Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Nonae Caprotina

The scent is of goat's milk, ripe fig, and a hint of sweet myrrh.

This isn't as pungent as the goat milk *cheese* I've tried - I don't think I could identify it as goat milk specifically at all. It's definitely figgy, though. A very nice mild milky scent - I like it, but it doesn't really do anything for me in terms of perfume. Edited by Silvertree
Added scent description.

This one reminded me very much of Milk Moon '05. I didn't pick up the fig at first, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Something in the drydown did not agreee with my chemistry and it just ended up smelling... funky. I'll stick with MM'05

This is... unusual. A previous poster noted the "goatyness" of it, and I concur. The milk note reminds me of Milk Moon 05, but with a raw, earthy, um... wild goatyness. I don't get much fig until the pungent milk fades a little. I'm content with my 1/2 decant of this one.

Not at all like true goat's milk (thank goodness!) but still someone pungent, musky, and earthy. The myrrh is a distant note on me while the fig is of the dried variety (slightly musty?) rather than fresh. Oddly enough, when I first tried my decant, I had forgotten what the notes were in this and thought, "Corn! Corn??!" Thank goodness I tried it a second time, because this is really a very unique and lovely scent ... fresh in a summer harvest way (corn again?!), warm and not too sweet.

Heavy, almost earthy milk--I'm guessing the myrrh here is giving the milk that almost gamey feel. Fig comes out more and more as it dries. Comparisons to Milk Moon are apt...also reminds me a bit of White Rabbit, but figgier, or a heavier Eden.

Ultimately too sour on me, but it's got good staying power and throw.

This is such an unusual scent, I have trouble describing it. It's very fresh and creamy, but also slightly earthy. The fig is definitely in there. I agree that its a drier fig. To me, its the same fig that's in Aeronwren. It doesn't really morph on me. The fig comes out just a little bit more in the dry down. It has good lasting power and a pretty strong throw.

I love fig, and this is really the type I love. This will definitely be a bottle purchase for me.

In the vial: Mostly milk (goat's, I don't know, but certainly milk), but slightly sweetened. It's a very accurate, foody scentI could imagine drinking this were it not, you know, a perfume oil.

On me: The milk actually reminds me a bit of breakfast milk left in the bowl after the cereal is gone: slightly sweetened by the sugar, slightly thickened by the starch, smooth and creamy and foody. The fig comes out after about ten minutesit's a ripe purple fig and contributes a subtle fruity tartness, just what the scent needs to balance out the sweetness. Ironically it's less foody at this stageperhaps the myrrh steps up, I'm not sure, but the scent becomes more sensual than edible. Scent-color is opaque cream; scent-texture is a thick smooth liquid. Throw is a bit too low.

Verdict: An unequivocal successeven if I wish there were a few more inches to the throw, because I'd love to be swathed in this scent instead of sniffing it from my wrist. I get nothing animalic or goaty from Nonae Caprotinainstead it's a sensual, smooth scent. The sweetness and figgy tartness are in lovely balance, and the milk is so fluid that I can almost feel it against my skin. It's wonderfully done, and I'm thrilled to have a decant.

This scent makes my mouth water!

It smells EXACTLY like my favorite snack tasted when I lived in Brazil - Minas cheese (very fresh, soft, and pungent) and Goiaba preserves (that's guava in the US, and a texture similar to canned cranberry jelly). You take a big slice of Minas cheese, a slab of goiaba, smear it on a thick slice of freshly baked bread and you have: Nonae Caprotina. (nom nom nommm) Now all I need is some Guarana.

What an incredible scent experience!

Imp: Fig!

Wet: Woah there's the goat's milk. Reminding me of Milk Moon, but a touch stronger

Drydown:

Round 1 - The smooth, sexy scent of fig.

Round 2 - Nothing sour about it! Just rich creamy figs

Overall: I'm a fig junkie. Part of me desperately wants a bottle, but the other half is alarmed by how quickly this fades...but maybe I can fix that by having the bigger bottle to apply from? ^_^

Sniffed: Sour goat's milk and a bit of juicy fig, a la Carnal. Maybe a hint of dark spice? It's a little foody, but lighter in feel than I was expecting.

Wet: More fig and more spice - oh hai Clove, is that you? I also get a bit of smoky bitterness from the myrrh - this is a lot darker and less creamy on my skin. The milk is still there, but it's thin, sort of watery as well as still sour, and it reminds me of the note in Milk Moon 07.

Dry: The myrrh turns almost dusty, which is better than myrrh usualy does on me, and I think I was wrong about the clove, or it was just a phase, because I don't get it now. This is fruity intense FIG with a little sour thin milk. Not bad, but not fabulous. Fantastic throw & lasting power.

Edited by fairnymph

I am in love! This is my new favorite scent of the summer. Very earthy and sexy, and yet fresh at the same time. A real Goddess scent. It reminds me of my beloved Milk Moon (the original), but with Fig! I'm crazy about fig. Love to eat them, smell them and I'm about to buy a tree for my backyard. This scent is just perfect to me. BPAL's milk note was one of the first I fell in love with, and you combine that with myrhh and fig and I'm in instant lust. I need 458637 bottles of this one . Bonus- my husband loves it too.

In the bottle, this kind of smells like cheese. To check this, I had my boyfriend sniffed, who agreed with me, "Cheese."

Now, I'm a big fan of cheese, especially goat cheese. In my refrigerator, I have this amazing honey chevre and literally, I eat it with a spoon. I don't even sit down at a table, or put it on a plate, I just stand there at my counter unwrap it and eat. It's disturbing how much of the cheese I can pack away at one sitting.

Anyway, I digress...this blend totally smells like cheese in the bottle.

OK, on the skin, the cheese scent kind of fades and becomes more of a creamy, fig smell. It's nice, but not amazing, and sadly, after all this bottle sniffing, I totally want some dang cheese now.

In the imp: Lots of goat's milk!

Wet: Still lot's of goat's milk, which is not at all like cow's milk, and also lots of yummy fig.

The dry-down: The milk has backed down, and that touch of sweet myrrh is spicing up the fig just a tad. My nose is glued, as they say, to my arm. Bottle-worthy, and then some! This isn't a complex scent, but the crafting is in how everything is so well blended. Like others before me, it does remind me of the Milk Moons. I see this as an autumn scent, even though figs usually ripen here in August, and the weather is still hot summertime weather. And I love me some figs and goat's milk yogurt, so this oil was probably a given to start with. And, yes, this is a very foodie/fruit scent. The myrrh is what saves it from being just fruit and food.

this is the blend I was most nervous about testing. Goats milk does not sound like a lovely scent to me.

However, I tried it anyway, because the lab does not make things that smell gross. And of course, this blend is no exception.

Milk, fig, and myrrh, just as described. I was worried it would smell like Milk Moon 2007, which turned to crazy pineapple weirdness on my skin, but this is quite different. I really like it a lot, smooth and creamy but not foody or pungent at all. Yay :)

I got to try a dab of this at a M&S yesterday - thanks for sharing, Lamia!

I was bracing myself for a disaster along the same lines as Milk Moon '07 (the milk/fruit combo was horrible on me), but The Goat proved to be quite delicious :lol:

Instead of being the dominant note, the goat's milk acted as a rich, faintly gamey undercurrent to the fig, and the myrrh added a lovely spicy, smokey element that kept Nonae Caprotina from going too terribly foody. The end result was a very warm, inviting scent - very maternal, to my nose, in a lush-bosom-strong-arms-smattering-of-freckles sort of way. I need to meditate on it a bit, but I may well end up looking for a decant of this - I think it would be fantastic in the fall/early winter...

You're welcome, tartchef ;)

This started smelling like a very nice high-end goat's milk soap. Very nummy, but as I stare at my backlog of scents yet to test, and my box of proven keepers, I wonder if there is room in my life (bathroom) for something that is a pleasant 3 out of 5? No, no, I will be magnanimous, and surprise a friend of mine with this.

And then I started to smell it wafting about. The creaminess of the milk, and the sweet depth of the fig, and the richness of the myrrh, all combine to make a scent of surprising magnificence. On my skin, it smells cold, like milk fresh from the fridge, yet hot at the exact same time. Naturally, I had to check and see if my friend was actually looking for this? Oh! I had it confused, she's SELLING her Nonae Caprotina.

Excellent, I can keep this imp without guilt! :joy:

oh god, i forgot that i can't do bpal's milk note. aggghhh it turns into this sweet-nauseating scent on my skin, which is unfortunate cause i can tell that the fig smells quite nice in the background. i don't get any myrrh for some reason. definitely off to swaps :(

In the bottle and on my skin at first, this smells like Milk Moon '05 - like canned milk with extra sweetness. A little too sweet and a bit milky-sour.

After 5 minutes or so, this dries down and has a lot of figgy goodness to it. It smells like the dark, wooden sort of fig that's in Intrigue, but with an edge of sour milk instead of Intrigue's cocoa. I don't get any myrrh from this at all. The goat's milk doesn't smell any different to me than the usual milk notes.

Nonae probably isn't going to be something that I wear a lot. It smells rather similar to Intrigue, but not as good. I kind of like bpal's milk notes, but they tend to be too cloying & strong for me to wear for any real length of time. I suppose that I just get sick of smelling the milk notes pretty quickly.

Intrigue is one of my favorite fig scents, and I'd reach for that blend over Nonae.

This is strong fig, a drizzle of Milk Moon '05, and no myrrh on me.

This is exactly as the description implies. Sweet fruity fig, with thick creamy goats milk and just a touch of myrrh in the background. It's nice, but I think this may be too creamy for me. It's very sweet. Almost cloying at some points really.

Nonae Caprotina is sweet milk and fig. No myrrh. To my nose, this is very much like Milk Moon--so similar that I don't think I need both.

In the imp: Milk--very goaty milk :eek:

Wet on skin: Ooh, much better! The sweetness of the myrrh and the deep fruity fig are tempering the goat's milk. I'm a big foodie lover so this blend is right up my alley in its present state.

Dry on skin: The milk is almost entirely gone--once dry, the blend is primarily myrrh with a touch of fig for the rest of its 3-4 hour life.

I'm not normally crazy about myrrh, but I really like it in this blend. Very yummy.

I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with this scent! It is warm, creamy, and just a bit sweet. I could sink into and yet I feel invigorated. Just wonderful! I really wish that had been a GC.

Source: Lab

In the bottle: Slightly sour milk.

Wet: Sweetened, condensed milk.

Drydown: A bit of figgy goodness swirls in. The sweetness of the milk is still there, but less prominent.

Dry: Creamy and sweet, with a little fig. I didn't get any myrrh, which is strange as I normally amp that like whoa, but NC is still pretty nice.

Overall: Milk Moon smelled like sour Juicy Fruit on me, so I am pleasantly surprised that Nonae Caprotina works on my skin. It's probably not something I would wear all the time, but I think it seems like a nice summer scent.

I am so pleased with Nonae Caprotina! On my skin, it is light and sweet and delicious from the start, with no initial wet-phase sourness or gamey smell. It's a lovely blend of milk and fig, with neither predominating. I don't really get much myrrh at all - maybe just a whisper in the background that tickles my nose when I huff my wrist too deeply.

I swapped Milk Moon 2005 away a few years back because, though it was lovely in the bottle, it had a chokingly strong throw on me, no matter how little I put on. I'm really happy that this one has so much less throw; it's infinitely more wearable for me. I am planning to upgrade from my decant to a bottle ASAP (though to be honest, I may have done so even if NC had not been this good on me, because that adorable little goat makes this one of my favorite labels of all time).

I am so amazed at how much this smells like a glass of milk. How does Beth do that? The fig is so subtle, slightly sweet, but not sugary. This fragrance makes me think of babies. It has no resemblance to any other bpal I have ever smelled. I tried the last Milk Moon and that one didn't agree with me. This one is unique and beautiful. I am very impressed and so glad that I got to try it.