Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

TKO v3 - I like this better than the released version of TKO. The released version is, to me, very heavy on the marshmallow and vanilla sweetness. This prototype is much heavier on the lavender. TKO is one of the few BPAL lavender blends I can wear, so I love that this particular version's lavender isn't drowned out by the other notes. It's a gorgeous scent, very similar to the released version, just heavier on the lavender and lighter on the sweeter notes. I think I'll use this more than my released version.

This TKO will not displease its fans like me. The lavander is there, it`s strong but I don`t find it sharp at all, instead it`s sugary without the marshmallow note. My Bf smelled it and he said he could smell the marshmallow anyway. I sense some other light flower notes in, they are soft and delightful. The drydown is sweet and sugary ending on a ghostly presence of molasses. Oh, I will slather this bottle with sheer abandon, day and night too!

First off, many thanks to me DD fairy MM! :luv2: This TKO I find is a bit more heavier on the lavender, but I still get the marshmallow vanilla in the background. I also think that this is a different lavender, kind of like the one in "The Gladdener of All Hearts", more soft per se and not as sharp as say the lavender in Pontia or other French Lavender blends. This ends up very soft in the end, and quite relaxing. Very nice!

Edited by milo

I got a bottle of this from a lovely forumite (schackjj) who did a prototype contest and apparently read my mind!

As others have said, this version is more lavender and less sugar than the released TKO, though the sweetness is still there in the background- it's just not nearly as "in your face" as in the released version. I also think it's a slightly different lavender- I'd say it's the same as the one in Lilith Victoria, which is a bit smoother to my nose than the one in the released TKO.

Actually, this almost reminds me more of Lilith Victoria in general than it does TKO, though it's not as spicy and complex as LV.

I love it- but I'm going to put myself to sleep if I keep sniffing. :lol:

Edited by lilirose

As others have said, v3 is much more heavy sharp lavender than the released version of TKO. Personally, I prefer the released version because I like my oils softer with vanilla creaminess.

v3 starts out sharp lavender on my skin, but softens as it dries. Once it's completely dry, I do get some vanilla/marshmallow scent mingled with the lavender, but not as much as the released version.

This one is definitely a sharp, herbally lavender. On wet, when first applied, it's almost salty. As it dries, more similarities with the released version come out with hints of marshmallow vanilla.

Honestly, I really adore the released version. I love how it evokes to me large pillowy marshmallow clouds of SLEEP.

The lavender in this is a little too sharp for me to handle.

The lavender is much heavier here than in the released version... and I LOVE it!! The released version is so sweet it hurts my teeth to smell it, but this doesn't give me the same aching sweetness. The lavender is definitely more prominent in the wet stages, and as the scent dries, it blends with the vanilla quite seamlessly, so that it becomes a creamy lavender. It's love, and I'll be hoarding the half decant I was so generously gifted!

Like most people who've already posted, I love love love the sharp lavender and the way it melds seamlessly with the vanilla :) Doesn't change from wet to dry and lasts a good few hours. This is one of the best scents I've tried to far!

This is very odd...

When I sniff TKO v3, I get a sort of green scent. Then it becomes sugary. Like the sugar of Candy Phoenix. The lavender is hanging about but it's Candy Phoenix sugar all the way. Then when I sniff the GC TKO, THAT one smells like fish by comparison! FISH! Very strange.

This is a lovely scent, much lighter than GC TKO. But I think I prefer the released version all the same. Not directly after this, of course (..... FISH?!) :eek:

To me TKO v3 is still the same strong herbal lavender, but the vanilla sweetness is more prominent to my nose than the orginal. It dries down to a creamy, sweetened lavender, which is just fine with me.

Wow, not many reviews here so will add my very first one! (don't know why I've waited since I've been wearing BPAL for a few years or more...). Here goes nothing!

Origin: Will Call 1/30/10

Initial Thoughts: I have an imp of TKO and like it but it’s a little sweet. Works nice with lotion. Having read reviews of TKO V3 stating it has less of the marshmallow scent and more of the lavender I thought it would be worth trying. So it’s late at night and hoping not only does it smell nice (I like lavender) but helps me to have a decent sleep.

In the Bottle: The Lavender is a bit sharp, almost as if it is fighting with the marshmallow. But I know lavender tends to do this while in a liquid state.

Wet: In deed, the lavender is less sharp once applied to the skin. While the marshmallow is still there, the lavender is stronger. I don’t mind this, it’s like trying a lavender scented candy. Leaves me wondering if a little cream scent was added if it would smell like lavender scented white chocolate.

Drydown: Lavender wins but marshmallow is not far behind. This scent does get faint in just a few hours. Still, it’s nice. Many hours later I can still smell the faint scent of lavender.

Verdict. I would say that if someone wanted a lavender scent with a difference, this might be worth a try. I think the sweet marshmallow scent is a nice change from floral scents such as roses that often are mixed with lavender. I personally enjoy this one.

4328616573_6ab9195483_m.jpg

I think I like this better than the released version, though I like that one too, simply because it helps me sleep better! It's probably because of the heavier lavender in it. It smells much more like a lavender herbal sleep remedy than a sweet perfume (like the regular TKO does to me). I like both, but if you want something that will really help you sleep and lavender does it, then this is the blend for you!

I love this because it's equal parts soothing lavender and a really rich and creamy vanilla; maybe vanilla cream, maybe vanilla marshmallow. The lavender itself is pretty strong; makes me think of bona fide French lavender and the scene in Perfume: Story of a Murderer that shows pickers in the lavender fields of Provence. The vanilla holds its own, though, and tempers the lavender so there is no sharp herbal edge. I haven't tried the released version so I can't compare, but I love how this is a foody sleep scent--when I wore it to bed I was actually fighting the urge to sleep just so I could take one more delicious sniff. :yum:

Edited by Invidiana

There's not much that I can add about this scent that hasn't already been said. It's more lavender-y than the released TKO, and not quite as sweet or creamy smelling on me. The lavender is a bit sharper and more herbal smelling than the smooth, sugared lavender that I get from released TKO. It's not quite as unique to me as the released version. This smells like the herbal remedy vanilla-lavender sleep blends that I've had from several different companies (usually in some form of lotion or bath product). I can smell this and not think that it's very unique or bpal-like.

I really love the rich, creamy, sugared sweetness of the released version of TKO, but I do love lavender, so I still like this version as well. I think that I'll keep my decant, but I won't need a full bottle.

This smells like a Lavendar generic perfume. I love the sweet marshmallow scent of TKO. It's okay...but I will definitely stick with my TKO.

This version is more to my liking than the released version, in which the lavender is harsh and there is too much vanilla. It keeps me awake and is very loud, the opposite of its intent.

This version, however, is soft and gentle. I prefer this to the released version, but will stick to a lavender sachet or oil for my restless nights.

Herbal from the vial, coming in with something green and soapiness on my skin. Fresh detergent smell, overall. This does not register to my nose as lavender, for whatever reason.

I've never tried the released version.

Sharp, herbal lavender, but it seems sweeter than my bottles of the released version. TKO v.3 also knocked me out, much like I would expect, but I didn't sleep as hard or as long as I do when I use the released TKO.

TKO-lite...very little throw, and it's soft and sweet but it doesn't have the oomph of the released version.

I'm going to completely agree with the above review. I will add that, in the beginning, I smell what my nose translates as a soft Eucalyptus or a Licorice Mint. They go away as the light Lavender takes over. I think this is a different Lavender than the one used in the released TKO. I'm a huge fan of any Lavender, so I still love this. It has a bit of creamy softness to it, but not the marshmallow-y sweetness of the released version. This will take over on my nightstand for night time application, and I will enjoy it till it's gone. :) I still prefer the released version, but this is good in a different way.

This is the perfect sugary-lavender-vanilla blend. It's truly beautiful. I have no frame of reference for the TKO Panacea that's been released, but for me, this smells exactly like B&BW's "Lavender and Vanilla" aromatherapy line.

Because of that, I really don't need to keep this, but it was an amazing experience wearing it today. I felt soft and feminine, and since I associate the smell with B&BW bubble bath, I also felt very clean. A wonderful blend.

I am destashing this bottle, so I suppose I should share my thoughts on the scent before I forget what it was like.

TKO is one of my favorite scents, and it is the scent of which I have gone through the most bottles (I think I’ve used 5 or 6 by now. It’s hard to keep track as the number keeps going up and I keep giving away empties to those curious about the scent). I like to think of it as cloud of sugared lavender marshmallow goodness (although I suspect there may be mallow root at play and not straight up marshmallow).

TKO v3 is a sugared lavender scent as well. It has the same sugared note found in TKO, but there’s less of it. It’s a different lavender, a stronger one, and there’s this sweetness present that I believe is due to another floral note (violet or something violet-like). The mallow or marshmallow or whatever gives TKO it’s fluffy, marshmallow-like cloud quality is not present in the prototype. It’s been a while since I’ve smelled Erebos, but I think this is more like that scent than the released version of TKO.

I vastly prefer the released version of the scent.

Finally! The TKO I've been looking for. The released version is way too sweet for and overpowering. This version of TKO has a soft, herbal, floral lavender that cuddles with a soft sweetness. The marshmallow and vanilla are subdued and make the scent snuggly instead of "OMG I fell in the vanilla marshmallow vat at the chocolate factory!"