Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quinkel

something NOT sexy

Can you recommand a scent totally un sexy? I am together with a man tomorrow all day and i really don't want him to be attracted to me AT ALL! He already likes me a lot (too much).

And I cannot stand him....

So what will make a good 'stay where you are don't approch me'scent?

I was thinking Djinn or Hurricane or along those lines but some advice or some experience stories will be really helpfull!

The problem (I find) with men is, they think everything is sexy, and must have been done with them in mind. I just asked my husband, and 21 year old son your question...and they said "if a girl wears perfume it's to smell nice for them" LOL!!! Men are so funny!!!! :P

sadly I would have to so forgo the whole perfume thing all together. That species is so driven by smell anything you wear will be burned into his mind forever as a way to remember you. I would just nix it all together just for tomorrow.

quinkel, when my breakup with my husband was still fresh and I had to see him to take care of business (getting his keys to the apartment, getting him to sign documents), I used to focus more on which oils made me feel strong and ass-kicking and invulnerable. I wore a lot of oils with Dragon's Blood resin!

Anyway, maybe that's a different slant on the situation - I'm sure you will be sexy no matter what you do, because it's an innate quality, so maybe focus on giving yourself a "don't f*ck with me" vibe!

Good luck, I hate those situations :P

Or you can go the "overboard" route - what is one that works OK on you, that's one that makes you feel matter-of-fact and no-nonsense, and slather it on. Make yourself seem cold and disinterested, and wear a cold/disinterested scent.

I find Bluebeard works well for this for me.

ETA: duh, I forgot to add that you should overpower yourself in unsexy perfume so that he won't want to be around you - thinking that you wear too much perfume and that he'll never be able to kiss you without suffocating.

Edited by ladylatemar

Don't brush your teeth.

And wear something like Hymn, or Cathedral. They're lovely, but hopefully he'll keep thinking of church and have like the total anti-boner.

Unless he's a sicko. In which case he may have other uses. :P

If you're one of the unlucky subgroup whose skin transforms civet into something the dog rolled in, you could make an unforgettable impression that way.

Unless he's a scat fancier, then you're on your own.

If you're one of the unlucky subgroup whose skin transforms civet into something the dog rolled in, you could make an unforgettable impression that way.

That's what I was going to suggest. Civet smells totally gross on me. Especially Red Devil, it smells like cat spray and bad breath! Nobody could find that attractive.

And wear something like Hymn, or Cathedral. They're lovely, but hopefully he'll keep thinking of church and have like the total anti-boner.

Unless he's a sicko. In which case he may have other uses.

:P

:D :D :D @your recs. I took the no scent advise serious so no scent today. he has given no signs approch yet.

I wear the most breast flattenig bra, no make-up, so I am ready for the day, although not wearing perfume feels so naked :P

I'm reviving this long-lost thread because I had a similar situation to deal with today, and was going to actually start a new thread asking about it before the meeting, but didn't have time. So tonight, after trying various searches, I found this one (I'm paranoid about accidentally starting duplicate threads, having been "warned" once due to it.)

The existing responses are pretty entertaining, but in this case, there was an added complication: how do you smell not-sexy and still make a good impression, just a non-sexual good impression? No garlic, civet, poor hygeine, or any of that! I was looking for a scent that said "Like me, respect me, and most of all hire me, just don't hit on me!" for a meeting with a prospective client who has a reputation for being a total sex maniac -- but also someone who needs a web site done, pays his bills regularly and has a lot of money to spend, and a lot of business connections.

And yeah, just going scentless did occur to me, but I was also nervous as all hell, and I tend to use scent to bolster my own confidence and make me feel better about myself.

So I thought, hmmm -- definitely no musk, no patchouli, nothing too girly and nothing that smells edible. Wow, that cuts the choices down by a lot! :P

Kettu suggested Fenris Wolf, because it's one of the ones I think of as a "power" scent, and it's also regarded as traditionally masculine, so it might give off a "respect me, and don't try to mess with me" vibe. Thing is, it's also loaded with musk, and feels very sexy to me. So, not quite what I was after.

What I ended up deciding was that this was a job for a poisonous herbal: something from Rappaccini's Garden. Those are scents that tend to convey "Look, but don't touch!" They tend to smell clean and fresh, but also a little bit bitter and astringent. I considered Belladonna, but it's got some floral in it, which I wasn't sure I wanted, so I went with Baneberry. Also minimal makeup, a long skirt, and a nice but not-too-tight sweater.

I think it went OK -- in retrospect, I think no power in the 'verse could have stopped him from at least being flirtatious, but he wan't too pushy. And I'm now drawing up a contract for a site worth probably about $2500. Thank you, BPAL!

Well done Miss Lynx.

Wear something for you, to hell with any advances, just tell them politely thanks but no thanks, you should meet my big brute of a SO, and he's real possessive of me. See how that goes?

That's a perfect solution...poisonous plants! :P They can still smell nice but they definitely project a "don't get too close" vibe. Powerful, feminine, not unpleasant yet not flirtatious. I will remember that. And congratulations!!

The existing responses are pretty entertaining, but in this case, there was an added complication: how do you smell not-sexy and still make a good impression, just a non-sexual good impression?

I'd have gone with something like "White Rabbit" or "Dirty" - a nice, clean scent that's pleasant but not slinky or sexy. Or maybe something like "Kingsport", which smells of the ocean (in a good way).

I would second the recommendation for White Rabbit. I will never forget what my boy said when I had him sniff test that one, "Smells like boring." And it does make me feel prim, proper, and subdued. Which is probably not something that you'd want to wear to work or anything... it's my lounging around, relaxing, and being lazy scent. Doesn't get a great response from menfolk though (in my case, at least).

I would have suggested Severin. It always makes me feel cool, clear-headed and somewhat detached when I wear it, so I imagine it would bore most men to death or they would want to know what it is to buy some for themselves. :P

I would check the "Job Interview Recommendations" thread that's pinned in this subforum. I think it has just the sort of suggestions that you're looking for. :P

My own personal recommendation would be Embalming Fluid. Nice, clean and fresh.

Yeah, all the "clean" or "empowering" scents seem like they would work. Aquatics in the winter would make you even colder/detached/etc., like Water of Notre Dame/Tempest/Lightning/Szepasszony.

Something like Loviatar, with all the leather, could make you feel very strong and empowered. You could pick something traditionally masculine even, since those scents make me feel like I could kick some ass.

Or go the woodsy way, and pick something earthy and dry, so you smell nice but just kind of...forgettable. Like Yggdrasil or Dragon's Bone.

You could also go the crazy old lady floral way, so you give the impression that you think you smell good. For that the list goes on and on, just pick any floral that doesn't quite work for you. For me that's rose--Persephone especially just does not work. :P And that's what you want!

Edited by faifai

I think some of the more "yellow" florals along with linen, aquatic, or "green" scents will also work great. Hymn, Empyreal Mist, Belladonna, Dirty, Shanghai, and Shroud just to name a few. I also like wearing more masculine scents when I have to go into a situation "balls out" as it were. Hades, Nyarlathotep, Iago, Coyote, and Black Tower are some of my favorites. On a guy, they're tres sexy. On me, they just smell powerful and decisive - sexy in their own way, but not in a way that would make you seem like you're trying to be sexy.

If you're trying to not make someone purr, I'd stay mostly stay away from foody, warm, incensey or heady florals, and you should be good.

I like the idea of poisonous plants. I think that was an excellent and inspiried choice. Anything with musk or amber, even if they are traditionally masculine, seem too sexy. Well, maybe DeSade would work as that is just pure strong leather. Or Dragon's Hide seems pretty balls to the wall powerful and commanding to me. Just strong, but not sexy in the come hither kinda way.

And congratulations on the contract Miss Lynx - that's fantastic! :P