Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
astrid

Templum Victoriae Atmospheric Spray

Frankincense, olive leaf, champaca, beeswax, amber, and bay myrtle.

Oh man, BPTP totally bites for *only* offering this in squirt size! What starts out as rather frankincensey scent and goes to honey and rather Lupanary, settles to an absolutely GORGEOUS golden scent. What an incredible atmospheric!! Love it!!

this is pretty fine stuff, i must say.

there is the honey that showed up in my beloved Lupenar, for sure, and it's just as beautiful and rich here. but then this really well behaved frankincense note is adding a resin-filled balance that cuts through the sweetness of the honey. it's really a lovely mixture.

in all: i predict this will be very sought after. ;)

Luckily for me, the honey isn't as strong as the resinous notes because I have several of these squirts to enjoy... thank you, Trading Post (and Puddin') for this wonderful atmosphere scent!

Hmmm...mostly powdery amber and beeswax. This smells like incense to me, but not your typical BPAL incense.

There's a note in here that's not agreeing with my nose. Not sure what it is (possibly the mytrle?)

Not for me, but I can see why others love it so so much. I'll happily pass this on to someone who will enjoy it :)

in the squirt subtle; primarily amber and beeswax; really beautiful

in the air there's bloom of something green and vegetal here, perhaps the olive leaf? soft and pretty and generally inoffensive, perfect for a quiet atmospheric spray that doesn't scream SOMEONE SPRITZED IN HERE.

Spraying this, its golden and resinous, and I can see why people would enjoy it. However, something in my brain is interpreting one of the notes (and I can't for the life of me figure out which one!) as...dare I say it...urine :ack: . So, no, this is not the spray for me. If I wanted my pillows to smell like pee, I'd adopt a naughty male cat. :lol:

Edited by jewelbug

Sweetened incense, beautiful! My only complaint is it disappears pretty quickly, in comparison to something like Gooey Pillowcase which is quite potent. I would like this in a perfume as well as a giant bottle for the house.

Honey incense. This one is definitely beeswax and amber. A tad too sweet for me though, but very golden and resinous.

this is so awesome!! like a very expensive headshop kinda scent...the frankincense is of the highest quality...

combine that with the champaca and olive leaf...wowza...this is marvelous and i would def buy a big one if

the trading post offered it :wub2:

Beautiful honey-incense with just a touch of summer greens underneath. If I could, I would totally roll around in this scent! :lol:

It's certainly much lighter than the L'Estate Atmospheric Spray that I use. I would almost say that it was like L'Estate's younger cousin. It seems good for those hot, summer days when you just want a bit of a golden summer scent.

It's funny to read the mixed love it or hate it reviews for this spray. Luckily, I am in the love-it camp ^_^.

I get frankincense, beeswax, and olive leaf from this, mainly. The beeswax and frankincense are wonderfully smooth and sweet, but not too sweet or just a sweet fragrance. The olive leaf has this sort of slightly clean, slightly herbal, exotic smell to me. It's just wonderfully incensey and exotic smelling, and a very smooth fragrance. There's nothing sharp or out of place about it.

I'm happy to have several of these sprays. I'll probably use it to spray on my jackets, since I love the smell so much. :wub:

Geez, this is a hard one to review. Very resinous, almost smells outdoursy in a way in the fall when the leaves are rotting. Not really my cup o tea.

Edited by milo

I don't normally like frankincense, at least not on my skin, but this is nice! Kind of rich and golden and ambery and elegant, with the beeswax coming through clearly. Quite the nicest atmosphere spray I've tried! It smells clean, in an I-just-polished-the-antique-furniture kind of way. In fact, I absolutely adore it and I would buy a large bottle if one ever became available. I wish it lasted longer. I think I will spray it onto fabric, eg the bath mat, to see if it will last longer that way.

Oh holy farking WOW. :thud:

Yes. THIS. I knew I'd love it, being a total sucker for frankincense & beeswax, but this is just... just stunning. Delicious. Amazing. PLOTZ.

Specifically, this is rather what I'd hoped for from The Magi - sweet, sparkly resins, but with a touch of bitter, leafy incense smoke & a gloss of warm wax. It's incredibly well-balanced & long-lasting - I misted my shirt yesterday morning (and spent the better part of the day randomly yanking the front hem up over my head for a full-body sniff :lol:), and this morning, it's still going strong. The squirt I did in my office faded after about 6 hours - it's a very small space, but still, that's good bang for the buck.

The only heartbreak? Templum Victoriae's limited availability! I'd buy a full size of this in a heartbeat, and would sell my soul if Beth ever formulated this for perfume oil :beg:

Yeah, this is something pretty damn special. Well done, Puddin'! :wub2: And endless thanks to zankoku_zen for sharing the love :kiss:

I get incensey resins, a sort of soft woodsiness, something a little powdery-soapy (golden amber I think), and that sweet beeswax folks are talking about. It's surprisingly nice, though not my sort of thing. The beeswax note however is DIVINE, and I agree that this has a warm/golden L'Estate-like feel.

I was so sure that I'd love this spray, so my expectations were pretty high. I was expecting a honeyed, golden amber incense. Instead this was a much woodier scent. It almost smells like pine. It's definitely incensey, but it's not sweet at all. It is nice, and it's very different from the GC room sprays. However, I do not *need* to have it like I thought I would.

My nose is broken!

All I smell from this is sharp sharp alcohol. I admit that I am extremely sensitive to alcoholic smells, which is why I don't wear non-oil perfume in the first place, but even after this dries away, the smell of isopropyl is hanging in the air. I got a touch of resins when I sprayed it, before I read the notes, but it was buried in this acrid cloud of... bleh!

I tried it on my couch first and I think I am going to back home and try it in the air, to see if the sharp reeking part of the smell dissipates. The resiny smell that I COULD detect was exceptionally nice... I'd really like to see more of it peeking through!

This is stunning. It is probably going to even beat my beloved Snow White Spray and L'Estate.

Soft, girly, powdry - this is all amber and frankincense, and it is gorgeous. I didn't realize there was an actual scent description, had I known it had beeswax in it, I probably wouldn't have sprayed it. The beeswax is undectable to my nose, and I swear there is a touch of rose somewhere in blend.

So my little goblin squirt is going to be sprayed very lovingly and I only wish that this was offered in a bigger bottle all the time.

Ok...I am not sure how I'm going to feel about this...I enjoy most of the notes in this, especially frankincense in an atmospheric setting, and champaca...but I have a rather strong dislike of olive anything. We shall see...

Ok, this is quite powdery in the air...amber always just seems powdery to me. This is mostly amber and beeswax, with a touch of frankincense. Soooo powdery to my nose! >_< I don't say this often, but I wish this was a bit darker and incensey and resiny!

Yep, this ends up being the smell that most amber blends get on my skin. Sweet powder! Odd...will have to pass this along to someone who will enjoy it more!

This is incredibly warm and golden. It leaves a long-lasting fragrance, heavy on the beeswax and resins. Reminds me of a sunlit apartment, the kind with the ceiling-to-floor windows. I really, really like this, and it's the first BPTP spray I've tried, so of course I want to try more now. :P

This is gorgeous :wub:

Templum Victoriae does indeed smell like a temple to me, specifically like church on Palm Sunday: beeswax candels, wooden benches, olive branches and wafts of incense.

This is what I wanted to get from Midnight Mass or Cathedral instead of all incense all the time.

It's a wonderful bedtime scent for me -golden, soft and well-loved. Just a spritz on the pillow and I'm drifting off with a smile on my face. And boy does this have staying power! I used it yesterday before bed and I can still smell it tonight. I'd buy a big bottle in an instant.

Scratch that, I'd *hoard* a disgusting number of bottles if they were ever made available.