Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lauramw71

Anything laundryish?

51 smells like a (better) version of the laundry detergent aisle at the grocery store to me (I love that smell too!). It's very fresh and pretty without being overwhelmingly floral, IMO.

Sundew is also a good "clean" scent, though it's hard to describe. It's a little soapy, a little ambery, a little lemony, and maybe a little aquatic? It was one of my first (and favorite) BPAL's, but I still can't pinpoint it for the life of me.

I love laundry scents! Could we get some more recs in? Unlike the OP I'm looking for something that smells like fresh laundry (as opposed to something to scent laundry with, if that makes sense).

I've tried some of the scents listed here but they were either too aquatic (Sea of Glass) or too floral (Dirty). An example of what l would consider a wonderful laundry scent would be Antique Lace- it may straddle the foodie, but it just makes me feel clean. It's that linen/cotton note. Is there anything quite like it amongst all the other scents out there?

I love laundry scents! Could we get some more recs in? Unlike the OP I'm looking for something that smells like fresh laundry (as opposed to something to scent laundry with, if that makes sense).

I've tried some of the scents listed here but they were either too aquatic (Sea of Glass) or too floral (Dirty). An example of what l would consider a wonderful laundry scent would be Antique Lace- it may straddle the foodie, but it just makes me feel clean. It's that linen/cotton note. Is there anything quite like it amongst all the other scents out there?

Wensleydale (Gaiman > Good Omens) comes to mind immediately. The White Rabbit too, although that's not a purely linen/cotton scent, it is in there in the background.

I've put off Wensleydale due to all the soapy comparisons (haha fresh laundry > bar of soap) but it's on my list! I've tacked on 51 too. White Rabbit could have been lovely but the milk quite literally soured it for me.

Okay maybe I'm crazy, but Rapunzel turns into laundry soap or fabric softener to me once I've been wearing it for an hour or so. I haven't tested it on anyone else to see if this is just my skin, but it smells lovely!

As for all the White Rabbit rec's, I don't get the clean linen note out of it at all. It's the only note that doesn't come forward after it's dry.

Edited by Tiada

I recently discovered The Zieba Tree (reviews here). It has no "linen" note, but to me it smells just like fresh laundry dried in the sun.

Have you tried Boo, a Weenie from 2009 and 2010? Like Antique Lace it's a fabric-vanilla scent (cotton, cream, vanilla I think), although I haven't heard anyone say that the two are similar.

Glasgow reminds me very much of freshly washed and dried clothes, but it doesn't have a linen component (notes are wind, heather, and blackberry IIRC).

Edited by animalcule

you could try to find a bottle of BLack Lace thats mentioned as the "apple" version. Its a much stronger linen component, pretty lovely actualyl =)

Thank you for all the suggestions! Will be getting some imps all of the scents listed, TP'D Tree aside- must try and hunt some of that down. I have tried both Boo'09 and Black Lace (new/apple version) but get no cotton from either of them. I don't think I even get any vanilla from BL. Clearly my skin enjoys eating up the foody fabrics.

If you're looking for a "fresh fabric" type smell, I'd say try Zephyr. I just got it and whenever I put it on I feel like I'm laying on a big fluffy sun-warmed blanket, on a big antique bed, laying in the sunlight in a south-facing attic bedroom on a dry-hot day. It's probably the most evocative scent I've tried, in terms of visualization, I don't usually interpret scents visually but this one just sticks with me. The dry-heat, sun-warmed blanket smell might be something you'd like though. :)

If you're looking for a "fresh fabric" type smell, I'd say try Zephyr. I just got it and whenever I put it on I feel like I'm laying on a big fluffy sun-warmed blanket, on a big antique bed, laying in the sunlight in a south-facing attic bedroom on a dry-hot day. It's probably the most evocative scent I've tried, in terms of visualization, I don't usually interpret scents visually but this one just sticks with me. The dry-heat, sun-warmed blanket smell might be something you'd like though. :)

Ohh that description! :wub2: I'd actually been meaning to get an imp of Zephyr for a little while but never got around to it. I need to order myself some though! Especially now you've told me that it transports you to sunny attic bedrooms with warm fluffy blankets...

I'm kind of in love with Enraged Bunny Musk; it's like snuggling up in sweet, fluffy white towels and perfect for bedtime, but it's not the easiest thing to stock up on. Just wondering if any of the lovely folks who've tried it have any recs for an alternative.

I definitely want to try Boo when it comes back around but in the meantime I've been eyeing Boober. Has anyone tried EBM & Boober? Curious about Dirty and Wensleydale too but Boober and Boo sound closer to the fluffy softness of Enraged Bunny Musk from the descriptions :)

Boober definitely has that clean laundry feel going on maybe in a slightly more floral way. It's heavy on the linden note. I love clean scents and it's a favorite of mine. I've tried Enraged Bunny Musk and I prefer Boober to it.

I haven't tried Enraged Bunny Musk but I will always jump on an opportunity to sing Boober's praises. It's sweet and clean, and the linden blossom is so beautiful.

Edited by roseus

Boober definitely has that clean laundry feel going on maybe in a slightly more floral way. It's heavy on the linden note. I love clean scents and it's a favorite of mine. I've tried Enraged Bunny Musk and I prefer Boober to it.

I haven't tried Enraged Bunny Musk but I will always jump on an opportunity to sing Boober's praises. It's sweet and clean, and the linden blossom is so beautiful.

Excellent, thanks guys :) Will have to get me some Boober. I love linden blossom absolute so fingers crossed BPAL's linden note is similar.

Probably strange but I actually adore Sherlock because it comes off as a fresh and clean coat or blanket to me?

It smells like clean, fuzzy linens to me! It could just be what my skin does to it, though.

I just feel really clean and like I'm wrapped in the best blanket when I wear it!

Excellent, thanks guys :) Will have to get me some Boober. I love linden blossom absolute so fingers crossed BPAL's linden note is similar.

I have now tried Enraged Bunny Musk, and while Boober is not fluffy it's sweeter than EBM on me.

Probably strange but I actually adore Sherlock because it comes off as a fresh and clean coat or blanket to me?

It smells like clean, fuzzy linens to me! It could just be what my skin does to it, though.

I just feel really clean and like I'm wrapped in the best blanket when I wear it!

Oooh, I'll have to look into that. Loved the idea of a Sherlock scent but the notes didn't immediately grab me *heads off to scout reviews*

I have now tried Enraged Bunny Musk, and while Boober is not fluffy it's sweeter than EBM on me.

*Opens wallet... pouts... soon my pretty, soon*

New Snow in the Avenue from this year's Yule collection is an extremely pretty sugar-crusted plum, lily, and metric ton of white laundry musk scent. I am considering a full bottle, even though it is not my usual style.

The GC scent Come To Me reminds me of laundry soap. It is not unpleasant - no sharp ozone or anything like that - it just reminds me of laundry day. Like some old-fashioned cleaning soap with a light herbal scent.

Edited by crimescenecleanup