Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemist

The scent of a sexy vampire...

Well Count Dracula is an obvious one. :D But that's an older LE. (But Smiling Spider in the Salon is fairly similar. Layered with Calico Jack or something you might get a good resemblance.)

There is a ton of stuff that could work. Is there anything in particular that you like or hate? Do you want a musky scent, a floral scent, a berry scent...?

A few random ideas--

GC:

Perversion (notes of booze, smoke, leather)

Snake Oil (of course!)

Loviatar (leather, black amber, musks, myrrh)

Wanda (leather, merlot, rich flowers)

Blood Countess (berries, wine, smoke)

Bloodlust (vetiver, dragon's blood, patchouli)

Blood Kiss (can't remember everything - vanilla, spice, vetiver, dragon's blood, etc)

LE:

Death Adder (currently available in the CD - Snake Oil, coconut, vetiver)

Krampus (red musk, leather, wood, dust)

Snake Charmer

Somehow, this is right up my alley. I'd third Blood Kiss, to start. Crowley is a great choice for either gender, though I tend to sweeten it up with a dab of Dorian on myself. It's dark, smokey, sexy as hell, and vaguely foreboding. Sin is another one that seems to fit the bill, it smells like defiled sacred incense to me. The first time I wore it, I flashed back to Poppy Z Brite's descriptions of Blood and Altars. Madame Moriarty is deep, dark, and mysterious. It's seductive without blatantly screaming sex, which is how I imagine a sophisticated vamp might prefer to appear. If you can find her, The Crypt Queen is dazzling, opulent and lushly sensual with just a hint of decay at her core.

Another way to go for the whole "sexy undead" vibe is to wear intoxicating fragrances that have just a hint of grave dirt in them. It sounds strange to want to smell like dirt, but in blends like Jazz Funeral, it turns a heady mix of southern blooms and booze into something that just hints of graveyards and death. To me, it feels like the whiff of death hiding under a veneer of vitality. Voodoo Lily is a gorgeously dark, exotic floral with heady spices that is gorgeously seductive without the dirt, if dirt turns you off.

And last but not least, Snake Oil, of course. Snake oil is heavy, slinky and laden with sex appeal. It's definitely dark and seems much more blatantly sexy to me, rather than a refined sensuality like some of the others I've suggested. The only caveat with Snake Oil is that some people can't wear it at all until it's aged. My bottle sat unloved in my box for over three months before I could wear it on my skin.

I would agree with Wanda, Perversion and Voodoo Lily.

Also Lilith is a great heavy seductive blend. Its very heady and thick, perfect for what youre trying to evoke.

Layering Graveyard Dirt with anything works well too! Any of the above with GD would be divine!

I layered wolf moon with graveyard dirt once, it was a full moon and it made me feel very predatory..and sexy.

Theres also Premature Burial, if I dont have every existing bottle in the world *muahaha* :twisted: if you can deal with the dirt (which I happen to love).

I'm typing this off the top of my head at work... I gotta look at my lists for more, because this is the type of scent i love the most!

First things first: This has nothing to do literally with Twilight the book series but I've always thought the BPAL blend Twilight (Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.) was very vampiric. It's very regal and detached, like a vampire queen who has minions bring her sustanance rather than someone who is constantly on the prowl.

A lot of the suggestions already mentioned are good ideas and I particularly think Blood Countess is a good choice. A few other ideas:

Blood Rose voluptuous red rose bursting with lascivious red wine and sultry dragon's blood resin.

This one is drop dead sexy, very feminine and very sultry. It has a hint of danger to it like it's trying to hide something.

Masquerade Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom.

A sort of interesting vaguely salty vague musky vaguely spicy patchouli/neroli combo. It kind of conjures up the image of running through a crowd of well dressed and proper people unsure if you are giving chase or are being chased.

The High Priest Not to Be Described Monastic incense, blood musk, black leather, cypress, pimento, white pepper, and Roman chamomile.

I wear this one all the time but it actually kind of freaks me out. It reminds me of the stories of the conquistadors encountering the sacrificial pyramids at Teotihuacan--the smell of incense and ceremonial herbs combined with the scent of death and blood.

Rumpelstilzchen Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh.

Dark and smoky. Kind of out of left field but strikes me as vampiric.

Masabakes Thick black currant with the darkest, deepest myrrh, a drop of bitter mimosa and the slightest touch of mandrake dust.

Pure power.

Nosferatu desiccated herbs and gritty earth brought to life with a swell of robust and sanguineous red wines.

Duh, I guess.

BTW, the reason people are recommending Snow Glass Apples (which is extremely hard to come by) is because Neil Gaiman tested it and said it smelled like "sexy vampires". :D

If you want to find something that smells like it, try searching in the LE to GC recommendation thread (pinned at the top of the forum), because I know it has been discussed. (The lab has some similar apple blends in the GC so layering to get something similar shouldn't be too hard.)

It's a little hard to get a hold of, but my vote would be for Ecstasy of Passion! The notes are "bourbon vanilla, red musk, galbanum, ambergris, sweet clove, petitgrain, and golden amber," and it always makes me think of goth clubs, vampires, and all things spooky and macabre. It's usually my oil of choice when I'm going out on the town in my black vinyl, velvet or lace.

Lilith -- it is an utterly sexy feminine scent. It does have powdery notes on me but still the most gorgeous scent. The wine and myrrh and rose make it seem right for a sexy vampire.

I've gotten some older imps of this that smelled strange, as if the wine note had gone sour, so if you try it make sure to get a lab fresh imp.

Another way to go for the whole "sexy undead" vibe is to wear intoxicating fragrances that have just a hint of grave dirt in them. It sounds strange to want to smell like dirt, but in blends like Jazz Funeral, it turns a heady mix of southern blooms and booze into something that just hints of graveyards and death. To me, it feels like the whiff of death hiding under a veneer of vitality. Voodoo Lily is a gorgeously dark, exotic floral with heady spices that is gorgeously seductive without the dirt, if dirt turns you off.

Yes! I guess it depends on your favorite vampire "type" (Anne Rice fops, glittery virgins, the various takes on Dracula, etc., etc., etc.) and whether you find the Lab's dirt note wearable, but Nosferatu, Penny Dreadful, and Zombi are some of my favorites. The sweet/dirt combo is compelling in the way I picture vampires being: attractive but with a kind of repellant undertone.

I think Earth Phoenix or Marianne might be sexy for a vamp. But it all depends on the vampire....:lol:

My first thought was LE Midnight Kiss (Eternal desire, unquenchable passion: red musk, cocoa absolute, Nepalese amber, red sandalwood, aged patchouli, nicotiana, and blood wine) which should be easy enough to get hold of still.

Lilith -- it is an utterly sexy feminine scent. It does have powdery notes on me but still the most gorgeous scent. The wine and myrrh and rose make it seem right for a sexy vampire.

Lilith is considered an early vampire and an origin for the myth!

i would layer zombi and bordello for this effect. zombi has crushed rose in it which gives it a depth that graveyard dirt lacks. and bordello smells like a dark, sexy woman to me... even more so as it ages.

I'll Nth Blood Kiss. It starts out like I won't like it (the vetiver monster) but then I have to keep sniffing it, it definitely has an addictive quality.

Snow Glass Apples wasn't on me the way I hoped, or how my vampires would smell. I wanted it crisper, glassier, more Granny Smith, rather than what it was on my skin which was dried apple ring, and fusty, musty, old, apple ring at that, with a hint of chewing gum in the mix. I in no way am blaming the oil - Neil Gaiman loved it, it's his thing. Just, on my skin, not sexy vampire apples. :cry2:

I love Brides of Dracula but it's an LE...ditto on Lucy Westenra. I like the name to go along with the theme, so I'd probably zero in on Blood Countess (named for Countess Bathory) or Dracul. Or just go for Blood: "A vital, bold scent, throbbing with sensuality. Essence of dragon's blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove." Hard to beat that! :skull:

I would disagree with Perversion, it's just too light. I'd go for something darker like Lust or Lilith.

wow, really? my bottle of perversion is thick and rich and sexy, but it's a pretty old bottle.

Yeah, my bottle smells like pickles and coconut! I've never understood what people like so much about it, but maybe I just don't have the right kind?

Sign in to follow this