Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
edenssixthday

Citrinitas v4

Citrinitas v4 - When I'm sniffing this in the bottle, it smells like a brighter, juicier, sweeter version of Jingo-Kogo. It strikes me as definitely being the same scent family. When I first sniffed it, I knew I had to get a bottle. What I didn't realize, since I'd been smelling so many other scents at the same time, was that I should have gotten myself more than one bottle! It's amazing. It's bright, sweet, citrus fruits, mostly orange, with a swirl of something sweet and creamy beneath the citrus. I don't think it's vanilla, I think it might be cream -- but it doesn't smell like a creamsicle. I noticed about 90 minutes after I applied it, that I was also catching wafts of very light violet around me. It happened as I was out and about in several locations, so I don't think that violet scent was coming from someone else, but I never could pin it down to the scent on my skin, either. I'll be very curious to see if any other reviewers note a violent component to this blend. The scent has a mild level of throw, but for me, it's got really great staying power. I was actually stressing about what I would do when my bottle of Jingo Kogo is gone, but I don't need to stress anymore because while Citrinitas is certainly not the same blend, it very much evokes the same mood to me as Jingo Kogo. I love it and hope everyone else hates it so there's more for me! :twisted:

Oh, this blend is just breaking my heart. I sniffed it at the trunk show and knew I had to have it-it is a sweet, musky citrus scent-smooth lemony, orangey musk, with maybe a hint of melon in it! Soo lovely!

The only thing that is killing me is that it has almost NO throw. I have to shove my face right up into my wrist to smell it at all, and I like my scents to be more wafty. Beyond that, my skin swallows up most of it really fast and I end up with sweet lemony powder-it's not as rich and complex as it is sniffing it from the bottle. I guess I could try scent locketing it, but it bothers me when I can't just wear scents straight up on my skin ]:

Will probably swap this for some other proto I missed out on that will be better on my skin-this is such an amazing blend, I'm just sorry it didn't work for me!

I'm always amazed how much these oils vary from person to person :lol:

In the Bottle: V. citrusy. Sharp grapefruit in there.

Wet: Sharp to the point of sinus-clearing on me, prob. the grapefruit (keep in mind gfruit is not my friend)

Drydown: Softening down to be kind of generic, can't pick out the gfruit nearly as clearly. Something else is grounding the blend, but my nose isn't sophisticated enough to tell you whether it's musk or not. An hour in, there doesn't seem to be much scent left, but the wearer isn't the best judge of wearlength and no one is around to tell me ;)

I love this! In the Dark Delicacies thread Tramp called it "watermelon musk" so I tried really hard to picture than when I finally put Citrinitas on, but I get a strong Sweet Tarts vibe instead. Up close it seems like orange to me, maybe with a hint of melon. The net effect is a cheerful orange scent. It's light on throw, but I am still catching it (i'm in exceedingly powerful air conditioning at the moment), and up at skin level it's very present.

Unlike Lamia v.3, which seemed a little unbalanced, Citrinitas seems like it could have been sold as a perfume as it is. And there are so few orange scents that it would have been a welcome addition!!!

In the bottle this smells like pale lemons, tangerine and club soda.

On my skin this is a very light citrus scent. It sort of reminds me of Kunstkammer...just fizzier and brighter.

The dry down is similar to Golden Wave on me, very subdued, gentle citrus notes. I'm also detecting a possible floral note in this as it dries? Possibly jasmine? The longer this is on my skin the more the citrus notes begin to fade and I can pick out the other notes a lot easier. Maybe a bit of ginger? Jasmine? and...amber (the kind that was in House of Mirrors)?

Cirtinitas is really nice! This is a really pretty, light summer scent on my skin :)

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Oranges and spice - reminds me a lot of Constant Comment tea, actually.

Wet: Tarter, some lemon too. Now the lemon, orange and spice combo reminds me of mulled cider, as that's how I make mine. Clove for sure. A little sweeter and spicier, too.

Dry: Maybe some ginger as well as the clove? There are definitely a few different spices; it has a complex blend. The orange is sweet and mild, the lemon juicy and bright.

Later: Orange fading (aww) but lemon amping or else just holding on strongly. The spices are less pungent, smoother. Gingered citrus drydown - very pleasant.

Summary: Spice is fading, oddly. And while this is still mostly lemon, the juicy orange is still holding decently. It reminds me very much of the note in Orange. It doesn't remind me at all of Jingo-Kogo, however. Dismal longevity.

This starts out as a nice bright yellow kinda scent. It's citrus-y, but not acidic. It's soft and musky and pretty. I'm pretty sure there's some vanilla in here too, maybe vanilla musk. While it starts out a little candy-ish, it dries down soft and musky, with the vanilla musk as its base. This is the part that lasts the longest, the citrus burns away fairly quickly. Absolutely love it, and the dry down vanilla musk reminds me of something. Not sure what yet, though.

I like citrus blends, so I fairly enjoy this one. This has that tangerine/satsuma citrus note that I love in Velvet Tiger, but its got some spice at the bottom. I'm guessing some clove and maybe a touch of ginger.

Freaking love this. Seriously.

Need more. Now.

in the vial: tangerines and cake

on skin: the tangerine fades out almost completely and I get vanilla cake and ginger.

it's nice, but I would probably never choose to wear it for a whole day.

Citrinitas

In the imp: citrus! I can’t say what citrus but it reminds me a little bit of the Olive Branch.

Wet on skin: very citrus-y, lots of bergamot and mandarin.

Dry on skin: this is gorgeous. Simply put, this is the Olive Branch, BPAL style. Yup, I am not kidding, this smells very similar. Olive Branch is one of my favourite Lush scents so it’s wonderful to smell something like it in BPAL. It is bergamot, orange blossom, mandarin and white musk, bright and vivid and sparkling. Granted, this doesn’t smell identical to OB, I have to say. The citrus in here is sharper and fizzier, for starters. There’s a scent to it that reminds me of cologne, and this could turn funny on me, but for now it is behaving. There’s also a hint of something seltzer-y as well.

After a while: this has morphed dramatically, and not in a good way I’m afraid. I don’t smell anything remotely like Olive Branch now. I still smell bergamot, and maybe some lemon verbena, but I also smell a plastic-y floral scent and a strange chalky sugary smell. There’s something a little herbal. Whatever this smells like, it isn’t sitting right on me. There is some guava, it seems, which I do like but it is soft. But this just seems to have gone wrong on me.

Verdict: this was so promising at the start-I thought I’d found the BPAL version of Olive Branch. A similar blend of fresh citrus/orange blossom with a grounding base of smooth white musk. it smelt fantastic, lively and cheerful citrus blossom and musk with an underlying fizz. But sadly, then it goes bad. It turns to a strange floral-citrus plastic and odd powdery base, and not a nice powder, it’s almost like plaster or cardboard, with a bitter flower note. Whilst it’s a shame this didn’t work out, I’m rather glad it didn’t because I don’t need to hunt down more of this HTF scent.

Emoticon rating: :huh?:

Is it a keeper? sadly not.

I sniffed this at the Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Citrusy with sugar. Much like lime Skittles.

I didn't have too much of this to test, but it smells just like orange sweet tarts on me. I'm not getting any of the fizz or complexity that others have mentioned. It's fakey-sweet, candied orange and that powdery candy smell. It's slightly bitter at first and then more powdery in the drydown. The whole thing fades quickly (lasted about an hour on me), but I only had a drop to apply and thus could not slather, lol.

Sweet, mild orange. Doesn't smell too much like candy or anything, it's just a sweet, lovely perfume. No throw though (the previous poster was right!).

Dry, astringent citrus. Smells like a hospital, sort of antiseptic + cleanser. As it dries I swear I'm picking up faint honey. Also it's becoming powdery.

Not for me.

I love this! Very bright, sweet, sparkling citrus, a little creaminess, it goes slightly powdery as it dries, possibly some amber and light musk. I agree with the similarity to Lush's Olive Branch, but I love this much more. It smells like the most delicious cocktail! I usually don't go for these type of fresh citrus scents, but this wonderful! :wub2:

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed.

In the bottle: Bright, fruity, but also creamy with floral overtones.

Wet: Orangey, but offbeat, like yuzu or kumquat. There's something flat in it, like maybe orchid, that gives it the creamy base and pungent top note. Compelling.

Half an hour: Smooth creamy floral with citrus overtones. This smells very Asian to me, like the lunar new year scents.

One hour: This smells very much like Vampire Tears to me right now.

Two and a half hours: Smooth, powdery, sweet, faintly floral. The citrus overtones are barely perceptible. This stage reminds me a bit of Giant Vulva and Velvet Nudie.

Three and a half hours: That powder is amber, I think. This has gone over to a sweet, gentle, faintly floral powdery amber scent.

Six hours: Still light, slightly floral, powdery amber. Very sweet, cheerful, warm, creamy. I usually can't wear orange notes, but this one worked fine. I like it more than I thought I would.