Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Vigilant day-glo guardians of lawn and patio, stalwart protectors of the home.

Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.

In bottle/imp: Fluffy marshmallows with a twinge of very faint stemmy stickiness.

Immediately on skin: This smells like marshmallows mushed together with a wee bit of dandelion. It’s a poofy, fluffy marshmallow scent with a light fruitiness to it, and then there’s the kind of green, herbal flowery smell of the dandelion following behind. The sap note is kind of sticky and bitter. After even just a moment on my skin, the dandelion and sap notes have gotten a lot stronger and the marshmallow is just giving them a smoother, yummy overall feel.

After a little while: The dandelion and sap seem to settle down a bit again, and this becomes a marshmallow scent with a hint of fruit and a little fresh dandelion. The bitterness from the sap and dandelion have faded by this point, and the scent is a sweeter one with a nice balance between the candy and greenery.

Overall Impressions: This is a totally fun scent. It smells a lot like Marshmallow Poof on me, plus a bit of dandelion and some slightly bitter sap at first. It settles down nicely though into something really well balanced. It’s smooth and fluffy marshmallow and bits of summery dandelion. This blend is totally fun and quirky.

This one starts out super sweet, as it is in the bottle. Its a marshmallow Peep that hits you over the head, but once on the skin it lightens into a soft-spun marshmallow fluff with a hint of dandelion on the dry-down.

It reminds me very much of Velvet Unicorn. Its pink, sweet, and soft. I feel the need to have at least 2 back ups of this. Its just so happy and gently sweet. The downside is that it fades of of me very fast and has low throw once it dries down so I really have to dump a lot of it on.

Ok, I was a little dissapointed in this one. I hoped for more marshmallow and less dandelion and that's not what I got. In the bottle it smells a lot like velvet unicorn but with something bitter. On my skin I get mostly bitter dandelion with underlying marshmallow. But I do have to give it props...it does smell like a plastic flamingo! The lable art is cute too.

I am also reminded of Velvet Unicorn.

I get Marshmallow with a singular drop of fruit. Taking a stab at it, I'll say Cherry. Do not smell any Dandelion though. However, in Velvet Unicorn there was an unidentified "hard" note to my nose. And there's something similar here too.

Recommend testing this first before purchase for those who find stuff like "Marshmallow" ending up like plastic. This comes fairly close to doing that on me and my skin really likes stuff like this.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Sniffing the bottle, this is reminding me of Beaver Moon '05 and Velvet Unicorn.

Wet on the skin, creamy marshmallow-y fruit with dandelion. The dandelion really does a good job of tempering the marshmallow from going too sweet. And it's a minor note on my skin. I'm getting mostly fruity marshmallow.

As it dries, it's remaining much the same on my skin.

Very nice..... ;)

Definitely a keeper. :thumbsup:

Edited by angelicruin

bottle: it smells like pink. just... pink.

wet: this scent is amazing. it does not smell at all like marshmallows to me, it's a sweet, light fruit/sugar scent with a teensy smidgen of greenery. i wouldn't call it dandelion or sap but that's definitely the feel. so pretty and girly, i adore it and will very likely be buying another bottle.

dry: the greenery scent is a bit stronger once dry but it does nothing to displace the scent of pink. it's pretty in a bottle.

I was very sad that I didn't get a back up of Velvet Unicorn. But then....

PLASTIC PINK FLAMINGO flew to my house!

The first time I tried it, it is was yummy pink marshmallow goodness in the bottle.

on my skin, the greenness of the dandelion stems came out a little bit....

but on dry down, it was back to pink fluffy goodness!!!!!

LOVE! Must have many more bottles!!

Edited by TwilightEyes

On the bottle, it is extremely sweet and just a tiny little bit fruity. But on my skin, it turns into cough syrup. :( A synthetic sweetness covered up in something bitter and slightly dusty. It has nothing to do with other dandelion blends I like. A complete disaster.

I don't know how I feel about this..

I had such high hopes, but it just kind of smells..weak. I guess I didn't know what a marshmallow would smell like. It's very mild and light, which isn't bad, but it's very..I dunno the right word, muddled? I can't really tell what it smells like, I almost smell strawberry. A little bit of the dandelion note from Strawberry Moon, but mostly that weak, strange strawberry. Oh, I am sad. Hopefully when I try it again, I'll like it a little more.

Out of 10: 5 (for now)

ETA: Yes! I love this now. Thank goodness. Now I smell the grass and dandelion from SM, but mostly a sweet, fluffy pink marshmallow. Awesome.

Edited by revinn

Sniffed: Sweet, foody, creamy, and very pink smelling. Reminds me most strongly of Velvet Unicorn with the creamy pink candy. The marshmallow note is maybe a tiny bit plastic/powdery, but is very faint. Hints of dandelion and something resiny (sap?).

Wet: Less sweet, and less of the tartness of the fruity/foody note, too. All about the marshmallow at this point - identical to Marshmallow Poof, though there is still an edge of pink sugar, bitter green dandelion, and resin. These are all sadly faint, and this is mostly plastic-powder.

Dry: Slow to dry, but more dandelion (and less so sap) emerging as it does. The plastic powder of the marshmallow has backed down enough for more of the creamy pink candy note to shine. It's a lovely green, outdoorsy, not-too-bitter dandelion note. It's faded a lot in potency, though it was never that strong a scent.

Later: The pink sugar amps up a bit, and it reminds me exactly of the pink sugar note in Pink Moon 2005, while the creamy candy note from V. Pink Kitty & V. Unicorn holds nicely. There's still an edge of the fake powder from the marshmallow, but it's tolerable. The dandelion and sap are very lightly bitter-green and softly milky - all notes are in balance right now, none dominating.

Summary: The dandelion is not nearly as strong here as it is Strawberry Moon 2009 - and this is a softer, creamier, mellower scent. Low throw but decent longevity.Not crazy about the marshmallow-heavy stage, but most of the time this is quite lovely. I'm happy with my bottle, but won't need more.

If you like this, try: Velvet Unicorn, Pink Moon 2005, Marshmallow Poof, Strawberry Moon 2009

I was a bit afraid to try this, as marshmallow, sugar, and dandelion are all trouble notes for me (plastic, burnt sugar and soap respectively), still.. I had to at least give it a try, and I'm glad I did.

It's sweet marshmallows in the decant. On my skin it became very close to going soapy, but as it dried down it just became a wonderful sugar and marshmallow scent. Sweet, a little bit light, but it stays true and doesn't morph into something awful. Finally, a BPAL sugar scent that I can love! :lol:

in the bottle: well hello marshmallow!

wet on the skin: marshmallow with something a bit green behind it

dry on the skin: the hint of green is barely there and it's just the marshmallow goodness again

:love!:

Plastic Pink Flamingo-

In Bottle: Oh, there's that play-doh note that I associate with BPAL's marshmallow. Same scent that was in Marshmallow Poof. A little oily-plasticky.

Wet: Sugared play-doh.

Dry: This turns into sweet sugar on the dry-down, though it takes a while to get past the oily play-doh. I don't dislike the play-doh scent, I think it's interesting, but it's not really something I want to wear. Though the dry-down is very nice.

Overall: A clever interesting scent but not one I will wear.

It smells like pink sugar marshmallow and dandelion. Then it turns to sweet playdoh but it's pleasant.

I love this one - it's a marshmallow scent that doesn't go plasticky on me (like unfortunately Marshmallow Poof does). It's a warm, sticky, and gooey marshmallow scent. It reminds me of trying to ackwardly roast marshmallows over the stove - and getting marshmallow stuck to my fingers and leftover on my lips. The other notes don't jump out at me (except for the marshmallow and sugar) - but instead ground the scent for me - making it more "gourmand." A summer must have!

Naughty rating: I wouldn't kick it out of bed in the morning and might even invite it to stay for breakfast ;)

This smells like a pink marshmallow. The kind you would use in Rice Krispy Treats. :yum: The dandelion keeps this from being too sticky and sweet. I think I will keep this for the novelty aspect, maybe even wear it for Halloween.

Pink Flamingo is everything I wanted Marshmallow Poof to be and wasn't. my problem with Poof was that it struck me as really one-dimensional, and ended with a faint wiff of just sugar a short time later. not so with Flamingo. it's absolutely sweet marshmallow, but it's more than that. i can see why some folks thing it's like Velvet Unicorn- it's got that same rock-candy kind of sweetness to it- but there's something more to it. the sap absolutely adds something special here, but this isn't a "green" scent. mostly, it reminds me of cotton candy scented play-doh, in the best possible meaning of that description

this will require a big bottle, oh yes it will :lovestruck:

straight sniff from imp is dead-on marshallow...

once applied green grass and marshmallows...sweet but not overly so...

never turns play-dough either...this is a super fun scent...i needs me a big bottle!!!

I didn't really think I was going to like this one, because I'm really not a fan of sweet smelling blends. They tend to be a little too syrupy for me, and when I opened this imp I was hit with a blast of syrupy marshmellowy sweetness. But I still wanted to try it, so I put it on, and it stayed sweet. But then it started to dry, and the dandelion really came out. :yum: When it completely dried, it was like there's this faint haze of sweetness layered over the dandelion and a greeny sap. I'm starting to think I may need a bottle of this. And as everyone else has said, it's a very pink scent. ;)

LOVE IT! Love it love it love it! I just snagged a second back up bottle!

On first whiff, I wasn't sure I was going to like it at all, since it comes across VERY foodie on me, and I'm not a big foodie scent person. But then on dry down, it went all vanilla and sugar and marshmallow (which happen to be food scents I can totally get behind). I'm crazy about this, I wish so much it wasn't an LE!

Plastic Pink Flamingo

A surprise hit! At first, it's very dandelion-sappy (and Velvet Unicorn-y), but it dries down to a very pink Marshmallow Poof-y scent. I think I like this better than Marshmallow Poof, and certainly better than Velvet Unicorn. There seems to be a tiny bit of dandelion in the background, if I inhale really deeply, and I think that makes all the difference. I have a decant, but might have to get a bottlle as well.

Pink marshmallows, yes--but this is the marshmallow that goes all plasticky on me, alas!! Ends up as lightly sweet plastic.

Wheeeeee! I love this scent! In the vial it reminds me of those multicolored pastel bunny-shaped marshmallows you get at Easter and NO I'm not talking of Peeps (I hate those things).

I see all the comparisons to Velvet Unicorn, but this is much closer to Velvet Pink Kitty to me, like VPK minus the fizzy/boozy note that mellowed down just enough in the dry down to make me really like the scent (seriously, I could do without the wet stage on that one).

This will be a multi-bottle purchase if I didn't already have a bottle of Velvet Pink Kitty. Perhaps I'll get a couple of these and let VPK into the wild.

In the bottle: Wow! One of my favorites this time around!

On the skin: Sweet and marshmallow creamyness! Normally I don't think I would like this scent too much, but it is actually very.... attractive!

The sweetness dies down after a bit and I am left with a wonderful creamy marshmallow scent. Soooooo yummy! This one is definitely a keeper. I am actually very tempted to get a back up bottle.

-EDIT- *sigh* Just tried this one after awhile of it languishing in the box, and it definitely isn't working as well on my skin anymore. I am definitely getting the "Plastic" in Plastic Pink Flamingo... Nooooooo!! Off to sales... *sigh*

Edited by Catseyes