Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unreleased prototype, no scent description given.

Hmmm... this one was definitely a fresh, airy grassy blend. I would say that the grass note is the same one found in the BPTP Dog Days of Summer, except slightly greener. Like an intersection of that grass note and the one in Host of Air, given the airy qualities. I detect a bit of lemon.

Very fresh. That's the best way to describe it. It isn't the mowed lawn blend, but it's a nice grassy one. Airy, light, fresh.

This is definitly green. I get hints of an aquatic or slightly astringent to this. But a nice fresh crisp green. I love this one.

780893062_hurto-Ti.jpg

Grass? yes. Herbs? check (although 'weeds' might be a more accurate designation). Airy/fresh? definitely. Water? .........whoa. Why yes, there's definitely an aquatic note to this prototype! This isn't salt water, nor is it rain water nor yet is it swamp water! What it is --at least to my nose-- is what one would smell if standing in the middle of a lovely spring meadow with the trickling sound of a small brook or stream nearby. This is the perfect blend to wear on a hot summer day, because with the eyes closed, that's where one is transported. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...bliss!

Edited by stellans

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Wet greenery, crushed green grass, and some sort of florals, with a hint of maybe tropical fruit below.

Wet: More fruity, and more bitter. Maybe papaya or passionfruit - not very sweet, but with a tart sort of green edge - and some very bitter-sharp green note. I suspect some narcissus, as well.

Dry: It loses a little sharpness as it dries, and the fruity note is really lovely - I do think it's papaya, and maybe there's some melon in there too.

Summary: Oh one of the green notes is almost definitely dandelion (love!), but the narcissus and maybe some neroli make this unworkable for me. It's too bitter and sharp, and the fruit fades too much.

Slightly aquatic with predominant thick heady flowers. Some resins too underneath and supporting. This blend brings to mind the color purple and lushness, richness.

Ah, now it’s becoming more clear, I smell petitgrain, maybe a bit of orange blossom….the aquatic note that I smelled in the beginning has disappeared, and this doesn’t smell purple to me any more. Though it does still retain the lush quality. It’s more a shimmer of color, rich jewel tones. This is a very pretty, sensual scent.

Now that it’s been on a while, the bitterness and brightness that characterizes petitgrain really comes out. The color has changed yet again, and instead of being rich jewel tones, this is lighter, more ethereal colors. Backbone of golden amber. I really like this scent.

I think that there's ozone or aquatic in this, because it goes pretty soapy on my skin. It has a fresh, green, plant-y sort of quality to it that I kinda like, but the soapiness bothers me. PX72 is like garden fresh scented dryer sheets on me...

In bottle: Chalky and green, like crushed vines and dandelion stems, maybe bell pepper. There is something dark and vicious underneath that I can’t place. I’m also guessing musk. There is a hint of brackishness as well. Wet: Very fierce. The slightly nasty thing hidden in the green pounces and it’s smoky and intense. This is strong and interesting with the complexity of the greens carrying over, but it’s rather too much for me. Lots of headache making throw. It’s very much a wild thing scent. I suspect it’d be brilliant on the right person, but I’m simply too sensitive. Dry: Maybe it was amber instead of musk, because the slightly powdery dry down makes me think more of amber. It’s sweeter and softer, though that vine note stays dominant. I’m unexpectedly loving this, it’s so much more gentle than I was expecting, balancing its fiercer and softer elements into something right in the sweet spot. It’s still unusual and interesting, instead of averaging into bland. Given my mild allergic reaction to it, I can’t wear it, but I would enjoy it on someone else.