Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

All Night Long

As if the name didn’t spell it out for you. This blend relieves all sexual inhibitions by simultaneously relaxing and arousing.

Unfortunately, the cinnamon in All Night Long irritated my skin everywhere I put it except for my wrists. It smells like cinnamon potpourri or a cinnamon-scented candle, definitely not sweet enough on me to smell like Big Red gum.

I'm single, so no SO to try this on (it was a frimp from the Lab), but it's not making me amorous.

Still, this would be a great room scent. Edited by Shollin

At first this smells overpoweringly of nutmeg or cloves and cardamon. As it dries it STILL smells powerfully of some very dark spice but a hint of cinnamon comes out, making it a bit sweeter. I rather like it for it's darkness and the faint spicy tingle of something else but my sister and my children hate it. Mr. Circe seems fairly 'eh' about it. Will have to try it later tonight for it's intended purposes.

Cinnamon and . . . sandalwood?

Oh, this is pleasant. A nice, throaty cinnamon backed with either a red patchouli or a sandalwood, but mostly cinnamon. A creamy, nutty note comes out on application. It's delicious! Warm and playful, like ear-licking. Fun!

Dilute this one with some carrier oil, please. It's very strong, and the cinnamon might burn your skin even if you are not allergic.

It's quite endearing. Smells like kissing someone who's been eating red-hots, and getting that secondhand sweet cinnamon taste. Not too bad at all!

As for whether it works, well, as soon as I stood in front of my husband's fan, he looked up and said "You look really, really hot."

I was in old holey old underpants and a sports bra, covered with carpet lint from playing on the floor with the cat.

"Hot."

Uh-huh.

I love this :P It smelled like cola at first but then cinnamon exploded on my skin, followed by myrrh, which I adore. i have a mild allergic reaction to cinnamon but that won't stop me from wearing this diluted or in a scent locket :D

I'd like to add that this really really works. Ah the power of mind.

Edited by Kosyena

In the imp and wet on my skin this smells just like sweet cinnamon cake to me. Yum! Once dry however the sweetness fades and a herbal/earthy type note appears in the background, which although not unpleasant doesn't seem to sit comfortably with the cinnamon either, at least not on my skin. It didn't do anything in the bedroom either, possibly because my partner doesn't particularly like cinnamon (that's ok, Come To Me works very well!). I'm keeping the imp though because it would make a wonderful room scent, although I do have my doubts about using a Voodoo scent in that way.

Wet and on the skin this is tasty cinnamon.

Unlike the sweet, honeyed chai of the delicious Bengal, this cinnamon is dry. There's definitely something woody underneath that stops this going sweet. I can smell nutmeg, and...something else. Possibly sandalwood, but cinnamon is such an attention seeking smell that it's subtle and hard for me to pin down.

It's definitely a dry, languid and sensual blend. I can't vouch for its effectiveness with the boy, as he's away and I wanted to test this as a fragrance first in case my skin chemistry rebelled. Hooray that these are notes my skin loves!

I don't know if it's a bottle yet, but I'll definitely be using up this imp. Lovely!

In the imp: Dragon's blood here?

Wet: Totally misjudged it--this is cinnamon, baby. In fact, it's a pretty damn strong cinnamon, because I definitely felt a tingle on my wrist after applying it, which is not what usually happens to me. In fact, I had to ask myself, "is this irritating my skin?"

Drydown and wear: I don't see any irritation here, though I'll bet that if my skin were in a "sensitive" mood that I might. I'm in a bit of a quandry on this one--even though there seems to be a herby backing to this scent in the wet stage (that doesn't mix well with the cinnamon), as it dries, that vanishes and I'm left with a lovely deep cinnamon that doesn't have the candied quality of a Wrath (or similar). However, I'm really worried about my skin breaking out, as I can definitely "feel" where I applied this oil. To decide whether or not I'll get a bottle will require me to test it multiple times.

In the vial: wet green woods...weird...

Wet: Cinnamon, warm and sweet.

Dry: Spicy sandlewood,cinnamon and maybe clove. The boyfriend is going to love this one!

Verdict: I'll defintely hold on to this imp. I'll reserve bottle consideration until after work when I can test out the effectiveness of this scent. :D

YUM factor: :P :D

Edited by pixsy_stix

in the imp this smells like cinnamon and some sort of resin. on my skin it's cinnamon with other soft spices. once it dries down, i get a sour herbal scent that i cant place. not many of the voodoo blends work with my skin chemistry, and all night long is no exception.

All Night Long was one of my first big bottles and I still haven't had the chance to review it. Shame on me! It's probably one of my absolute favorite BPALs, and I plan to hoarde it.

Why? It smells amazing -- cinnamon, which doesn't irritate my skin at all -- and some nutty "voodoo" smell that drives me and the men absolutely bonkers.

Let me tell you: This shit works. I applied it directly to my neck, and the next morning, after a particularly fantastic evening with a male friend, I discover that I have not just a hickey, but a full-on bite mark exactly where All Night Long was applied.

I put it on for a platonic male friend and his response was, "Holy hell, that smells... oh man. You shouldn't wear that unless you want me touching you in ways that we have designated as inappropriate for our relationship. DAMN, girl."

So, in conclusion, ladies: You have to buy this if you want to get laid. That is, of course, unless you smell sexier in florals. I smell the best in woods, spices, and orientals, so of course this blend works like the A-Team with my own personal chemistry. In the winter I put it on my bra and on the inseam of my jeans where there's more friction and the scent gets carried around.

Hooo, boy. Even when I smell it on myself I get a little frisky. I said that it was one of my favorite BPALs, but no, I think it is my absolute favorite BPAL. Because while Aries 2007 (my current fave) is so bizarre and new it's a masterpiece, and Snake Oil of course smells like sex and cleverness, All Night Long is totally original, totally bizarre, totally sexy, and, best of all, it gets the job done. Period.

Edited by tamburlaine

It's very cinnamony, with a hint of something darker. I do smell cardamom and a bit of clove, too. It's spicy and sultry, but I really wish I knew what that 'something darker' was... I can't decide if I like it or not. After a while, it fades into almost a woodsy scent on me.

I like it, but alas, have no one to try it on. So I'll keep this until the day I do!

Butterscotch. Still butterscotch, although something else is coming up as it fades. It’s getting spicy, getting better. Cinnamon. Feels warm on the skin. Definitely worth another try. Keep.

In the imp:

Woods and resins.

Wet:

Cinnamon, and I think something woody.

Dry:

It's sort of a soft, woody, cinnamon. And for once, the wood note doesn't seem to be going bad on me. Not bad at all.

Note:

This was a frimp, and I just figured out from looking at older reviews that this is one of the Voodoo Blends. Which means I'll have to test its effects out on the hubby later on. Since he just went to work, I can't do that now. Plus, we've only been married a year and he is usually in the mood and telling me I am pretty, etc. I guess I should save it for later in the marriage?

I think there must be something wrong with me!

I had this as a frimp a while back, and now reading all the review of clove, cinnamon and sandalwood it should've been perfect..buuut, bizarrely, i got...

CELERY SOUP!! All the way through, i got vegetable soup, heavy on the celery. Didn't make me horny, but my god it made me hungry :P

I am sort of on the fence about this one. It is well blended and I definitely smell the cinnamon everyone else finds, and thankfully, no celery! There is something mixed with the cinnamon I can't identify, powderly almost like amber, not quite as sweet as vanilla, not as wonderfully woody as sandalwood--but in that mood if you get me. I did find it actually more relaxing than energizing, which is something cuz usually cinnamon revs me up. I can't say it made me horny or increased amorous advances in the bedroom, but I only tried it once and we were both tired. I did sleep all night long--not sure if that was the intended affect. I will agree that it is strong, try on your wrists before you dab on the cleavage or you'll be getting lots of (unwanted?) attention!

Herbal, dark but definitely a sweet cinnamon scent. Dry this is very Big Red gum cinnamon so if your skin is sensitive to such things I would steer clear.

Rating: 3/5

OMG! I'm so glad I got this one. Cinnamon-spicey delicious! I smell the cinnamon first and foremost, but there are definitely some other notes hiding in here behind the cinnamon...I just can't pick them out! I'm too blinded by the cinnamon goodness! Oh wow, this is good! Thank goddess I can wear cinnamon without any adverse reaction, because this is deeelish! CAN'T. STOP. SNIFFING. THE. ARM!!!! This scent it hot! I likey! Now, I just have to see if it really works :D

ETA: Sandalwood!?!?! Is that...Sandalwood!!!! Either Mysore or Red Sandalwood??!!!! Is it....dare I say, the uber expensive, coveted, heavenly love of my life Mysore????!!!??? (It's a little hard to differentiate with the strong spice on top! But it smells like mysore, and I can hardly believe my ecstatic nose!) Wow, this blend just got like a million times better, as if that were even possible! Ok, so now this is a favorite....going on my top five list, for sure! 5/5!! Now I'm reeeeaaaallly smitten. Cinnamon and mysore (or maybe red) sandalwood, does it get any better than that? I think not! All Night Long, I lub yoooouuu! :P

Thanks, Beth! Thank you, thank you, thank yooooouuu! I will definitely require a big bottle purchase in the near future - like my life depends on it!

<3 <3 <3 <3

Edited by TheOneTheyCallLuna

imp: pure cinnamon. i'll have to try this someplace less lender than my inner arm.

wet: sort of a smokey, earthy cinnamon.

dry: this dries very smokey. there is a hint of spice but it's not nearly as strong as it was.

All Night Long definitely works. It's tingly cinnamon goodness. Now, I did get the slight irritation where I applied it, but it wasn't bad enough to make me want to wash it off. The biggest thing I noticed was the exciting way my body heat warmed up the scent until the entire bedroom smelt of cinnamon. After that, I wasn't noticing smells so much... :P All I can really say about this potion is that the sheets were too tangled to recognize and I had to wash them right away. :D

In the vial: hot, cinnamon and clove, like a pie-spice potpourri... but with something darker that I can't quite identify. Maybe it's more cloves than would ever be in a pie.

Wet on me: cinnamon and PEPPER. Black pepper, that's what that dark note was. Or something more animalistic... like patchouli? If it's patchouli it's very, very subtle. I think it might just be pepper.

Drying down: the cinnamon is fading back a bit and letting the peppery sex smell come more to the front. There might be some kind of wood in there as well. It was vaguely foody or candle-store-y at the beginning, but that's definitely not the sensation I'm getting from it now. *fans self*

Dry (~ 15-20 min): pepper and wood; cinnamon is just hovering around in the background. The throw is not very far, but it's perfect for something to be smelled only by me and the person I'm snuggling.

Whatever these oils are, they work on my skin, they don't irritate, and they are sexy as hell.

Edited by Indefatigable

I am so sad. :P

I love the way this smells! But, moments after putting it on, my skin had turned BRIGHT RED in the places I'd applied it. Like crazy red - as if I had just painted my skin.

When I got in bed, my husband said "Mmmm, you smell good." And then I showed him my arms and he said "But you can't wear that!"

If your skin can handle it, this is a great blend. Sharp spice with a yummy sweetness going on. Man...

Smells so good! I love the scent of ground cinnamon....not the "Big Red" or "red hot" candy type of cinnamon....and ground cinnamon is what this smells like, wet. Reminds me quite a bit of Jack, but without the sweet peach note.

Dry, still a tinge of cinnamon spice, but cedar incense has mostly taken over (rather a nice combo, as cedar incense is one of my favorites).

The only problem is, it is fading quickly and doesn't seem to have much throw on me. :D

However, that does not mean I won't be trying it out for its intended purpose :P I still like it VERY much.

Totally in love. I love cinnamon scents, and I like blending that with the nut-type thing, but there’s something else, something softer taking a bit of the spike away. I’m way enamoured of this scent. It makes me feel exotic and confident, which are quite often things I need to be reminded of in order to make a bad day better. So this one makes me feel good to put on.

In bottle: Very cinnamon, with a nasty medicinal undertone. Wet: Just like red hots. Dry: cinnamon, maybe sandalwood and other spices. Plastic smelling too. If one really likes cinnamon, not bad