Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Wench457

PW7

Unreleased prototype, no scent description.

In the bottle: Aquatic with a hint of mint. Crisp and clean, and not at all sweet.

On: Light and fresh. The mint takes center stage, but doesn't overpower. The aquatic note is still present, but in the background. Really, really pretty.

Dry: The mint fades quickly, which is sad, because the wet phase was amazing. Dry this is an aquatic floral. I can't tell which floral is here, except that it's definitely white florals. Not rose, jasmine or anything super heady, like magnolia. Fades fast - within two hours the mint and florals are completely gone, even after a generous slather. All that's left is a very faint musk I can only pick up if my nose is pressed to my wrist. I'm guessing white musk, but definitely something on the light end of the musk spectrum.

Altogether, this gives me a whole new appreciation for all the work and talent that goes into each BPAL blend. The beginning of this blend is wonderful, but the fast fade is probably what kept it a prototype.

This one is a fresh, ozone aquatic with a hint of peppermint. It's got a strong citrus component, and it does make me think 'Embalming Fluid' or 'Dirty'. Its that clean linen sort of feel. Unfortunately, some of this blends tend to go to 'industrial cleanser'... which this does.

SAD.

Citrus Leaf with hints of mint at first whiff. I get traces of ozone and aquatic. This too almost reminded me of Embalming Fluid....This is right up my scent alley....LOVE Green citrus aquatic-y scents. LOVE! This dries down fresh and wonderful and lasts a good while too!

Sniffed: Colourless oil. Ginger! Fresh, delicious, juicy ginger. With a little sparkling lemon-lime soapiness below.

Wet: A little spicier and a little soapier, but still very delicious. A bit like ginger beer but nowhere near that sweet. So refreshing and zingy! Maybe a little ozone?

Dry: Dries down to a whisper of powder in no time at all. :cry2:

Smells like sleet and snow – ozone and slushy snow. Something cooling and minty underneath the sleet and slush. That sharpness of the ozone-slush is dominant here. A bit of citrus too – maybe lemon with a drizzle of sugar – not sweet by any means but sweetened.

It's snowy on me, like icy mint with a hint of peppery ginger in there. Sort of like a spicy Embalming Fluid, but better with a snow note and less citrus. I'm not getting any floral in this, just minty ice, a touch of ginger spice and citrus that isn't too strong, which is how I like it. On my skin it has a decent throw and lasts long without much change in the blend.

Edited by Madame Nyx

I don't get the minty snow feel from this. It's soapy aquatic with a sweet, lemon-y citrus freshness. It goes sharper in the drydown, but is mostly a clean, soapy aquatic smell...

PW7 - This is a citrus/ice/mint scent. It's sweet and actually smells kind of like a lemon slushie topped off with a sprig of fresh mint from the garden. Because of the sweet citrus, it definitely reminds me more of a hot summer day type scent that cools you off with it's refreshing scent. It's an awesome scent and I kind of think I love it. :heart: