Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Candied, sweet oranges! So yummy! To me, it is close to Jingo-Kogo, yet this one does not have as much creaminess. It is more sugary than creamy.

On the skin: Exactly the same as in the bottle! Also, this scent actually lasts quite a bit on me for an orangey scent! Yay!

One of my favorite scents of the night!!

I agree--sweet, citrusy, like a bowl of sugared oranges or biting into a juicy orange candy. Not really creamy but definitely sweet. Very beautiful!

PL176 - I don't smell the "candied" quality this scent at all, as both previous viewers noted. I smell tons and tons of bitter orange peel balanced by a bit of sweet, fresh-squeezed orange juice. The orange peel aspect of this reminds me a lot of Moxie, only I think this is better because it doesn't have the kick that Moxie has. It's a deep, dark orange scent, and really, really amazing. Lovers of Moxie will love this one.

Maybe my nose is broken?? See below review.

In the Bottle: Lemon sugar. Srsly.

Wet: Lemon rind, pure lemon rind (and I know what it smells like)!

Drydown: Morphs to floral soapiness. Woe :(

May try this in a locket...

You know the smell of an orange being peeled? The tangy orange rind, combined with the sweet juices of the actual fruit? Take that, plus a little soft musk, and you have PL176.

LOVE this. :wub:

Edited by scrappy

Where are my candied oranges? :cry: There's a bit of orange in this when it's first applied, but then it turns to musky, almost cloying orange blossom - or what I'm pretty sure is orange blossom. There's still something orange to it, but it's heavy and floral and musky, and I keep thinking there's honey to it, even though nothing is quite doing honey's magical pee-trick on my arm. If it's orange, it's orange that's been hanging out in a hippie clothing store, getting doused in musky "sensual" perfumes. I wish I got what everyone else did! ;)

The fabulous edenssixthday gifted me with a testable sniffie of this prototype. On my skin, I am getting oranges and almost a lemon citrus. I can understand the candied orange references in the previous reviews. Very light and pleasant scent. I hope to find a full bottle one of these days. :D

I got a generous sniffie of this from Catseyes. :heart:

In the imp: orange!!

Wet on my skin: more like orange peel now. Or orange plus something else. It kind of reminds me of Xiuhtecuhtli (which I love!)

Drying: sweet orange. I've never smelled candied orange peels but I imagine this is what they smell like. The 'something else' is gone now.

Dry: purely sweet orange with maybe the suggestion of something I can't pin down underneath. I like it! :D

This is a beautiful soft, sweet orange. I'm sure there's something else in there, but I'm not getting any sense of creaminess or musk.

On my skin, it's not as rich/deep as the Gaiman orange, nor a creamy candy type like Albedo, it's just a lovely soft sweet orange. Oh, I said that already :lol:

The wonderfully fabulous bookandbroom provided me with a bit of this. Thank you m'dear! :wub:

PL176 is BIG ASSSSS oranges! :lol: It smells like stright up orange essential oil at first and, as it dries something else starts to bloom in the background (orange blossom perhaps?)

I agree with everyone else when they say there's a bit of "creaminess" to this (almost similar to a creamcicle...but heavier on the orange).

This is bright, sunny, citrus and happy. It sort of reminds me of the orange essential oil bathroom spray (I know that sounds gross but it's the kind made with real oranges and actually smells really nice). Unfortunately citrus notes don't last too long on my skin but this does smell really lovely while it's there :)

Yum. This one is a lemon/orange sugary blend. On wet, it smells more like lemon, but as it dries it actually smells more like an orange, but given that orange just about dies on my skin, I'm beginning to suspect it's either satsuma or even tangerine instead of regular orange. It's pretty faint on me after a while, but nice while it lasts. :D

oh for the love of citrus! I really love the smell of freshly peeled oranges. This is a bright true citrus. There is a sugar note and a musk that comes out on my skin. After a little while it's less orange rind and more orange juice. It does fade really fast, it's unfortunate.

I didn't have much of this oil to test, and it's very light and fades quickly on me, but I'd definitely agree that it smells orangey while it lasts. It starts off a bit bitter on my skin, but quickly dries down to a juicy orange smell, with perhaps a bit of a sugared edge. It's very nice and cheery, but only lasts about 20 minutes on me...

I'll agree with the above posters -- it's candy orange citrus scent, though I wouldn't go so far as to call it "creamy." I do think that there is a tiny bit of either vanilla or musk in here. It smells like orange smarties to me. Definitely not something I would want a bottle of, but I'm grateful for the sniffy I received!

PL 176 smells exactly like peeling an orange, with the droplets of juice spraying in the air, filling your space with a refreshing scent. And for once, an orange blend that doesn't go powdery on me.

Although, I could have sworn that it was lime when I first smelled it. Silly nose!

Orange and something else I can't quite put my finger on. Slightly perfumey, slightly powdery, but also slightly sweet? A little tinge of the almost foody perfumeyness from Nepthys v3. Not working for me.

Oh my goodness. This is wonderful. Sweet juicy tart orange that gets a touch powdery sweet on me without being particularly sugary or candy like. Reminds me a bit of slightly sweet orange juice with a touch of effervescence! YUM! I love this! Why didn't I get bottles and bottles and bottles of it!!!

Smells like those 1980's scratch and sniff stickers for orange. Really, just like that.

To me it's a bright sunny orange scent. Zesty and sunny with a hint of sugar.

Very fun scent. Great for summer too.

Yeah, other reviewers have said it. Orange. I got this based off the comparison to NG's Orange. A bit disappointed here as this is not like it in the end, at least on my skin.

This starts out as bitter orange peel. Crazy realistic and ORANGE. Wet on the skin, the bitter peel recedes someand a sweet orange juice joins it, becoming the more dominant note. A really warm, almost manly musk joins this along with....CLOVE. You know how you stick cloves in oranges to infuse things when cooking. This is the smell of that orange. That orange with the peel still on, oozing juice after being stuck with a few cloves; not a lot of cloves, but definitely a few.

While NG Orange goes from the peel of an orange to an orange blossom scent on drydown, this combines the peel, the juice, and a few cloves (and perhaps musk; not sure on that note anymore) to end things. It's a very nice scent but I'm really not a fan of cloves.

This went sharp like Lolita on my skin right when I applied it - and I thought it was going to be too strong, but then it fades into a bright and sparkling orange scent - very candyish - with just a *hint* of a creamy undertone.  Yum!  So pretty :wub2:

Edited by pinkgyrl

On me, this starts off like as very realistic, just peeled orange/tangerine type scent, dry and zesty, almost bitter, with just a hint of sweetness. I can't say I like it too much at this stage, I was hoping for the candy sweet orange that others got. Suddenly, this masculine-type scent start to amp, almost spicy cologne-like, could very well be cloves that saralaughs mentioned getting. There might also be some light benzoin (it reminds me slightly of Lilith vs. the Giant Crab) and very light musk in here. It finally settles into a strong citrusy, orangey, soft spicy cologne on me. It basically smells like if I'd just spilled a ton of orange juice on someone wearing a spicy men's cologne. :lol: I really like it overall, but I wish it had a lot ,less of that orange note.

eta 8/13 I wore Bakeneko today and it reminded me of the soft, spicy, slightly masculine background scent plus some of the citrus I get from this one, it's possible they share a few similar notes.

Edited by cfrancesca

I've had this for a while. I'm surprised I forgot to review this. I think I read other reviews, and kept hoping I would try it and like it.

Yes, definitely orange. I'm a huge orange lover. I grew up in Southern California, eating oranges straight from the orange groves. I have high expectations. On my skin, this ends up smelling like oranges soaking in water and an older man's cologne that's sweet. Overall, it's kinda gross to me. I would attribute this on the masculine side, but I know most people would disagree with me. It might just be a note that my chemistry is turning it into something masculine.