is fairly decent initially, but fades to skin-close within an hour or so.

This is such a lovely scent, very bright and happy. This will be my new "pick me up, wake me up" scent on days when my butt is dragging.

Alien Invasion is a blend of very bright citrus, white grapefruit and other notes, with some kind of tropical fruit hanging around underneath, plus lots and lots of green musk. The throw is light and it doesn't last long (a sneak-attack invasion!)

Edited by TheIceMaiden

This is a bright citrus like grapefruit or yuzu with some sweeter fruit mixed in the background. Once it dries it seems like there is green musk to ground this. It is very nice.

In the bottle: Sugary citrus.

Wet on skin: Mmm pure sweet and sour lemon with a tart grapefruit backing it up. THIS is what I wanted CB:IHP's Lemon Tart to smell like on me. Sweet, tart, and juuuust slightly sugary.

Dry on skin: Light floral and some creamy note are peeking over the sharp citrus and slightly taking over. OMG this has somehow turned more or less into Giallo for me. :yum:

Overall: Strange, morphing, absolutely gorgeous scent through every stage and I NEED a bottle!!

I loooove this!

It starts out a tart citrus like grapefruit or yuzu, but sugared and with a bit of a sweet floral (honeysuckle?). But it's mostly a bright sweetened yuzu scent.

After it's been on a while, a musky note comes out. Verrrry interesting. And the citrus is hanging around a lot longer than expected.

It takes a while, but the citrus fades and I swear there is something a bit smoky in this.

This scent is a summer day in a bottle. Bright and uplifting at the beginning, but slowly becoming darker and more subdued as it goes on.

I am so thrilled I gave this a chance. :wub2:

straight sniff from imp reminds me of prescriptives "calyx"...

once applied grapefruit overload...then something strange...

something like a freshly tarred road :ack: ... so interesting!

I'm getting bright fruits and greenness too. There's definitely a bit of citrus, but some other fruit is taking the edge off... I tend to think of citrus as having a bit of a "bite" to it, and that's gone here. It seems lightly sweetened, but with some other fruit rather sugar.

:wub2: :wub2:

This is SO FREAKIN' GOOD! :thud:

Alien Invasion goes on as a grapefruit, starfruit and/or yuzu musk on me. This is fresh, bright and clean feeling. There's a gentle background of floral notes (just the teeniest bit) with a nice base of musk.

BRIGHT is the first word that comes to mind when sniffing this. it's a perfect, refreshing scent for summer. I just love this.

Must...get...hold..of...more...decants...!!

Testing Alien Invasion today from a decant. Wet I'm getting grapefruit. Very bold and tangy. It lasted quite awhile for a citrus scent. Dry down is reminding me of Hawaiian Tropics suntan lotion but more complex. This scent is wonderful for summer.

ETA: While wearing this I kept thinking of one of the Harajuku scents. I have never given the brand a full skin test. I just had some little peel back samples on paper. Alien Invasion was similar to Harajuku Lovers G in the coconut/musk scent I picked up.

Edited by Christi

Alien Invasion is a white floral citrus. as it dries, the floral calms down the citrus a bit. It starts out CITRUSSSSSS and calms down to something I'd wear to feel fresh and clean when it's hot out.

This smells like the Thierry Mugler Alien dupe oils that you can get from a lot of soap making supply shops. TM Alien is a very distinctive, original smell (like sweet yellow floral, warm amber and green musk with citrus tones). It's one of those scents that doesn't really smell like anything else, unless someone was trying to dupe it. Bpal's Alien Invasion smells like one of those dupe oils + some extra grapefruit. I think the same base was used in the 51 blend as well.

Dries down to a bland, plasticy, cheap dupe version of the real deal. The real TM Alien is better...

Edited by Little Bird

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Grapefruit and green mandarin, very juicy, zesty, and citrusy fresh! I also get an underlying green musk/smashed woods base that reminds of 51 & Serpents with Glittering Eyes. A definite relative.

Wet: Sweeter; still tart, slighty bitter and pithy citrus, but I get more juice. This scent smells very green and very sour (sharp and bright as others noted, neon and glowing), but in a particularly delicious way. The musk base underneath is a little smoother than green musk usually is. White grapefruit and green mandarin galore!

Dry: Sweeter, juicier - but almost much more musky, and a little more sharply/greenly so. This is by far the best grapefruit/citrus blend I've tried; it's fantastic and it holds on my skin! The scent has really come together now into harmony, without losing its freshness, surreality, or slight bite.

Later: Oh no. :( It's turning on me, morphing into Vampire from Planet X, with a spicy-woody, dry-hot sharp, potent clove note. I was so happy at first that there was no spice to be seen...now I realise it's the dreaded clove, which I amp to holy hell. There's still a ton of gorgeous citrus and musk, but it's poisoned by the nasty clove.

Summary: Drydown is very similar to Vampire from Planet X's drydown - almost identical. Spicy, woody clove like a blast of hot dry air over zesty green-white citrus and musk. I am really devastated about this evolution - maybe I'll try it in a scent locket?

:cry2:

This is a glowing scent kinda reminds me of Whitechapel, but with lime instead of lemon and less musky. I don't know why but I keep wanting to say there is some coconut in here somewhere, ctrus, and a tiny bit of fizz, and I'm pretty sure it has lime. Sweet interesting scent!

I was all set to buy a bottle (or more) of this after I first applied it. Most fruity scents are death on me, but this starts out as an utterly fantastic juicy citrus on top of sexy, sexy, musk. I think it's musk; smells like it on me and amps WAY up. Very bright and sweet but also a bit sinister and scary; layers of awesomeness.

Alas, like the rest of the DD scents this time around, this one turns to yuck on my skin once it dries. Pretty quickly, this goes dry, powdery, plastic-like, and totally unlike what it was when wet. I don't think I've had any scent ever do such a weird turnaround on me. I'll let it sit for bit, and maybe it will improve enough to justify the bottle. I am pretty devastated about this one. :cry2:

Source: Dark Delicacies website

Bottle: Bright beam of sour citrus - mmm yuzu!

Wet: Straight up, freshly grated lime peel.

Drydown: A bit more fleshy citrus, bright and green, with a dash of zest. This smells exactly how I normally want citrus to smell on me (but it rarely does).

Dry: Bright and slightly sweet, mouth-puckering grapefruit with green undertones.

Overall: I think this one is going to be a favorite for hot summer days.

In the bottle: Bright, flashy green! Like this is what I imagine neon green would smell like; it's amazing!

Wet on my skin: Very bright & citrus-y, not too sweet. Lime & maybe starfruit? Maybe yuzu. There's a muskiness (is that a word?) in the background, but for the most part it's all fruit. Still very green & fizzy :cthulhu:

Drydown: The fruit has calmed & the spicy musk has taken over, like I've opened my spice cabinet after slicing up fresh fruit or opening a ramune soda - & yet I still love it :D

Verdict: Most excellent & perfect for summer! I might need at least an imp or 2 of this in the future...

At first this is kinda fizzy, and I thought it was strawberry. After it dries down a little, it's definitely not strawberry - it's citrus, but I can't say exactly what kind of citrus - just.. "citrus". I think it may be grapefruit, but there might also be a slight bit of lime in there. I wouldn't say it's sweet - more like tart, but not in a sour way.

This is a very 'fresh' scent, not at all what I was expecting from spiced space fruits and tentacle goo.. I guess I thought it would be more dark and sinister but this is actually kinda pretty, in a weird alien fruity kinda way :D

At first it's very sweet red fruit then it's pure bright citrus grapefruit. It starts off nice and sweet, but then it's sharp and powdery at the same time.

Edited by BuxomM

In the imp and on for a few minutes, this is very promising. A beautiful refreshing white grapefruit, absolutely perfect for summer. As it dries, something horrible happens. A sour, putrid stench comes out, and the grapefruit hides into the background. Even cheap department store perfume cannot describe how wrong this has developed. It's like an imitation Axe version of the feminine variety. Basically a cheap body wash kind of blend on me. I blame the tentacle goo and my body chemistry. So sad.

I'm very torn on this. So I get the amazing citrus (esp. on wet - smells like zesty grapefruit, lime, yuzu) cocktail. And its by far the best zestry citrus blend ever (51 is a pale cousin by comparison).

As it dries, it does get more musky and with a touch of clove, and yes, I can see the comparison to the Vampire from Planet X, but without the leather, if I recall correctly which ended up making this smell like... way too manly on me.

And this verges on that. I can already tell that this isn't the kind of blend that Mr. zee zee enjoys....

Ah well.

In vial: mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Warm citrus! Definitely grapefruit, but not sharp or acidic - very soft, warm and enticing. Reminds me of Croquet in Mad Tea Party.

Wet on skin: fresh grapefruit and soft powder. Warm, elegant and musky. A little pith underneath, and some gentle floral notes.

Dry on skin: a soft, pretty mishmash of floral and citrus notes, including a bitter twist of pith, but not at all sharp - more like candied grapefruit peal in lots of powdered sugar, or perhaps a good marmalade. Very good throw! I want more of this.

After a couple more tests: I do like this, but probably not quite enough for a bottle. Short wear length too.

Grapefruit and coconut oil. I don't notice any similarity to Vampire From Planet X (which is one of my Top 10)

Eventually a raspy wood note comes to the fore. Trade bag.

This is a funny funny scent, I am glad I tried it :)