Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Vigilant day-glo guardians of lawn and patio, stalwart protectors of the home.
Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.

This starts out as sweet fruity-pink (berry candy) marshmallow scent, as pink as its namesake flamingo and with just the slightest plastic edge to the scent just at first.

As it dries down it turns into a fluffy pink candy scent, very fun and bright… and then it goes sour on my candy-hating skin. (I just can't seem to wear certain sorts of sweet candy scents; it clashes with my own skin scent or something.)

However, if you have chemistry that likes sugary and berry scents, this one will be all sorts of fun. It's a bright, berry-candy-marshmallow-poof of a scent.

I was so happy to be able to get a hold of this one after they weren't for sale anymore. At first sniff, I wasn't crazy about it and put it away. I forgot about it 'til recently and really am loving it. It was what I had wanted Candy Phoenix to be. Perfect for summer, light, sweet and a bit creamy, but something slightly green underneath to keep the sweets in check. Yummy!

Edited by violetblue

I was so excited to try this one!

On my skin it smells like Antique Lace plus grass, which I guess is the dandelion??

The bf says..."What smells like play-doh?"

It was me. :(

I can't imagine why I didn't buy this when it was available, because it's all sorts of yumm! It smells like pink marshmallows and green sap just like the description says! I just wish it lasted a little longer!

I've wanted to try this one for absolutely ages, based only on the description too. I got my bottle today and OMGYUM it does not disappoint. I love anything and everything flavoured with or scented by marshmallow, I should state that first of all. If you don't like candyish scents then steer clear of this baby. It's soft, pink, smooshy, sugary, sweet and fluffy. I can't smell the sap or green notes, it's all marshmallow all the time on me.

Wet, it seems more subtle on me. After the drydown it blooms and the sweetness really comes out. I need an endless supply of this! ^__^

The marshmallow is very similar to Velvet Unicorn, but it's more "pink". This is almost like one of those pink marshmallow bunnies, and I can't tell what kind of berry is in here. I get some green sap, and not much dandelion. This is almost sickly sweet and I usually love marshmallow scents.

my first thought: it smells like pink plastic, all right!

then: aaah, there's something sharply, gooily sweet. it's almost like amoxicillin.

finally: a fluffy-soft marshmallow scent with the wonderful dandelion i love so much. it sits close to the skin, and is slightly creamy, slightly sweet, and slightly green. the vanilla is rather flat on me, as most are (:() but i actually do like this as a fun perfume.

Only able to "test" this from an empty bottle, but I will try.

Bottle: This is just.. what pink marshmallows smell like! Very fruity like a berry mix, but overly sweet and creamy. Think vanilla cream with pink sugar hearts in it. ;)

On skin: Given I can only rub the leftovers from the mouth of the bottle on my wrist, this smells utterly delicious! Very.. fruity but bordering on sunny-flowery. Creamy, light.. something between pink and yellow orange I guess (think dandelion and the flamingo). I know this is way too girly for me, but I just love it. And it does not go bad on me like the Lab's sugar notes do.. so maybe I am safe with their marshmallow blends? Yay if that were true! :D

It took a few years, but I finally acquired a bottle of this and I'm thrilled to report that it was well worth the wait.

In the bottle : Wowza! Sweet pink plastic. A little unsure....

Wet on skin : Ok, this is really living up to its name. It's sweet marshmallow, dandelion and sap all rounded out with a plastic tinge. Definitely pink! I like it but the plastic edge is a bit too much.

Dry down : Perfection. The plastic scent drifted away and what's left is sweet pink sugar and marshmallow. The dandelion and sap lend a greenery that is lovely but doesn't stick around for more than an hour or so. I love this.

Stays close to my skin and sticks around all day.

Also want to add that it reminds me of Velvet Unicorn. They share the same sugary scent that I love! :)

This was one of my first bpal bottles and it honestly hasn't gotten much wear until recently. This is really nice! A close to perfect mix of pink, fruity, creamy marshamallowy sugar with a hint of fresh greenery to keep it from going too cloying. I find it a very happy and youthful scent. I really love these type of sweet creamy pink oils. My only wish is that it had better throw, it stays way too close to the skin for my taste.

P.S. I've noticed that this oil can get a little plasticky if I apply it in certain areas of my skin. I've had the best luck in my neck and upper arms, on my wrist it got plasticky.

oh no. why do i have to love this? WHY?!

it's lovely pillowy marshmallows dipped in milk with a tiny bit of green stuff in the background to make it wearable. the pink sugar is what i get the least of. there's just a teensy hint of cherry or berry or something

it's just gorgeous :wub2: if you think you don't like candy smells or foodies, try this anyway. it's very different.

ETA: surprisingly, this also lasts and lasts and lasts...and lasts. it's also got a large throw radius, yet it's pretty subtle. it just kind of floats around you in a cloud of gentle milky loveliness.

Edited by ModderRhu

I can only sniff this one in a bottle because I was given a free sniffie of it which doesn't have enough to actually wear. Also, I have a stuffy nose, but I shall try!

In the Bottle: Candy! It's like a mix of cotton candy and marshmallow fluff! It's super-sweet but not terribly cloying. The very top of the inhale has a hint of grass. It's a shame I can't try this one on!

Pink marshmallows with a short-lived greenness from the dandelion and sap. I would have liked the dandelion to be more pronounced.
A cousin to Velvet Unicorn, but lighter and fresher. It also goes a little plasticky on my skin (VU doesn't). But hey, it lives up to its name! ;)

Imp: Sugar with a touch of slightly medicinal smelling red fruit (cherry?). I can smell the candy/marshmallow note in here that does weird things on my skin....

On: Within seconds of hitting my skin this blooms into... plastic. :( Something floral (probably dandelion) is waving in the background, trying to be seen, but the plastic is so strong I can hardly smell anything else.

20 minutes later: Somehow this morphed into a soft, sugary marshmallow scent, with the dandelion flitting around it. I have never, ever had a blend that's gone plastic turn back on me before, what a nice surprise! Unfortunately the throw is incredibly low - I have to have my nose within an inch of my hand to smell it. It's pretty enough but between the low throw and the plastic phase I just can't see myself reaching for this often. Swap pile!

this is delicious!

it reminds me of strawberry moon v5, so a bit sweet with a hint of green, plus the cotton candy from wiley grasser. all in all, perfect for summer, sweet but not too much, green but not too green, pink but not too pink.

if you can't find this (I tried for over a year before I found a bottle) then try for a strawberry moon because they are similar.

As nearly everyone has said this smells very marshmallowy and pink. It definitely does remind me of Velvet Unicorn, like if it was next to I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain. I don't really smell any dandelion in it, which for me is good because I don't like dandelion. I do have trouble with certain BPAL notes smelling like plastic on me, but happily this one doesn't.

I love marshmallow, and I also love dandelion, so I have been desperate to get my hands on this for a while, and I finally did! A little worried though, as sometimes candy type scents smell like plastic on me.

Wet: This really does smell pink. Like pink candies. Yup, and plastic. *sigh*. I was worried that would happen! Sometimes scents "recover" from being plastic on me, so I'm waiting it out.

Dry: It's totally gone (in maybe an hour). There was a brief phase where the dandelion came out and saved this from plastic hell, but then it just disappeared. I will test it again another day when it's not so fresh out of the mail, and when my skin is less dry and likely to eat it, before I ship this off to swaps.

Plastic Pink Flamingo has been on my wishlist for years. Someone was kind enough to gift me a sniffie of this. Thanks <3

I couldn't really smell much in the empty decant, but there's a *tiny* bit of oil on the wand and I rubbed it on my arm. At first I wasn't going to write a review because I didn't think there was enough to go by, but I keep getting whiffs of the most lovely sugary-sweet marshmallow, so I decided to write one anyway. Up close when I sniff it it's more like the dandelion/sap (but still sweet--it reminds me somewhat of Fairy Wine), but the throw is more marshmallow. I would really like to get more of this and do a more involved skin test because it smells really good! Will update if/when I get more. <3

Oooh! so happy and summery! The hypercandysugarness similar to screeching parrot, but much more... pink! Sweet sticky marshmallows indeed with a tinge of grass in the far far background. So glad I got to try this!!

Edited by Cali

In the decant: I have been dying to try this one for a while, so I am super excited about this one! In the vial, it has a similar vibe to Give Me Thy Breath, My Sister, but creamier, thanks to the marshmallow. I get the pink marshmallow, the sap, and then some dandelion.

Wet: The creamy marshmallow is the dominant note, followed by the sap, and then the dandelion, but I get more dandelion on my skin than I did in the decant. I am a fan of all of these notes, so I am loving this so far!

Dry: The creamy marshmallow note is still the star of the show. After it has been dry for a while, there’s not much dandelion left, but I can still smell some of the sap, although it was stronger during the wet phase.

A few hours later, it is all about the marshmallow.

Verdict: I knew this would be wonderful, and I was not disappointed! I am not going to hunt down a bottle, as there are so many new scents coming out that I try to avoid hunting down old ones, but if I ever see a bottle of this pop up for sale outside of an eBay setting, I’d probably leap for it.

ETA: I did obtain a bottle of this last year, but the bottle is far sweeter and pinker and has less dandelion sap than I get from the decant, so I don't love it as much, even though it is still nice.

Edited by doomsday_disco

^just read @doomsday_disco review saying if  she ever saw this in a destash she would grab it and giggled cause we both did just that!

First I would love an entire collection of this label art. It has a total atomic vibe going on. MCM fans would adore!!!

In bottle it is entirely pink marshmallow fluff but on skin becomes a pink sugary marshmallow peep clutching a dear sweet dandelion. It is so pretty. I think more gourmand than girlish. It is the scent I *need*. With the atomic label art and the fluffy green dandelion, it is like a throw back to simpler times. In the best way I feel all cozy and looking to see if any network is running  a Wonder Years marathon. I want to create side walk chalk art and sip mojitos. 

Marshmallow! Fluffy marshmallow! I tend to amp marshmallow in blends and this is never a complaint for me because marshmallow is one of my top favorite notes. BPAL does marshmallow wonderfully. What is there not to love?

Despite its name, this doesn't turn plasticy on my skin. Of course your mileage may vary and sin chemistry is different, but on me it's all about the marshmallow floof. It's a very gourmand, very fluffy marshmallow cloud and it has this element in common with many of my favorite marshmallow perfumes. It has a sugary element to the marshmallow (again, something else I really love!!) and all of this sweetness is juxtaposed with a little bit of green and floral elements in the back from the dandelion sap. It's just enough to make it stand out amongst other sugary poofy marshmallow options in BPAL's catalogue, but isn't the main focus of the blend on my skin. While I certainly wouldn't complain about more dandelion (I love love love florals too!), I'd consider the amount here just right to be unique from the other options while still being mainly all about the marshmallow.

Do you like marshmallow? Do you like fluffy perfumes? Do you want to smell like a sugary, poofy, floofy marshmallow cloud? If yes, seek this out!

Okay so...I got a full bottle and a dram from one of my swaps. I personally like overly sweet perfumes. This is one I would describe as overly sweet slightly fake marshmallows. Marshmallow peeps. The sap note is the faintest dandelion stem or grassy note that lingers on the background like a whisper. One of my family members famous for her blunt honesty said "you smell like playdough" 

And well, she is right somewhat. This is marshmallow with a bit of an Elmer's glue or playdough saltiness and grass. It's childish, and cloying but it is sentimental. It is soft and gentle and fluffy. It's simple. 

I would also relate this to a "flormond" but instead of florals it's grassiness with the food note.

This is shamelessly childish and simple but I dig it. My favorite stage it goes through is when it dries down to a faint sugared marshmallow vanilla.

Edited by Madonna Lily