Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Neko

If I love Egyptian Goddess

I've recently discovered that I love Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess. I bought this perfume oil to wear to a larp (I wanted the distinct change in personal fragrance to signal a subtle but unnerving change in the character) and I found myself falling in love with it. I was wondering if anybody had discovered a similar scent in the BPAL repertoire. I'd love to purchase a BPAL oil that smells like Egyptian Goddess! I know that Beth, master perfumer and artistic genius that she is, would be able to create something even more enchanting and delicious!

So, any suggestions?

I love Egyptian Goddess too...so beautiful!! I remember a thread a while ago we were talking about it (can't find the thread though dang it) but Beth said she has a single note of Egyptian Musk, I've been wondering what it's like...it was going to be on my order I put in a week or so ago, but too many of the other scents won out! :P Anyway, I wonder what this single note would be like with some of Beth's reedy/herbal notes? When I sniff my Egyptian Goddess I think I can smell those things.

Egyptian Goddess has been my signature scent since the early 90's. I still keep a full bottle on hand at all times, even since finding BPAL. I've tried over 200 of Beth's blends and none of them smell like Goddess, not that I think they should mind you. I wear and enjoy all of my BPAL scents but I still wear and enjoy my Goddess too.

Hello everyone,

I have recently liked Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess and I was wondering if there is a BPAL scent that is similar or better even? The Egyptian goddess blend says that the notes are Egyptian musk and flowers. Thanks :)

Maybe try these for more Egyptian musk + floral:

*Bastet (notes: Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus)

*Salome (notes: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk)

*Mr. Ibis (notes: Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood)

And I think that Morocco is kinda similar, with the light, golden, powdery floral & warm musk type of feel, but that might be a skin chemistry thing...

I've had a sample of this lying around for ages, and gave it a one-year-smoke-free new test today. It smells *very* similar to Xiuhtecuhtli to me. The same kind of soft musk + floral mix that I smell in Xiuhtecuhtli's base. The only difference - from memory without a side-to-side comparison - is that I perceice Xiuhtecuhtli as a pastel turqoise scent, while Egyptian Goddess is more of a white with light pastel yellows and pinks maybe, but more pearlescent white.

(Cross-posting to "Looking for a BPAL that resembles a favorite perfume?")

I LOVE Egyptian Goddess, too! I've worn it since I was a teenager-smells like warm, happy, hippy times. I often crave it at bedtime, or when I need a break from my usual heavy, sweet wardrobe. The BPAL that feels and smells the closest to me is Bastet.

Edited by lookingglass

Sign in to follow this