Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
autumn24

Alice

Got this as an imp as I'm looking for my HG milk & honey scent... Right away after getting my package, I thought it was going to be "it" for me, wet from the imp. Fast forward a little over 6 months later when I finally got around to wearing it to see how my body reacts. 

Wet: still that milky sweetness and roses, barely bergamot and a hint of carnation.

On Skin: The rose and carnation really come out and I think the honey got lost. Very floral and the powder is coming through.

Wear down, a few hours: this now reminds me of a fancier version of baby powder and I have very mixed feelings about it.

I don't have a clue as to where the bergamot went in this one. I don't hate it and I definitely don't love it. It does make for a very nice gentle fragrance that's soft in throw. I'll revisit this again in a few months.

Lovely rose milk with bergamot notes, it was actually a pleasant surprise since I don't usually like rose and it holds onto a cool energy for hours when most ice and chilly notes vaporize instantly on my skin. Reminds me a bit of gulab jamun, my favorite Indian dessert, made from milk solids and sweetened rose water.

I don't get much carnation as a stand out note but suspect that the rose/carnation meld is why I like the rose in this blend (basically to like a rose it has to not be a rose). The honey also isn't strong and just exists as an underlaying sweetness.

In the imp: Soft, powdery honey. I don't get a distinct milk note, but there is something that's both cutting the sweetness of the honey and also rounding it out. 

On my skin:

Wet, there's something spicy that I'm guessing is the carnation, but it's really almost lightly peppery on my skin at this stage. As it dries, I get powdery rose brightened by bergamot. The carnation -- or something -- is still adding a bit of spice to the scent, which I like a lot. At this point, I get nothing I can discern as either honey or milk. 

After a while, all I'm really getting is high-end luxurious rose-scented powder. 

A very pretty, sweet and creamy rose with honeyed spicy carnations. It's not a soapy or screechy rose, but one coated in heavy cream and very smooth. I am picky about roses and I love this one! I can pick out all of the notes- I think they are very balanced in thia blend.

Very floral opening that makes me a bit nervous. As it dries, the milk and honey become more prominent and turn everything powdery. The bergamot is there, adding something tea-like. The rose is quite jammy and the carnation adds just a touch of spice. Alice isn't really me but it is nice!

I tested this from one of three Alice imps I've collected over the years.....

In the imp: A clean floral - is that the bergamot??

Applied (wet): HELLO carnation. That's what I get right off the bat - a spicy warm carnation that has an almost resin-like sweetness behind it. Maybe that's the other notes supporting?

Dried: After about 10 minutes, it softens to a powdery sweet milky bergamot with the spice of the carnations still keeping it from fading away entirely.

Side note - my skin eats this up. By the 20 minute mark, it's almost completely faded away.

I don't hate this and I don't love it. Not worth an upgrade for me, but for those that love carnation, you should love this. 

I can see why this one is marked as a beloved favorite! I've avoided this one because it lists honey and so far every scent I've tried with honey has not really worked out, but it's not a bad choice here. Carnation is what comes through most strongly, I think, but it's softened by the milk backdrop. There's a general sweetness to it and it definitely captures something tea-like. I really like it! Definitely a keeper.

Wet, I got a lot of milk and honey notes, the bergamot really came through as a strong middle note, and the rose was happy to take a back seat. As it dried, however, that milk and honey scent gradually faded, and unfortunately now it's full 'grandma perfume'. Powdery with strong rose notes and very little else; it actually reminds me of the soap and potpourri that used to be at my grandparents house. It's a little disappointing- I don't think I was going to keep it anyway, but it's definitely going onto the swap pile now.

I'm usually not a fan of roses and also tend to amp them, so I was skeptical about finally trying this. Surprisingly, it turned out to be one of my favorites from this order.

Wet, there is something surprisingly sharp, almost medicinal, but that fades quickly.
On drydown, the rose comes to the forefront, drowning out everything else. I was ready to despair that rose had ruined another scent for me.
Luckily once dry, the rose turns into a much more mild version, surrounded by honeyed milk. I really like it like this. It stays close to the skin but is just so beautiful in the end that I keep sniffing my wrist. I'm definitely keeping it and might consider a bottle of this.

ok this one is lovely!! Yummy rose and a little bit of spice. The carnations do peek their head through a little bit, and this is definitely a girly scent. A little childish and playful, but not in an overly young way. Like the scent a teen girl puts on before she goes on her first date. 

Carnation, milk, honey and shimmers of bergamot. Very beautifully balanced. Later on the carnation and milk shine the most. I've come to the realization that the best BPAL blends are in the General Catalog ❤️

I don't go for floral, as a rule, but I just love Alice. Carnation is the one flower I tend to always enjoy, so that helps, but this is just such a perfect essence of innocence and mischief. 

If you like the spice of carnations and fresh-cut red roses, smoothed and sweetened with milk and honey, try Alice. It's an iconic BPAL creation everyone should try at least once.

Picked this up this in a set of imps sampling different rose scents. In the vial, so very sweet and feminine, which I don't expect to like on me - girly is absolutely not my thing.

Once it's on my skin and dried down, it's absolutely wildly different. I don’t get any of the sugary florals and honey from this blend. I'm picking up something like the harsh sensation of cinnamon, but with the scent of baby powder? Very strange, very not for my skin chemistry, and makes my sinuses angry. This one is a pass for me.

i got this as an imp in my very first bpal order and it's still one of my favorite gc scents.

wet it's all earl grey and cold milk. the floral notes float around in the background---bergamot being the most obvious--- and the honey lends it this delicious, subtle sweetness. as it dries and warms up that cold quality fades away and the carnation comes forward. eventually it ends up a slightly spicy, floral tea with lots of milk and honey. 

it's soft and feminine without being cloying or sugary and it wears very close in a my-skin-but-better way.

i love her i love her i love her ❤️

Edited by 3mi1ie