Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
marared

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel

Polycarbonate and metallic film monuments to domestic whimsy, whirling merrily in the summer breeze.

Raspberry, lime, blueberry, tangerine, lemon, juniper, and white grape.

In short: fizzy fruit punch! I totally pick up the berry and lime and tangerine from first blast - the berry is the strongest, though not identifiably rasp or blue, and it's definitely limey and citrussy. The lemon is nothing to fear - it's barely there. Juniper's nonexistent as well. I think the white grape is what gives it that punch-y quality, and it sorta puts me in the mood for some spiced rum or vodka!

Very strong and lots of throw. It was interfering with my other review, because I kept catching whiffs of Pinwheel while huffing my other wrist.

It's totally a nifty scent, but I'm not sure I want to smell like high-brow Kool-Aid... I was really hoping for a strong raspberry note.

well.. I got something totally different than marared!

when I first read the description, every note but juniper I could totally get behind. I'm a big fruit girl and I was holding my breath that it wouldn't ruin the whole shebang.

bottle: lemon-lime & juniper. Like I dumped a sprite over the bushes.

wet: more of the fruit comes front and center .. it smells like you're in a forest, eating fruit salad under the juniper trees. :yum:

The white grape gives it a bit of a tartness and makes it almost like a fruity alcoholic drink - like the grapes are just starting to turn to wine. It does give a little effervescence.

dry-down: the fruit has stepped up a little more as the juniper starts to play nice. I think Marared nailed it when she called it 'fizzy' .. I hadn't thought of that until I read that and I do agree it has a strange fizz factor. It sweetens up the longer I have it on. It's sort of like when you sprinkle sugar on fresh fruit and let it sit for a bit before indulging.

final word: keeper once it dries down and the juniper chills the hell out!

Edited by MineralGirl

Bottle: Sweet and spiked with gin. Reminds me of Blue Fire or Golden Wave.

Wet: Ahhh that's sweet. Oh, fruity. No bad sour or weird notes. Pretty true to the bottle. Reminds me of a softer, less tropical and slightly less gin-soaked Blue Fire. I'm loving it.

Dry: It stays pretty true but softens up ever so slightly. Its sweet, fruity and very summery, pretty and slightly hyper. A backup-worthy keeper for me!

Effervescent fruity happiness. Up-thread, I see someone else said "effervescent" too!

This is Blue Fire with less booze and more fresh air.

Blue Fire didn't work on my skin and I'd always wondered if it was the Gin or Blueberry that went off. Pinwheels seems to be working out.

Lovely Summertime scent.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Sniffing the bottle, oh yes, definitely reminiscent of Blue Fire and some of the Atomic Luau Tiki Bar scents. :D

Wet on my skin, a boozy fruit scent. I'm picking up the lime, tangerine, blueberry, grape, and lemon for sure. Having trouble discerning the raspberry note though. No juniper yet either.

Drying down, I now smell mostly lemon, blueberry, and grape, but this still seems slightly boozy on my skin. Even there are no booze notes in this... :unsure: And the Juniper never came out on my skin test.

bottle: this smells a lot like the tikis, fizzy fruit cocktail.

wet: this smells like a cross between blue fire and the hamptons. very sparkling and fruity.

dry: this is a lot like the tikis on the drydown, a soft sparkling fruit drink.

In the bottle, this smells like fizzy fruity candy.

Once it hits my skin, the blueberry is most prominent. I love it during this wet stage.

Then, *dun dun DUN* my whack chemistry takes over. :cry2: It takes on a sharp

weirdness. feh

Love this series and it seems to love me so even better!!

In the bottle: Its like grape Sprite if that makes any sense

Wet on skin: Fruity and fizzy like a carbonated beverage which is interesting because I have never had anything that smelled "fizzy" I wasn't aware that fizzy has a smell. The grape is there but not as strongly no juniper for me yet.

Dry: This is a great summer scent it is fruity but not in that super artificial way, light and fun. I smell all the notes and they all come together nicely. I'll be keeping this one that is for sure.

In the bottle: I agree with everyone that this is a fizzy scent. Which kind of worries me as it's kind of like Velvet Pink Kitty and that didn't really work well on my skin. Anyway, it's a fizzy lime with juniper scent in the bottle.

On me: still juniper but now it's heavy on the grape. After a bit the lemon and tangerine are more prominent, but unfortunately the raspberry and blueberry, the whole reason I bought this scent, don't show up at all. :(

Overall: I like this scent, even though it wasn't what I was expecting.

This is one of those scents that I think of as "boozy". I don't really like the boozy.

I put it on anyway.... and later scrubbed it off and replaced it with Pink Flamingo. Since the boozy part just never went away.

In the bottle it's a lot like Blue Fire wich i had but was too boozy for me.

On my wrist it's more fruity/candy fizzy punch.

This starts out a bit strong not really that i love but the more it's on my the more it's calming down.

I can even smell some sweet berry's in it, this is a perfect summer scent too give you a bigger smile ^^

After a few hours:

Everytime i smell my wrist i think of Blue Phoenix... only a little less cakey but i sense a hint of cream in there

hmm think this would be beautiful layerd with something cakey :D

Edited by Icekitten

I've been waiting for a sunnier day to break out the last of the summer limited editions. Beth had me with the fruit, especially the citrus. I am ambivalent about the juniper.

In the bottle: Hawaiian Punch, a less tart version of it than last year's Boo Bam (which I love).

Wet: The same. I'm getting more grape and raspberry than citrus so far.

Dry: Now I'm getting the fizziness some people have reported. The citrus is coming up, and I think I'm getting the juniper way in the back. This isn't Hawaiian Punch. This is this stuff we used to have--do they still have it?--these tablets that you'd drop in water like Alka-Seltzer to make a fizzy punch drink. This smells exactly like that. Oh--yes! Fizzies! My god, I'm old. I had no idea they were artificially sweetened. huh. Anyway--that! No1 Daughter says it smells like Jel-lo and I can see that too.

I like it! Extremely fun summer scent for warm weather. This will be a July/August staple when I want something less tart than Boo Bam. Actually, I can see wearing those two in tandem pretty much all summer. Dang, now I'm getting visions of dissolving some in alcohol in a spray bottle, and keeping it in the fridge as a cooling spritzer.

I almost didn’t buy this one, because sweet and fruity and I usually don’t get along. I had a hunch, though, and I’m glad I listened to it, because I’m in love.

It is perfectly evocative of its namesake and of other wonderful summery things. It’s the smell of a Sno-Cone van, the scent of fruit punch at a child’s party, the smell of Sangria. It’s summery and playful, sweet without being cloying at all. Plus, it’s stuck around for a good six hours now and has just the perfect amount of throw.

I know it’ll be a favourite for years to come and I’m thinking I might need a second bottle.

Edited by lilirose

I don't like this.

I knew it was a mistake as soon as I ordered it, since I don't like fruity scents. When the reviews saying it was boozy came in, I regretted it even more. And alas, I was correct.

It smells so strange..maybe the "metallic" part. I smell a ton of grape, and a weird scent that I wouldn't personally compare to gin (as gin is my favorite drink and I think it smells like pine trees). I don't smell any blueberry or lime, unfortunately. Not . For . Me.

Out of 10: 2, boo.

In the bottle it's a very fruity juniper.

Wet on my skin it's still pretty fruity, but the juniper really pops out. As it dries down the juniper does fade out a bit, and I agree with those who described this as fizzy.. reminds me a bit of a fruit cola. Sadly, I think the juniper is really ruining this for me, it smells a bit like a household cleaner (lemon might also be adding to that).

I really wanted to love this one, I need a good fruity scent, but it smells fizzy and boozy on me. And it stays fizzy and boozy all day. Crap :(

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel-

In Bottle: Cherry-orange-strawberry-blueberry gin!

Wet: Lime-orange Sweet Tarts!

Dry: It's amazing how the gin/juniper note here that's identical to the one in Swank and Blue Fire turns from gin into Sweet Tarts when you give it these particular fruits as backdrop. Deliciously candy!

Overall: A great scent. I may want to wear this a lot.

It smells like fizzy lemon lime (sprite) and juniper. Not sweet and fruity enough for me.

Edited by BuxomM

Tasty, energetic fruits. The lime keeps it from being too sweet, but the other fruits keep the citrus from being too sharp. It's a very bright scent with some energy behind it. Also, for some reason it reminds me of otter pops, which my neighbor and I are obsessed with right now. :lol:

This is fizzy fruit. Like a fizzy fruit punch drink. This also reminds me of those sour apple, strawberry, atomic candies that are sweet on the outside but then have the sour part fizz in your mouth. I want to make a tropical drink like this....this would taste amazing.How Beth does this...I have no idea....but she is an utter genius! :joy:

fizzy? check.

boozy? check.

total headache nightmare on contact with my skin?....*sigh*....check. :(

straight sniff from imp is fruity, fizzy champagne...

once applied the blueberry and lime are hayooge...such a fun scent...totally light and airy...

just like a pinwheel twirling on a warm, summer day.....love :wub2:

I like this - I like it enough to use all of my bottle, but probably not enough to grab a back up bottle of it before it disappears. I love the summer fruitiness of it, but it's VERY boozy on me! Like, "I can't wear this to work!" boozy! :lol: Plus, for some reason, it's not lasting on me, which is not a problem I ever have with BPAL oils. But I'm glad I got it, I love the raspberry fizziness of it, so it's still all good even though it's not going to be a favorite! :D