Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Vigilant day-glo guardians of lawn and patio, stalwart protectors of the home.
Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.

Candy candy candy... it's a candy sugar powder, vaguely fruity. It almost reminds me of sweeter Smarties, or these lollipops I used to get when I was little that were sweet and almost chalky in texture.

Imp: Definitely pink scented! Faintly reminiscent of both Marshmallow Poof and Beaver Moon-- More fruity than Marshmallow Poof, and more sugary than Beaver Moon. Tantalizing!

On/wet: Oddly enough, faintly cocoa-buttery sugar. Definitely getting a hint of dandelion, though for now I'm going to say it's a hint of dandelion sap from the cut stem, faintly sticky, sweet smelling (though I'm afraid the sap tastes nothing like this smells) .

Drydown: Creamy, lovely, faintly fruity marshmallows! It's really an amazing scent, because it retains the sugar note and the fruit hint that I first noticed, but becomes a smooth vanilla-strawberry marshmallow, with just a hint of that dandelion sap in the background.

Overall: Eating strawberry marshmallows on the back porch in springtime, maybe very early summer, after the lawn has come back to life enough that somebody went over it with a mower, but no one's bothered trying to pull weeds (read: multitude millions of dandelions) out of it yet.

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Wow, is this sweet! Those sugar-coated marshmallows are vicious. It seems like the same marshmallow note from TKO, but amped waaaaay up with sugar. This scent is a bit too sweet for my liking.

Imp: Sugar rush!

Wet: Dandelion, sugar, and something like the spun sugar note from Velvet Unicorn (to further beat that comparison in to the ground)

Drydown: Uhh...I *did* try on flamingo, right? I didn't wander in to my bedroom and put on Velvet Unicorn, did I?

Overall: This smells exactly like VU on me.

I'm not a big fan of marshmallows, but I really dig pink flamingos and the scent of dandelion.

I :heart: Plastic Pink Flamingo!!!

It's sweet for sure, like Barbie pink sparkly sugar sprinkled soft white musk frosted vanilla cupcakes. At no point does the grassy dandelion note ever have a big solo, though it sings along in the background with great harmony.

After several hours worth of wafting from my scent locket, I did get a lovely faint play-doh flashback. :hippie: I just went with the flow and enjoyed the experience.

Foodie scents can be very hit and miss with me but I'm happy to say that this one works very well!

Why am I always different in my reviews? :lol:

This is brutal. Fresh it is pure fluffy sugar with sugar coating and some sugar on top. And some sugar. I actually hestitated before applying it because it was so incredibly sweet. Nia above mentioned "synthetic" and I woulod tend to agree with her choice of word. It is soooooo sugary that I was vaguely nauseous for a while and consdered washing it off.

After about half an hour, the powerful sugar is only throw (and what a throw, phew!), while sniffing skin reveals dandelion sap; but stale sticky dirty-fingered-child sap. This is going in the trade bag.

Ah well, considering how incredibly exquisitely magnificent Lawn Gnome was yesterday, I guess this is paybacks! :lol:

In the bottle this was sickly sweet and made me feel a bit sick!

As soon as it hit my skin and warmed up it was all dandelion :( it was bitter and over powering!

Once settled and dry I get marshmallow but still the occasional woft of dandelion.

I'm not sure about this one I want to love it... But can I?

I really like this! It is indeed like Velvet Unicorn, but I feel like the drydown has a cleaner feeling to it. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Sugary dandelions overall. I need at least one bottle.

In the bottle: Marshmallows, sugar, and the pink scent of strawberries.

Wet: As in the bottle, only yummier if possible.

The dry-down: I want to lick my wrist. This is like a strawberry marshmallow candy delight to me. (I won't compare it to that strawberry marshmallow fluffy stuff that comes in a glass/plastic jar, because I have never tried the latter, even though I see it at my grocery store all the time. I'm somewhat afraid that it would be totally nasty and artificial in taste.) As it dries, though, the dandelion sap rears its lovely head as a hint of green, keeping this oil grounded and not 100 % candy.

I bought my bottle at the DSWC. As I stated over in that thread, if you like Velvet Unicorn, Velvet Pink Kitty, Marshmallow Poof, and Strawberry Moon 09, you will love this scent. :) My only concern is that I had to re-apply every couple of hours. Other than that, this is just wonderful. :wub2: And the label art? Just darling! :)

I don't think I can add much here that hasn't already been said, but I do agree with the comparisons given earlier - it's like Marshmallow Poof (but not as sweet), Beaver Moon (but not as pink candy-ish), Velvet Unicorn (but not as rich or velvety). What's nice about this one is that it sits somewhere in the vicinity of all those blends, but manages not to be the same as any one of them.. on me, this is quite powdery/creamy and soft and delicate. I do get the pink vibe about it, but not in a fake candy way - just a cloudy kinda non-specific pink.

It's not too sweet, not too rich, it's just right! I'm just not sure that I need a bottle of it, since I'm pretty well stocked for these marshmallow-y strawberry-ish kinda BPALs, but this really is a very nice blend.

Someone dropped pink Peeps in the grass. This is definitely a candied floral but not as intense a scent on me as say, Hope is. It smells both sweet and clean, a little creamy, and while the pink sugared marshmallow is dominant the dandelion is nestled firmly in the center.

It's a nice scent, and it's nice on me, but I'm not "clicking" with it in a way that makes me love it. Maybe later, though; this seems to be one for which I have to be in the mood.

I've found it. My sugary-sweet Holy Grail. At last.

Every other sweet candy blend has had something just a little bit off: Beaver Moon went a little too plastic cheesecake; Sticky Pillowcase had a brown sugar note that I didn't care for; Velvet Unicorn was too...toooo. Even my previous favorite, Treat #1 went a little too sharp for my taste.

This one is perfect. The cream note is pure and marshmellowy instead of buttery or caramelized, the strawberry sugar is clear and pink and plastic-free, and the dandelion is just the right touch of fresh. This is my own personal Pink Princess scent. I feel like I'm wearing my Strawberry Shortcake flannel nightgown, clutching My Pretty Pony every time I put this on. Bottles and bottles, yes :love:

This is a fun scent... very sweet and fruity and all candy-like. It calms down a bit for me on drydown and reminds me of the burnt sugar of a good creme brulee.

plasticpinkflamingo.jpg

A gift from Lamia--Thank you!!

Imp: super pink sugar fantasticness. It really does smell pink!

Wet: super pink sugar, nothing else.

Drying: About 5 min in, a green grassiness is just barely perceptible under the pink goo, and it strengthens...for about 5 minutes.

Dry: Then, its back to mostly pink sugar goo. Really sweet, creamy, pink sugar.

Overall: I kinda liked it best when I could smell the pink AND the dandelion, but that phase was extremely short lived on me. I think I'll keep the imp, but don't need more.

Edited by jewelbug

ZOMG! Yes!

Sorry about that, I am overcome with glee. At first this is exactly like Marshmallow Poof, which is exactly what I had been hoping for (marshmallows and pinkberry), then some vanilla comes out, then a hint of bubblegum, then it is sweet pink vanilla. This may as well have been formulated with me in mind, as it is exactly what I have been hoping for. Ever since I scored a bottle of Marshmallow Poof, I've wanted something I could stock up on and slather. This is even better than the Poof, I know, I blaspheme, but seriously, the vanilla is so perfect and I just can not shut up about how much I love this! I just wish I had been saving up so I could have a hu-uge stockpile. I would seriously love to have this in lotion, and bath oil, and bubble bath, and shampoo, can my whole world smell like this please? *is using the unicorn skin in celebration*

:wub3: XD

I didn't like this much at first, but it is starting to grow on me. It seems to me that there is a cream note in it. Pink sugar, marshmallows, and vanilla cream, like a pudding.

ETA: this smells fabulous. Not my usual type of scent but perfect for a warm cuddly summer fragrance.

Edited by Megank4

In bottle: Strawberry marshmallow. Yummy. Wet: A little more chemical on me, but still marshmallowy. It evens out nicely after a bit. It’s less sweet than Marshmallow poof, which is just fine. Dry: Soft pink marshmallow heaven,

OMG.

When I sniffed this in the decant, i'm like.....oh no. THE POWDERED SUGAR DEATH NOTE.The sugar note Beth uses to make marshmellow. It turns into this powdered sugar note of death for me. Marshmellow Poof, Beaver Moon 07, Snow Angel 08, Underpants, all turned powdered sugar of death.

Well, today I got Pink Flamingo, and immediately, I smelled that note. And I thought, well, i'll just try it. And there was the powdered sugar note of death. So I sat for an hour doing some other stuff, and sniffed it again. Powdered sugar.....but with an undertone of.....what is that........ TOASTED MARSHMELLOW YUM. OMG. WOW. I HAVE OVERCOME THE NOTE OF DEATH!

This worked for me where Velvet Unicorn did not. It was a lovely, soft pink marshmallow, with a bit of pink hard candy thrown in for good measure. It decided to play nice, and didn't even think of going plasticky on me!

Plastic Pink Flamingo is so yummy! I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so maybe it's my chemistry, but it smells almost exactly like Glowing Vulva after it dries. So many new loves and not enough days in the week.

Mmm warm clouds of sugary fluff. I was really hoping for the dandelion and sap notes, but they only add depth to this scent and don't really come out over the sugar overload. Drat. Pretty smell - reminds me of bath products like Cocoa Pink or something that go for the uber-sweet variety of smells. Would be pretty in a lotion or something, but not really a "wear outside" scent on me.

In the vial: Velvet Unicorn! But there's something green here too, that tones down the excessively pink sugary-ness of the unicorn pleasantly.

Wet on skin: definitely Velvet Unicorn, but with something creamy added. It's smoother and less of a sugar-rush!

Dry on skin: crunchy pink sugar and creamy sap. OK but not fabulous. Dries down to dandelion stems crusted with sherbet, which is just plain unpleasant to my nose!

Pink sugary fluff!

Along the lines of the more recent Velvet Unicorn, it kinda puts me in mind of Pink Moon 2005. It's a very sweet, very candy like blend. I think the dandelion balances out the marshmallow because usually anything with marshmallow goes to plastic on me.

I like it. Perhaps not enough to get more, but I think I'll test this sniffie once again and change my mind.

My first sugar scent! Very excited.

In the bottle: Sugary, but with a distinct tartness and a background of strawberry. What does this smell like?? It smells familiar... oh! It smells like Smarties candy. :\

Applied, wet: Nope, no dandelion. (Darn, I was hoping for some nice green to counterbalance the sugar, since I love green smells.) Instead of the dandelion, some strange creamy note comes into play, which reminds me a lot of fresh Snake Oil - ALMOST powdery and a little Play-Doh-y. On top of the Smarties candy scent, it just smells... weird. Not a good sign! :(

Dried down: Despite the really weird-smelling wet stage, my skin chemistry seems to play really well with this once it's dry. (This is about 1 hour after first application.) Now it smells AWESOME. I'm only a dabbler, but when I put my nose to my wrist, my skin smells like the inside of a marshmallow. Creamy and sweet without being fake. I get no "pink" or "green" smells from this at all, just gentle creamy white-sugar sweetness. It is almost like a vanilla scent, but it's not. Oh my gosh, I love it!

Verdict: I really, really love this once it's dried down on my skin. I don't have any sugar scents yet, and I'm just glad this worked on me. I have to admit the fresh, wet smell is simply weird on me, but it's worth it to get to the dry stage. I'll just have to apply it a little bit earlier before going out the door in the morning.