Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quinkel

something NOT sexy

Another vote for Dirty, and I'd suggest Pele, too. Other categories that are nonsexual to my nose: aquatic/ozone, citrus, and tea (yes, even Dorian - so maybe my sex-detector is a little off!).

Personally, I can't wear any of my "power" scents when I want to be non-sexy... I found that out when I made the mistake of wearing Loviatar to work. I wanted to cut out early and take advantage of someone. Or myself, if there weren't any suitable prospects.

:P

Dirty is good but my vote for Power non sexy is Alecto - it is very gender neutral to me with just a fresh clean scent but the hint of vetiver in it lends some power to it.

I would also vote for Severin - The teas and leather are a great! and the leather? well, its up to you how to weild your whip!

Good Luck to you! :P

My choice for a deliberately un-flirtatious scent would be Cthulhu, at least on a woman. To me, it smells like men's grooming products with a touch of brine - not bad, but decidedly unalluring unless you're around someone with a thing for mermaid drag kings.

I don't think perfume alone would be enough to stop someone intent on being flirtatious, (you may just have to be direct) but something clean and cool or herbal would probably help you feel detached.

I'm dubious about vetiver or civet- you may not like the scents but some people consider them to have aphrodisiac effects. Super-heavy perfume might drive people away, but it also might make it seem like you're laying it on heavily because you want attention. Which in itself might drive people away, but you never know...

I second Cthulu or any manly marine scent (unless you are a man. Then you're on your own). For non-work times you want to be left alone I think Nosferatu would do the trick if you can stand the sour fruit "wine" and bitter herbs.

Edited by patina

I like Block Buster for a "get to work, no screwing around" scent. It's not unattractive, but it doesn't promote flirtatiousness.

Yorick or Zombi would probably be the most repellant scents but the thing is that it might be hard to do any business when people keep getting whiffs of dirt and graveyard. And you have to be pretty bold to wear it yourself too (I normally wear it to school but then again - I'm weird). It should keep everyone, not only men, at distance unless they is necrophilia involved haha.

Yorick or Zombi would probably be the most repellant scents but the thing is that it might be hard to do any business when people keep getting whiffs of dirt and graveyard. And you have to be pretty bold to wear it yourself too (I normally wear it to school but then again - I'm weird). It should keep everyone, not only men, at distance unless they is necrophilia involved haha.

I hope not since I love Yorick. :huh?:

Then again it's mostly damp white flowers on me.

I say wear whatever you like, and when they say, "What's that intoxicating scent you're wearing?", tell them, "It's anti-fungal cream."

:rofl:

What about Pain? A nice sharp bracing herbal might wake him up but definitely not turn him on. Touching on a totally different family of scents, Agnes Nutter. Mmmmm, nothing like the smell of burnt wood and rusted metal to get a guy in the mood.

if I were going for something that smelled good but not necessarily alluring, I would go for the "smells like money" category. I think of these as Ozymandias, Privilege, and quite a bit of the Salon.

They smell expensive, but not flirty. They smell grown up for sure, but I wouldn't class them as either side of come hither or offputting.

Edited by CaudaPavonis