Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

All Night Long

As if the name didn't spell it out for you. This blend relieves all sexual inhibitions by simultaneously relaxing and arousing.

at first: sweet, but not heavy. a bit minty? do i smell celery?

on: a bit cinnamony. and...AH! IT BURNS...

later: i washed it off. yeah, allergic to somethin' in this one. lush's dream cream is a life saver, i tell ya!

overall: i'm allergic. this will be posted for swaps.

i burned this in my lightbulb oil ring, and it scented my room nicely.

it smelled very earthy, a hint of cinnamon and an almost 'nutty' undertone. almond, perhaps? i have no idea :? but it was very pleasant as a room scent.

I got the nutty undertone, too - except on me, it turned into a rancid peanut butter smell. Unfortunately, this will in no way entice me to work towards the name, so I'll have to pass on this one. :P

So far all I am smelling is the cinnamon...there's a darker scent mixed in that I can't quite decipher yet.

Unfortunately, cinnamon scents tend to have a bad reaction with my skin...I am starting to develop the tingly burning feeling that's telling me to get this one off my body now. I may try it in a oil burner (if I ever buy one), but I won't be wearing it again. :P

Mmmm....

How to review this one withoug getting to graphic...

How about this? It works.

I put this on before bed, we went to bed, both tired, and nothing really got started. I was disapointed, I hadn't exactly expected it to work instantly, but I had put it on hoping for some action...

At somepoint in the midle of the night, I wake up to... amorous overtures.

I call that proof that it speaks to the subconcious.

As for the scent itself, the cinnamon is strong, but I also get a smell like almonds or some kind of wood... something dry and grounded to mellow the cinnamon out. Like... cinnamon as a young Elizabeth Taylor?

In the bottle: This smells thick and complex. Very heavy on the cinnamon. Mmm!

Wet: Wow. Cinnamon. Lots and lots of cinnamon. I smell nothing else. It's warming up my skin, but not in an overpowering way.

Drying: I kid you not, this smells like cinnamon and marijuana. Kind of like someone smoking cloves to cover up smoking out. Heh. Funny, but I hope it goes away.

Dry: The cinnamon has calmed down. This reminds me of Christmas: warm, spicy, sensual (but not sexy).

This one doesn't really embody it's name on me, but I do like it. It also faded very fast, which surprised me considering the cinnamon comes on really strong at first. I'll be trying this one out again!

I tried this one the other night in my diffuser and it worked SO well. My room smelled so lush and gorgeous. Yay!

Edited by Aurelius

First Impression: Faint cinnamon swirls.

Second Impression: I used just a small dab of this. It smells like cinnamon and cloves. I'm waiting to feel a tingle somewhere other than the skin where I just applied it.

Final Analysis: Hmmm, no tingle. I wonder if my husband will find it sexy. I don't think I do. But I'm going to try it when he comes home next week. It's fading very fast, minutes really.

First I thought 'aniseed?', then 'Fisherman's Friend cough lozenges*?', then it finally decided to be super strong cinnamon with some herbal undertones. My skin felt hot where I had applied it, but I didn't get a rash.

It's not quite what I want to wear as a fragrance (the word conflagrant comes to mind), though I gather that the Voodoo Blends are not always intended purely as perfumes. I'm not at all sure this will inspire, er, nocturnal activities, though I will report back if so :P

* I don't know if these are purely a New Zealand phenomenon, they are EXCEEDINGLY strong herbal cough lozenges - most people can't stand them but I quite enjoy munching on one when I'm all blocked up, they certainly clear the head and sinuses...

Burning? yes, cinnamon? yes, do I like it? yes, does it work? yes, yes yes!!!!

It has a nice soft cinnamon smell but when i first put it on i didn't find it a very sexy scent. Then the boy came and although he is not a big BPAL fan he couldn't stop touching me and it ended.....well ehhhhh :D :D

I found so far all the Voodoo blends had their effect on the boy, that's a very good result :P

In the bottle: spicy bubblegum

Wet: more bubblegum

Dry: faded to a vague spice before it disappeared completely

Verdict: Well, the scent didn't really appeal much, but its Voudoun properties seem to have an effect (not so much in the build-up to, but ithe duration of orgasm - exhausting, but well worth it!). I'll have to experiment some more with this in conjunction with Red Devil, I think :P

In bottle: Cinnamon and something nutty.

On me: Cinnamon! I'm lucky I'm not one of those peopel allergic to it. I smell something like ground almonds - almost more like almond shells, truthfully - blended with the cinnamon. I don't find the scent particularly pleasant to wear, but it makes a decent room scent. It seemed to have no effect on the boyfriend, tho'.

I really like this one...let's just leave it at that for now. :D

First sniff:

Cinnamon? There's something else there, too, but I'm getting a very distinct impression of cinnamon. I love cinnamon so that's fine by me. :P

Wet on skin:

Cinnamon red hots! Wow, that's pretty freaky, but wonderful because I love that smell even if I don't like the taste. :D

Dry down:

Cinnamon red hots and a vague powdery undertone. Does it work? I think I can answer that with an emphatic yes. I'll leave it at that for now, since I don't want to go offending anyone with the details, so...uh...yeah. ":D

The bottom line:

I wouldn't care what it smelled like as long as it works, but I got a bonus in this one in that it smells fantastic and it works! And I do mean works. :D

All Night Long was Super Cinnamonny. I had been afraid to try this one. Though I'm not really sure why, maybe it was my very unhappy experience with Red Devil. Anyhoo, I'm happy to say my fears were unjustified.

Super Cinnamon (as mentioned above) with some sort of wood. Heh.

That would be Red Hot Wood, then wouldn't it?

That is appropriate!

All Night Long reminds me a little bit of Hamadryad.

I'm not getting a strong hit of cinnamon, but it's there.. with a dry, woodsy note. I'm not very good at discerning notes--all I can say is that this blend is somewhat light, dry and spicy. And I like it a lot. It's a keeper :P

Sniffing in the vial and upon initial wearing i get sort of an odd scent - yes cinnamon, but also a burnt, roasted nut smell that I'm really not so crazy about.

Wearing, the bad nut smell nearly disappears after about 20 minutes, leaving a scent that is mostly cinnamon-y and a little wood (but not like a green leafy forest or trees, more like the smell of something made out of wood) and becomes a lot lighter and fades a lot faster than I would have thought.

Also, I liked this a lot more the second time I wore it than the first.

As far as it's voodoo properties, I've had mixed results, but I like wearing this just

because i like the scent itself.

WARNING: The first time I wore this was at the end of the day and I put it on my wrists and had no reaction at all. The second time, I put it on my wrists and neck

just after stepping out of the shower and had red stripes and burning where I applied it (which I haven't had happen to me with any Bpal oil so far - and I've tried a lot of the cinnamon scents - this one may just have a LOT in it). And maybe

my skin is more sensitive, or dried out, etc at that moment, but I imagine that anyone that has had this problem before would definitely have it with this oil.

I just left it on, and after about 15 minutes or so the stripes and burning went away.

wet- wow a lot of cinnamon and almonds

20 minutes later- smells like cinnamon and peanut butter

1 hour later- it's fading fast but still smells like peanut butter with cinnamon. not one of my favorites.

The smell is pure cinnamon on me, both wet and dry. This is a longer lasting scent on me. As to the voodoo properties, it's yet to be seen! :P

I really like this scent though, and would buy a larger bottle for the smell and lasting power alone.

Worn with nice results...

Mostly I smell cinnamon and sex. Not in an obnoxious manner, but a subtile slinking, sultry manner.

I got good results teasing the mate too.

How naughty yet fun.

I'm crazy over cinnamon sents, so this really hits it for me. =)

This was a gift imp from the lab. I do not follow the path of Voodoo, so I will be passing this on, but I always give each blend a try.

At first, this was cinnamon, wonderfully fresh and deep, like a newly broken stick of cinnamon bark. As it dried down, some sort of dark musky scent appeared in the background. It was warm and pleasant. I did not notice the intended effect on my husband or I.

Well, this did not get a test run with the DH... I guess I do not like sweet cinnamon!

This smelled like cinnamon dough on me - sweet, slightly spiced, with a strong hit of yeast in the background. My husband thought it was nice, but it was overpowering to me. If it had smelled toasty and not doughy, perhaps I would have had more success. Not for me at all.

Off to swaps!

DH is not home, but I can't wait to try this one out. A month gone and I will need it for stamina. LOL. It smells good on me. Like baking in the kitchen. And since my DH loves it when I bake, I should get some great results.

I am always a little nervous about trying the Voodoo blends, because some of them have something in them that really bothers me. I'm not sure what it is...but All Night Long doesn't seem to have it. :P I put just a teeny tiny bit on my forearm, just to get a sense of what it smelled like - and it was definitely noticeable. A little goes a long way! It's reminiscent of a headshop - but it's beyond that, too, in a very soft, warm, relaxing way. Over the headshoppy scent (I don't know what it is, I just know what it reminds me of) is the warm, spicy cinnamon. I normally can't wear anything musky, and there is a muskiness to this - but it's very warm and soft, not animalistic at all... and it feels fuzzy rather than sharp, if that makes sense. I think I may really like this. Just be aware - a teeny bit goes a very long way - that touch on my arm was plenty, and it didn't wash off easily in the shower.

TMI ~ <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I may be ovulating today. Skin chemistry wackiness could ensue at any moment.</span>

Note ~ I got this oil in a swap. It's the second Voodoo Blend I've tried and the first that I've reviewed.

Vial ~ A light resin that, for some reason, reminds me of spiced bread.

Wet ~ Cinnamon Tic Tacs. You know that blast you get when you first bite into them? woo.

Drying ~ The resin rose up and cut through the cinnamon like it was butter. There's a vague memory of spice in here somewhere, but it's pretty long gone.

Drydown ~ Okay, this is fading fast, which is odd because the cinnamon is a bit stronger now. I'd say it's got between 20 - 30% of my attention away from what's now developing in a woody scent. A powdery cedar, maybe?

Dry ~ Back to a nice, light resin.

Fade ~ A light, resiny incense. Hours later, it works nicely with my skin temperature and becomes almost foody. Maybe the spices made a comeback?

Final Thoughts ~ I can't picture my wearing this will inspire anyone to do anything all night long. It's okay, and if I keep the name in mind I can picture a candle-lit rendezvous in a sparsely furnished cabin on a rainy night, but I shouldn't need the imp label to help me with that. Someone else might get more hubba hubba out of this than I did. Alas.

Post Script ~ When I went for coffee, the barrista teased me - asking if I was wearing "that scent" again (Laudanum). I said I was wearing something different and gave him a sniff. "Oooo, you're doing that Nag Champa thang, huh?" I gave him a peek at the vial and his eyes bugged out. :P

Edited by byrdie

Gift from lab.

Well, if burning red skin is condusive to sex, then I'm all set! :P

Cinnamon does this on my skin, usually. I smell like nothing but that note. Genereally it doesn't actually burn and turn my skin red, however.

Needless to say, I had to wash this one off.

Off to a happier home...

This is my first attempt at a review :D

All I could smell was the cinnamon, a different fragrance for me, but I kind of liked it. Then the boyfriend showed up and well, as others have attested, this stuff works!!! The BF has never once commented on my perfumes (unless prompted), however last night he hugged me, pulled back with a wicked grin on his face and said "what is that smell? Why do you smell so good?" and then proceeded to become quite amorous. :D I will be ordering a big bottle of this with my next order!

A big thank you to the lab for this one!! :P