Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Vigilant day-glo guardians of lawn and patio, stalwart protectors of the home.
Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.

I was nervous at first because I got that plastic note straight out of the bottle.

But then 10 minutes after I put it on it became warm and soft and snuggly-sweet. All traces of plastic or Play-Doh are erased and it's absolutely divine.

This is such a beautiful scent. Its what I wanted Marshmallow Poof to be, but wasnt. Whereas MP has a plastic undertone, PPF is more like real homemade marshmallows. Its softer than MP, and if you've tried MP you know it has zero staying power, and PPF is not different in that regard. Not much throw either, but its still a gorgeous scent, worthy of hoarding, specially since I'll use more than usual to apply :yum:

I love this blend. Just love it. Super sugary crunchy pink rock candy, sticky sweet sap, and a teensy hint of green stemminess to round it out. I normally give longer reviewers but I don't think there much else I need to say about this one except that I freakin LOVE IT!

I love this...it's like there was a gooey marshmallow stuck in a flower garden or a dandelion field..it's like sweet and yet grassy, sugary but with real greenery. A good balance of the two. Very pretty and evocative of a Plastic Pink Flamingo.

In the bottle, this is indeed a thick blend of mooshy marshmallows and the almost bitter tang of dandelion sap - at once creamy white and sharply green. A unique and strangely pleasing combination.

However, on my skin this devolves into that burned powder note that many foody blends fall victim too. I can only curse my skin chemistry and hope that this plays more nicely with others.

I loved the sweetness in this scent and especially the fact that it is marshmallow :wub3:

dandelion is always a good one for me too so this is one I will def. get!

This one is a bit too sweet for me. There is just a hint of the green notes, it's mostly fluffy marshmallow. After it's been on my skin for a while it goes strange and smells like banana lollies. Then it goes back to pink marshmallow and stays that way. This is the first "marshmallow" scent I've tried and it worked better than I expected, however it's not the type of thing I can see myself wearing again.

Wet, this is Strawberry Campino candies, which I really do love. It dries down to Rice Krispie squares, pretty much exact, the marshmallow note of course, with an extra jolt of vanilla. I keep thinking it smells like a pre-teen fragrance, but I am very much enjoying it, like a comfort scent on me, soft fluffy vanilla. It's almost like there is something missing, and I bet if I layered it with say, Snake Oil, this would be phenomenal. This little gem is a keeper, and I'm pretty excited about layering possibilities. Pleasantly surprised, as this is one foody that I really like a lot, and probably wouldn't have ordered, but did so on a whim. YAY for surprises!! :joy:

In the bottle, this reminds me of Marshmallow Poof. I get that same fruit punch & creamy marshmallow candy smell. I don't smell any dandelion in the bottle.

On my skin, I was disappointed at first, because this smells exactly like Marshmallow Poof. It smells like a cold, fruity sugar. Then, after letting this settle on my skin for five minutes, the dandelion comes bursting briefly into the scene.

I always like how realistic bpal's dandelion note is. It really smells like bitter, weedy dandelions <3. Plastic Pink Flamingo is a lovely, sugared dandelion for a brief stage on my skin. I'm surprised at how wearable the dandelion is when paired with some sweet notes. This is like a dandelion dipped in sugar with just a hint of fruity syrup. :yum: The sugar softens the dandelion's bitter edges and adds a hint of fruitiness, and the dandelion keeps the sugar from being sickly sweet.

And then, unfortunately, this morphs back into Marshmallow Poof after about a half hour and it stays there. It smells like loads of sugar, banana laffy taffy (??), and a splash of fruit punch. Way too sweet...

I adore the label for this and wish that the dandelion would stick around. I think I'm going to try layering this with other dandelion blends...

So, let's see. I'm always hoping the manly scents will work on me, so when someone asks me what I'm wearing I can rattle something off like 'Vampires Standing Precariously Close to a Cliff Looking Menacing but Oddly Sexy Wearing Inappropriately Tight Black Clothing,' so, of course, what works magic on my skin?

Yup.

I suppose, though, the sheer goodness that is Plastic Pink Flamingo on me makes up for the fact that there is, in no terms, any way where I can pull off masculine when I tell someone I'm wearing a perfume that is not only pink, but a lawn ornament.

In short, this scent is "Sweet Grass Frosting."

Which, as horrible as it sounds, is really, really good. On me, the grass and dandelion are very subtle and the pink sugary rock candy comes through - not as almondy candy as Velvet Unicorn, not as blended with gin as Pink Kitty, and, while still not flexing its muscles and pretending not to secretly like watching HGTV, is not as potently feminine.

Wet, sappy, milky, with a bright burst of sugar, and drydown, I get that elusive sugar that people must be getting from other sugar blends that never worked one me - plus that nommy floffy sugar note that resembles Peeps before I OMNOM them to nonexistence.

Good lasting power, too.

I, uh, am glad I stocked up.

Sweet and bright, for lack of a better word. Somehow makes me think of hot pink hard candies.

The dandelion sap lies beneath several layers of sugary pink goodness. On drydown the sap develops more, turning the scent into a sweet and bright green one. This blend is a bit girlish, too.

I'm continually reminded of candies or something similar. I think I'm thinking of that coarse sugar they use on cupcakes and the like that resembles crushed rock candy. Makes sense, because it encases the marshmallow smell. The marshmallow smell is more like the inside of a marshmallow rather than the dry outside.

I like this. A little goes a long way, too. I'll probably have my bottle for a long time.

I bought Aqua's Pink Sugar a few years ago because I want something that smells "pink" and sugary. Pink Sugar gave me a headache, and so when BPAL came out with something that sounded similar I knew I had to try it. Plus, I love flamingos.

This is PERFECT.

It's definitely marshmallow from start to finish, but the dandelion sap keeps it from becoming single-note or bland, or headache inducing. It smells like the very end of summer and it is absolutely delicious. You get a soft blend between marshmallow fluff and fresh grass with dandelions, so it's not too foody. The bottle art is adorable, too.

Just got this one yesterday and am wearing it now. Very sweet, all about the marshmallow in the bottle and first on. Upon drydown I'm getting a little more sappy-green underneath. I love this one, it's just a fun one. Reminds me of my favorite buttercream candle.

In bottle: liquid sugar

On skin: sugary-sweet mounds of pink candy fluff

Half-hour later: still lots of pink sweetness with a poke of green sap

In conclusion: I don't go for the candy-foody blends right off, but this one really pops. I swear it has a light musk, as something anchors it to my skin and it lasts and lasts. This is up there with Pink Phoenix as a classic sugar-blast scent that for some reason smells great on me.

I usually do NOT go for these types of scents (simple, girly, sugary, foody), but the concept just called out to me. Also, the bottle art is adorable.

This is all marshmallow candy, sweet but not toothache inducing, and with an undeniably pink quality. It seems more identifiably fruity (the tiniest bit tart, and I mean "tiniest bit"... there's not much edge to this scent) when it's freshly applied, but when it dries down it just has a sort of powdered pink strawberry sugar type aura about it. The dandelions, unfortunately, do not pop out too strongly, but they're there at the edges, adding a faint touch of slightly weedy, bitter sap and grass.

The throw is minimal, but this lasts a long time on the skin without morphing much. I was hoping that this would remind me of TKO, but what it actually reminds me of is Fairy Market... both of those scents are light and pretty, with creamy sugary candies, the faintest suggestion of fruit, and delicate hints of grass, only PPF is pinker and couldn't be described as a floral.

I feel like this is missing a heavier dose of something clear/sharp to cut through it... some citrus or herbal note. Layering a tiny drop of Aizen-Myoo with it helps immensely... with a dab of that blend, this goes from fun and pleasant to totally addictive. I feel like this would probably layer well with a variety of other scents, too. I'm not normally one for layering, but it's easy to imagine adding pink marshmallows to a lot of things. ;)

Edited by tajana

This is very very pink. It smelled of slightly medicinal sweetness wet...and a little like that pink stuff that comes in the center of a Big Cherry candy (is that the chocolate blob with pink goo and a maraschino cherry in the center?). As it dried, it turned to delightful sugary frosting. I wish I had bought it, actually. It put a big smile on my face and is the pinkest smell I have every had the pleasure of smelling.

I think I'm pretty much in love with this.

In the bottle, it's pink and sweet and sticky. On me...it's softened. I can't so much smell the marshmallow as much as I can smell soft dandelion with a touch of greenness. The marshmallow is still there, but it's almost an afterthought.

This is very, very nice, and I am so glad that I was able to acquire a bottle! :D

Whatever is making those marshmallows pink is what's dominant on my skin. When first applied, it smells not unlike Midway, but then it takes on a much pinker, almost fruity tone. I want to say it's akin to cherry, but not nearly as strong a cherry as, say, Suck It. Sadly, it ends up smelling like a very sweet cherry hard candy when I was hoping for a marshmallow-dominant scent.

Such an amazing sweet scent. Creamy marshmallow. I get a hint of the dandelion but mainly sweet marshmallow. Must. Find. Bottle!

Oh man, I think I :love!: this almost as much as Velvet Unicorn! I agree with earlier posts that it has the similar sugary-creamedge to it the VU has but I smell grass in it too. So warm and candylicious! I don't know how Beth makes scents that you can smell the colors in, but she does! And you can smell pink in this! Now to stalk eBay and sale threads so I can buy a whole bottle!

In the bottle - Glorious sugary marshmallows

Wet on me - The dandelion comes through; it's still backed by the marshmallows, but they are firmly in the background

Dry on me - A peculiarly dry sweetness. I presume that it's the sap, but it's almost resinous with the sweetness of the marshmallows behind it

Overall - It's very unusual, but I have to confess I would have preferred more marshmallows from it

Bright, fluffy pink marshmallow scent. This smells exactly like Velvet Unicorn did on my skin. Pretty, but I don't need both.

Plastic Pink Flamingo - Well, considering that marshmallow does indeed turn to "plastic" on my skin, this is a fitting scent -- it smells like marshmallow plastic and lots and lots of sugar. Dandelion is usually an awful note on me, and while I can smell it in this blend, the plastickiness of the marshmallow keeps it from coming out in full force. In the decant vial, it's marshmallowy sweet and delicious, but I have a feeling that if I wore it in a scent locket to keep it from going plasticky on me, it would become cloying after a while because it's just so uber-sweet.

Well, in the bottle and for the first 10 minutes or so on my skin, this smelled exactly as the notes listed, but all wrapped up in one of those cheap plastic pool donuts (maybe like a plastic pin flimingo would smell LOL). I was so sad UNTIL the drydown was complete, and it went straight to pink sugar. YUM!!!! It lasts for a good bit- maybe a few hours, but not much throw. Tho it is pink sugar, it is more of a mature smell, and less like shockingly sweet pink rock sugar. Very wearable, and I am so glad to own a bottle!