Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Trish

Looking for any Harry Potter scent recommendations

Ok so maybe I'm weird or a little obsessed (although I suspect I'm not the only one around here!), but I'm already trying to work out what I should wear on July 21 as I devour the last Harry Potter book. So far I'm thinking Dragon's Blood, although Severin is also in mind merely because of the name (it makes me think of Severus Snape). Anyone else have any suggestions? Or am I the only one who is already dwelling on this? :P

I SO can't wait for this book. And the first thing that comes to mind is Snake Oil, though it doesn't work at all on me and I likely won't be wearing it. For Nagini and Slytherin and all that, you know. I'll have to ponder some more... it's certainly an excellent question! :P

(edited because I'm out of my mind)

Edited by gravedigger

maybe TAL's - Concentration, Energy, and Block Buster - to help pay attention solely on the book, without coffee or sodas (thus cutting back on unnecessary bathroom breaks!) and blocking out other people as distractions! LOL!!

(because it never fails, I get a book I'm desperate to read and things constantly interrupt!)

Edited by Bain

Layering The Lion for Gryffindor, The Raven for Ravenclaw, Serpent's Kiss for Slytherin and...hmm, what's for Hufflepuff? Determination, perhaps?

I'll probably wear Boomslang, even though I don't like it (Snake Oil and my skin do not play nice together) -- it's just too appropriate to NOT wear.

Hmm...at this point I'm not planning to attend a midnight party unless I get some reliable spoilers beforehand that assure me that Rowling will end the series as strongly as she constructed the first five books. But if I did, I'd wear Jack or one of my Pumpkin Patch blends, as I am a Harry/Hermione shipper and one of the fandom names for the ship is the Pumpkin Pie.

Boomslang seems appropriate, so I'd second that. Also, this is totally out of left field, but the Severus Snape of my dreams smells like Sin. :P

I'd be in the Severin club if it didn't make me sneeze... :P

I think it will be Les Fleurs du Mal, my favorite scent for sexy evilness.

Something pumpkiny, to go with the pumpkin pasties I'll serve that day. Woo hoo!

Something pumpkiny, to go with the pumpkin pasties I'll serve that day. Woo hoo!

Oooh... recipe plz??

:: end hijack :::

I have a few that could be HP appropriate:

Bewitched

Magus

The Red Queen

Asphodel

Yew Trees

London

I'll probably go with Bewitched.

Oooh.. Pumpkin Queen perhaps. I didn't like Jack; it was just too harsh a pumpkin scent for me. Pumpkin Queen was a lot rounder and warmer.

I'll be going to a midnight bookstore opening and most likely dressing up as Bellatrix, so I think I'll need to pick a perfume for that. Blood Countess springs to mind. It seems rich and cruel enough, but it doesn't have her coldness or her sharp, jarring madness. Any suggestions? Or for that matter, will anyone else be going to bookshop openings as a particular character and choosing a complementary BPAL scent?

I'll be wearing Miskatonic U.

Butterscotchyness = butterbeer

Dusty old books = Hogwarts

:P

Oh heehee, that's a cute idea. I might have to nab it :D

I'm thinking maybe Red Lantern (or Miska U!) for da movie and then Blue Moon for the next book. Not that I'll remember this in a month.

(I preordered with Amazon! :D)

I'll be going to a midnight bookstore opening and most likely dressing up as Bellatrix, so I think I'll need to pick a perfume for that. Blood Countess springs to mind. It seems rich and cruel enough, but it doesn't have her coldness or her sharp, jarring madness. Any suggestions?

Medea? I can completely see Bellatrix killing her own children out of revenge.

Ha, that's funny. I really hadn't thought of it. I'll be going dressed as Bellatrix, so I'll have to think of something appropriate for her. What do you think she'd wear? Or what encapsulates her personality?

I kind of think of Black Tower. Movie Bellatrix is kind of sexy, so maybe something more like Snake Charmer? Hmmm... this will require some planning! I'm glad you brought it up! :P

ETA: Ha! Someone has already brought up Bellatrix. I thought maybe Blood Countess, but it doesn't seem menacing enough on my skin. (Plus, I already wear it a lot.)

Hmm, Darkness?

Edited by naeelah

Bellatrix rocks! :P

Ooh, can't do Darkness - Narcissi, especially black ones, are my Floral Notes of Death. Lillies too, so most of the Ars Moriendi are out.

Some more Bellatrix ideas:

Any of the 4 horsemen

Faustus

Malediction (personally, I kinda hate patchouli and vetiver, but I think it would suit her character)

Oblivion

Fallen (for something more aristocratic than dark)

Bloodlust

The Raven

Hecate

Lilith

Mania

Some generic "magical" scents, might be suitable for any adult character:

Arcana

Incantation

Magus

13 ('07)

This is fun! :D I'm going to have to order some Bellatrix imps along with the new update and hope they get here in time. :P

Edited by naeelah

I am going to dot the entire contents of my imp box all over my body and go as one of those supernatural jelly beans.

:D :P

The people who stand next to you in line that night will be veeeery lucky. :D (And put on the window locks if you're in the car with other people.) Although, it'd be funny to see someone running around shouting, "I'm an every flavor bean! Sniff me and see what you find!!"

Edited by naeelah

The people who stand next to you in line that night will be veeeery lucky. :D Although, it'd be funny to see someone running around shouting, "I'm an every flavor bean! Sniff me and see what you find!!"

:P OMG I love that!!

I also totally love this thread. I work in a children's room and will be working that night, and so I need to dress up. I'm thinking I'd make a good Hermione. Miskatonic U could be a good scent for her. But not for me. LOL I wonder what else would work?

Rina

I work in a children's room and will be working that night, and so I need to dress up. I'm thinking I'd make a good Hermione. Miskatonic U could be a good scent for her. But not for me. LOL I wonder what else would work?

Rina

It would be easy to capitalize on the animal mascots: there are Snake Oilies for Slytherin, The Lion for Gryffindor, Crow Moon for Ravensclaw. Hufflepuff might be a challenge, though.