Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
silvertarna

Cherry blossom

I couldn't find a post covering this - apologies if this is a duplicate. I love the cherry blossom note in Kyoto, but haven't tried many blends which contain this. Anyone got a favourite cherry blossom blend they could point me towards? Many thanks!

I couldn't find a post covering this - apologies if this is a duplicate. I love the cherry blossom note in Kyoto, but haven't tried many blends which contain this. Anyone got a favourite cherry blossom blend they could point me towards? Many thanks!

Voyeurs Among Cherry Blossoms and Jingo are my favorites! I think Cherry Blossoms are in Hanami, too.

I didn't like Kyoto very much because of the anise, but I'm a huge fan of cherry blossom scents. Some of my favorites are

Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms: Soft moss, vanilla musk, and cherry blossom.

I think this smells like cologne to some people, but it's soft and delicate on me.

Hanami: Sakura, ume blossoms, and wisteria.

The plum blossoms smell rather like the fruit, and the wisteria adds a coolness to the blend.

The Spell of Amorous Love: Red currant, plum flowers, sake, green tea, and cherry blossom.

Fruity!

Jingu: Sakura, white orchid, mandarin, bamboo, red sandalwood, plum blossom, and lilac.

Haven't worn this enough yet to get a good handle on it, but I love it.

Those are all LEs, though. For GCs, you could check the Salon. I haven't tried any of those yet, though, so no impressions.

Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree: Cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear.

The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child: White tea, cherry blossom, wisteria, star jasmine, and teak.

The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa: Black tea, cherry blossom, ho wood, calla lily, rice wine, and white mint.

The only other GC with cherry blossom is:

Aizen-Myoo: Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea.

Hope that helps!

ETA: Jinx, chaismolokom!

I really love Kyoto. It's so fresh and sophisticated without being cloying. My favourite cherry blossom, however, is:

The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa Black tea, cherry blossom, ho wood, calla lily, rice wine, and white mint.

It's a sexy, pretty, skin close, almost skin musky cherry blossom. I adore it.

There are a few other GC cherry blossoms as well:

Aizen-Myoo Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea.

Tried this early in my BPAL travels. I recall the tea being very strong and astringent.

Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree Cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear

Haven't tried it. Seems like it will be rather subdued and "blue" in scent.

The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child White tea, cherry blossom, wisteria, star jasmine, and teak.

Another I haven't tried but rereading the notes I definitely want to.

Edited by paperrose

The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa sounds amazing, and I'll definitely be out to try that one! The Spell of Amorous Love also sounds amazing, and I'll try and get hold of some of it. Aizen-Myoo didn't really work for me unfortunately. It's a shame cherry blossom is such an uncommon note, but now I have a few things I know I want to try. Thanks a lot, everyone :smile:

Dragon Moon 06 is my fave it is not around any more partly as it is discontinued partly as i bought a fair amount of it from people on here :lol: there maybe some around still not sure.

I also really like Hamani iam a cherry blossom fan too i have moost of the ones others have listed too.

I looked up Dragon Moon '06, and it's definitely going on the wishlist! Here are the notes, for the curious:

Dragon Moon 2006: Dragon's blood resin, tea leaf, bamboo reed, sandalwood and cherry blossom.

Speaking of my wishlist, there's another cherry blossom scent there:

Neo-Tokyo: A scent that captures a meeting of the serenity and elegance of ancient Japan, the vibrant, shining, neon-lit and ultra-modern splendor of today's Tokyo and the fantastic electric fantasyland of post-modern manga fantasy. Urban metallics and an ozone-tinged breath of electric light mingled with reedy bamboo, crisp mountain air, cherry blossoms, delicate orchid and a splash of playful, wet fruits.

Very unfortunately discontinued and rarish, but there's still some floating around, so I'm keeping my hopes up!

i was going to suggest neo-tokyo, even though it's rare because it's just so perfect. i just sniffed it again the other day and it is beautiful.

I LOVE Cherry Blossom!

I personally find Jingu (though I love it) to not be very sakura-y dominant.

Voyeurs amongst the Cherry Blossoms is very lovely, but again, I get more "other notes" with that one.

Hanami, on the other hand, I LOVE that bottle, and it'd be my "go to" scent if I just wanted to smell like Cherry Blossom.

I love cherry blossoms! So here's my take on the ones I've tried:

Voyeurs among the cherry blossoms: fluffy pink cherry blossoms, like the cartoony kind you see on futons. Fabulous and sweet. One of my all-time favorites.

Spirit of the komachi cherry tree: cherry blossom + pear. Pink + lavender. Just about the most beautiful thing imaginable. Extremely girly in a really not-irritating way.

Aizen-myoo: beautiful and amazing but very very soft on me, or I'd love it more. Citrusy cherry blossom fabulousness.

Jingu is a lot more plum blossom to me, but is very nice.

Spell of amorous love is gorgeous and smells like the hama rikyu gardens in tokyo to me, so I have happy honeymoon memories wrapped up in it. It's very fruity and floral. But it's much more of a bunch of japanesey outdoorsy smells mixing together, like in a garden, rather than the smell of cherry blossoms falling.

Fox woman was kind of nondescript to me, but that might just be my skin chemistry.

So, basically, voyeurs is one of my top favorite favorite favorites of all time, and komachi cherry tree is way up there, too. Those are much more obviously cherry blossomy. Aizen-myoo and Jingu and Spell of amorous love are awesome blends of cherry blossom with other stuff.

I love cherry blossom scents! (As might be guessed by my handle here, I suppose.) I have, and love most of the ones mentioned about, especially Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms, Hanami, Jingu, The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child, and Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree, as well as Aizen-Myoo.

More recent scents include Reflected Vulva (Sweet pea, cherry blossoms, and sugared cream), one of my very favorites, but unfortunately it's highly sought after and hard to find these days. It's deliciously sweet and almost frothy. Another Lupercalia scent from that year, There is a Garden in Her Face, is a soft floral that also includes cherry blossom, but to me it's clean, gentle, and the other florals are more dominant (Cherry blossoms, pink roses, and graceful white lilies under a sheen of pale honey). Poisson d'Avril 2012 is another soft, sugared, sweet floral scent that includes cherry blossom, but again, it doesn't strike me as dominant there (though it is a lovely scent, both years, though I think only 2012 includes cherry blossom). Another one of my favorites is Aphrogenês (Orris root, iris, white honey, white sandalwood, coconut, and cherry blossom), which is a soft, gently sexy scent that actually does strike me as showcasing the cherry blossom a bit. There's also The Phoenix in Spring (Dandelion florets, cherry blossom, spring wildflowers, and myrrh), which is a fresher, greener, and deeper cherry blossom scent. Cheshire Moon (2008 and 2013) is a very fresh, fruity scent with cherry blossom, but it doesn't stand out to my nose. And then there was The Elephant's Leash (Peach blossoms and cherry blossoms with red musk, Oaxacan amber, copal, lilac, and white sandalwood) which is a bit deeper and more resiny. Bakeneko (which is also a bit rare, I believe), also has cherry blossom, but it strikes me as more of a spice scent (Warm amber musk, Satsuma tangerine, black tea leaf, cardamom, cherry blossom, and cinnamon).

I haven't tried this one, but Before the Snowy Window (Snow-dusted cherry blossom, passion flower, peach musk, and tuberose) also has cherry blossom. Pink Mood also has it (Vanilla, star anise, cherry blossom, peony, violet leaf, and neroli) alongside anise, a bit like the GC Kyoto.

Those are all LEs, but there's also the new unimpable GC in the Kabuki line, Little Sister is Watching You, which is a very pure cherry blossom scent with a hint of electricity/aldehydic notes. I love that one!

There are also a couple of cherry blossom scents available in the current Lupercalia update!

First Cry of the Warbler on the Plum - Wild plum, blackcurrant, honeyed green tea, wisteria, and a flutter of cherry blossoms.

The Instructional Manual - Cherry blossoms falling into folds of red musk, bourbon vanilla, and strawberry cream.

There are also a couple of cherry blossom scents available in the current Lupercalia update!

First Cry of the Warbler on the Plum - Wild plum, blackcurrant, honeyed green tea, wisteria, and a flutter of cherry blossoms.

The Instructional Manual - Cherry blossoms falling into folds of red musk, bourbon vanilla, and strawberry cream.

I was so excited to see both of these scents in the update. Instant bottles! I love me some cherry blossom.