Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Eutectic

Liz

A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather.

Vial: Smoky vanilla floral
On: Ahh, there's the leather. Vanilla and sweet, white floral notes with smoky leather in the background. Very nice so far.
Later: This is Snow White in a dominatrix getup smoking a vanilla-flavored filterless cigarette. It has pretty good staying power and the scent stays true once the leather has come out completely. I enjoy this quite a bit, and it goes on the bottle list

Oh killmenow. :thud:

Liz is sweet, sweet vanilla with a bit of floral going on wet. You know that just applied Antique Lace smell? Yeah, that is Liz. Only Liz is naughty. As it dries, the vanilla stays nice and sweet (as in AL) but leather comes into play with a bit of smoke (not a lot...just a bit).

Imma need a bottle. Or two.

There's a very pretty soft vanilla in this in the vial and when it's fresh, but the leather very quickly comes out and after it does that's nearly all I can smell. Leather, a bit of smoke, and a perfumey/sweetness underneath all of that. It's great if you love leather but I can wear it only under very controlled circumstances and this isn't one of them. It does have nice throw!

In the imp, I can smell the floral perfume and just a hint of vanilla that other people have mentioned. However, once i put it on, those quickly fade, and I smell strongly of smoke- like a lot. :( Too much for me..this is hopefully headed to someone who doesn't amp the smoke.

This is one of my new favorites. It reminds me of an old fashioned high end perfume. Soft, delicate, sweet, feminine and bad ass all wrapped up into one. Incredibly well blended.

This is Morocco with smoke and leather. The smoke was pretty dominant on my skin for a good chunk of the wear time, and the leather was a little strong for about an hour after application. When it finally settled in, yup, this is a smoky leathered Morocco.

Bottle smells like: light vanilla leather..I like it.

Wet: I think if you put a vanilla bean in a smoker, this is what the bean would smell like afterward.

Dry: Sort of like the wet stage but with a hint of perfume-ness ..it has the faint flowery smell and the leather came back to play a little.

Overall..I'd say I do like it, It reminds me of a 'going out and shooting pool with the boys' scent.

On me, the leather dominates and I get this huge leather cloud, and its the same leather like note as in de Sade (hence, black leather) with the tiniest hint of vanilla floating about.

Pass.

Liz is quite possibly my signature scent! I wear it and it just shines! The notes resolve into mostly vanilla florals, with an undertone of smoke and a hint of leather; it's the same wet, dry and hours into the scent (it lasts a good 4-5 hours). I purchased a decant of Liz when she first came out, and I've managed to go through a decant in a month. A MONTH! It's just that good :D

Wow, this is some scent. It mostlt leather and smoke, with a bit of sweetness in the background. This is definitely not a demure or delicate scent.

As it dries the leather calm down a bit and the vanilla comes out more and it's more balanced. On me, it reminds me of a female version of Sacrifice.

I really, really like this and need to get a bottle asap. :wub2:

Edited by Femme_Fatale

Liz started off very traditional floral- in a light, sweet way, not a heavy way. The vanilla and florals took the front seat during the dry down, but once totally dry, Liz turned to smoke and leather with a bit of sweet floral under it. This is a really dry scent on me, and I am really sad that the vanilla disappeared once it dried. I will have to try this one again, in a full-on all day wearing kind of way and hope for the best. This has all of my favorite notes, so it would be a tragedy if it didn't work out :(.

I loved this the first hour, when it was balanced between the smoke and leather and under that, very pretty hint of creamy flowers, but eventually, the leather began to dominate everything else. But while it held that balance, this was a really evocative scent--sexy, dangerous, tough--all of it. A really great concept blend that felt like wearing a piece of Liz costume.

i love this! it's a very soft, feminine vanilla on me, different from any of the other bpal vanillas i've tried! definitely going to get a bottle :wub:

i bought a bottle of this, because this definitely sounded like a me-scent. however, now that i'm testing it, i am on the fence about it. it's like a soft vanilla, with florals i can't quite make out mixed with smoke. the smoke comes out very strong on my skin, and slightly too strong at first. however, after it fades a bit and balances with the vanilla-floral, it's quite nice. i think i'll have to re-try it again before i decide to keep it for sure.

Just got my decant of this in from a swap; really, really eager to test it out, and I'm currently hoping to god it works on me. In the decant, I'm getting smoky floral leather, not so much the vanilla. Once on my skin, it's predominantly leather, so far, with a vague hint of florals and maybe vanilla and smoke. Oh, wow. This may be the most amazing leather scent on me to date. And later the vanilla starts to come out as well, mixing this and making this absolutely gorgeous.

Yeah, this is definitely going to be a bottle. I'd had this as something to put on my next big order, but I'm still glad I got a decant to be absolutely sure.

Also. I put this on at about... 1 in the afternoon, a medium application from the decant. It was still there around 11 PM. This is the longest a BPAL scent has ever lasted on me.

Edited by Venneh

This is a floral vanilla on my skin with a hint of smoke. Later there are random swirls of leather thrown in. i like it, and think it will get better with a little aging.

I mostly smell leather in this with some smoke and softness. The leather smells like the one in Hellfire. I like it, but it's not my favorite leather scent.

This is really feminine and pretty. It's a little floral, but not overpowering. It's sweet, but not too sweet. The leather note is a true leather, stronger at first and fading into the sweet floral vanilla. For some reason, this smells a lot like Black Butterfly Moon to me, with a little leather mixed in. I will probably try to finagle a bottle of this in between the Yules, Phoenixes, Resurrected scents and next act of Carnival Diabolique. My head is going to explode.

I got no smoke, and the vanilla floral perfume was faintly present at first and then faded.

Mostly what I smell is buttery soft suede, like a cuddly blanket that's all fleece on one side and suede on the other. I have a fake fur blanket that is exactly that, made to look like fleece and suede, but better because it is softer and machine washable. I was wearing Liz, and wrapped in the blanket, and thinking that the blanket should smell like that.

Probably as it ages the vanilla will be more present on me, but, I expect I will still like it and consider it cuddly.

This might just be my Holy Grail. THIS is what I've been looking for: the most absolutely perfect vanilla/leather/smoke perfume. Starts off with high florals, which are gorgeous while they're there and bring a certain creaminess to the blend until they fade away to something so sexy and androgynous. I think I need about ten more bottles.

Note: next to zero throw on me. This is a skin scent - something for which people need to earn the right to get close enough to sense.

Wet: Leathery and smoke. That's all I get in the bottle. Not so suuuure.

On: OMG. I could smell my wrist all day, ALLLLL DAY. I love it. The vanilla comes out and gets a little flowery, but not overly so. Mixed with the smokey scent and the leather, it rounds out very nicely. I thought I'd hate it as soon as I put it on, but it really turned out to be quite perfect.

New favorite! Putting it on my bottle list!

Edited by lepetitmonstre

Wow, this is pretty much all smoke on me, and not a pleasant one. :cry2: I'm thinking I must amp smoke, as this has happened before. Every so often I'll get a whiff of floral vanilla, and it is quite pleasant, and the leather is pretty much non existent, though I do catch the odd whiff here and there. I will re-visit Liz in a couple of days, as she's had a long journey, but right now, she is a no go.

this so sweet, floral vanilla-y i couldn't stand it the first half hour. but after that it mellows down, and it's still vanilla but soft and pleasanter. not sure if i'll keep the half bottle i have though, it's the first half hour that's killer, but we'll see. i get leather sometimes, but no smoke.

I was a little weary about Liz because the combination of leather and smoke sounds like it would be up to no good on my skin but I love the character so I had to get it.

In bottle: All sharp floral. Hmm... not really what I was hoping for.

Wet: Holy leather batman! It's amped and it's not the nice aged leather smell either. Wow I know it sounds weird but I smell like tires that ran through a flower field. I was thinking I would have to sigh defeat and put it in my swap collection....

Dry: Ooh this is nice. The leather amps down considerably after about five minutes. It's a creamy floral vanilla with a leather background that you can smell if you get close enough. It's an odd mix but it works quite well. This is mature and feminine, no doubts about it.

I will keep it. It's not quite what I was expecting or looking for but it still turned out nice. The fiance liked it a lot. I don't know that I'll wear it all the time but it will get some use. Not too much throw like others have mentioned, it's more subtle than not but that probably works out better for me otherwise it'd be all leather. The true beauty of this one definitely comes out in the drydown.

Edited by silver_springs