Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

That! The Thing From Over There! v1

Sniffed: Kiwi and spearmint and honeydew melon - sweeter, less tart and less zingy than the released version. Less herbal, more straight fruit

Wet: Uh...cinnamon? Or some kind of sweet spice? Way, way sweeter on my skin. I also get a berry-ish sort of note. No grass, none of that greenery from the released, though there is the same kiwi note.

Dry: I definitely think it's cassia, NOT cinnamon. Carnation and/or bitter clove, as well? Still kiwi, but not much other fruit. Also, maybe some woody? This has a rich warmth to it, very unlike the released version. This has become insanely musky - green musk and possibly others, amping over time on my skin.

Later: The light woods/musk drydown reminds me greatly of 51 - really nice - with the green kiwi taking the place of the green fruits in that blend. This is pretty darn spicy, in a warm/creamy, sort of exotic way. After a while it starts to remind me a fair deal of I Married A Vampire From Planet X. It lacks the cool cleanness of the released version; it's more rich warmth.

Summary: Musk, carnation, bitter clove, cassia, and maybe some amber? Along with a ripe kiwi note that fades over time, those 'light woods' from 51, and a hint of some sort of citrus. This becomes mostly spicy, slightly powdery, woody MUSK after an hour or two. Good throw & excellent longevity.

It's radically different from the released version which I tested side-by-side, well, on my other arm, that is! This is much spicier, stronger, muskier and richer. The released dries down to a faint, cool, minty clean scent, and this dries down to spicy, creamy, slightly woody MUSK and has way better throw & longevity.

Note: I just noticed the 'released version' I refer to - the DD scent - is That! The Terror From Over There! - so there was a name change, too, apparently. But my bottle definitely says THING.

Yum! This is definitely kiwi + spearmint, a hint of honeydew melon and I'm guessing cassia or cinnamon in it. It's just slightly musky on me, I definitely get more of the fruit (kiwi + melon) with the cassia-like base underneath. It definitely turns slightly masculine in the drydown. Hrm. I kinda enjoy this.

Received TODAY from Midnight Aeval :D

First sniff, wet, it's umm wha....oh, I'm hearing the DoubleMint gum commercial in my head, and I want it gone! Double your pleasure, double your...NOOOO, make it stop! It's all spearmint chewing gum when wet, I'm really getting not much of anything else. Then the drydown comes and there is a certain sweetness, must be the melon? Kiwi? Doesn't exactly smell like either, just adds a certain level of sweetness to my chewing gum. I can start to pick up a musky base to the blend, green musk makes the most sense. It remains this exact smell and slowly fades over the next two hours. I think the ageing has subdued the fruits and amped the spearment to a fever pitch. This will be nice to wear when the weather breaks over the next couple of months. Definitely fills a void in my collection, a very different blend from what I normally wear, and ultimately, I like it!

Well, what a difference a couple days makes! This time the oil lasted much longer on me. Actually it's one of the longer lasting BPAL's I now own. Also, the musk is much more prominent and takes over upon drydown, with a cool spearment backing. I'm starting to love this blend...

Edited by *butterflybynight*